Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Game Thread - @ Texas - ESPN3 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Game Thread - @ Texas - ESPN3
Perfect inning for Bosse then nothing for the bobcat bats.

Still 7-2 horns in the bottom of the 7th with Leigh taking over for Bosse.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 pm
SuperCat

I really like Z. Leigh. His future is bright. His fb was 92-93 mph.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah me too. I was literally just raving about him to a buddy at the game. Huge upside.

Lewis in for Leigh. Still 7-2. Bottom 8.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

10 walks from bobcat pitchers tonight. This has been an ongoing problem since game 1 of the season. Almost impossible to win giving away that many free bases.

Longhorns make it 8-2 in the bottom of the 8th now with two on and two out.
Atwood in for Lewis now. Lewis's sophomore slump continues with another rough outing.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

5-pitch walk for Atwood in his first batter faced loads the bases and gives UT walk #11...

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Atwood balks in a run. 9-2. I'm not sure where the balk occurred.
Balk occurred with a full count. Next pitch ends the inning on a strikeout.

9-2 heading to the 9th.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm
SuperCat

That balk call was a chicken shit call.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:32 pm
SuperCat

I thought B. Lewis was finally going to have a good outing. Oh well.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

9-2 final. Not our best showing.

1-3 week. Our first losing week since February.

Short turnaround with ULM coming to SM to begin a 3-game series Thursday. Luckily we don't have to travel tomorrow.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

after a pretty impressively decent showing during the month of March Harrington is quick to return back to the 2013-2016 era since the TAMU game.

Last night is a prime example...tie the horncows 8-8 in hits... we generate 2 runs on 8 hits and they generate 9 runs on 8 hits via 11 bobcat walks allowed to their 2 allowed

after that short 4-0 baseball-softball streak over the horns we may see another 26-0 consecutive horns series streak once again so as long as Harrington lackadaisically lolligags and meanders around

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:33 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Bobcats continue to make the same mistakes. Leave SP in too long when it is clearly not going well. Not be proactive in getting RP's up and warm. Additionally, they keep going to the same guys who are making mistakes. This team won in spite of coaching early on...That trend doesn't look to continue.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

Reflecting on the game, I feel that having the bases loaded with no outs in the first and getting nothing set the stage for this one.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatEXpat wrote:
Bobcats continue to make the same mistakes. Leave SP in too long when it is clearly not going well. Not be proactive in getting RP's up and warm. Additionally, they keep going to the same guys who are making mistakes. This team won in spite of coaching early on...That trend doesn't look to continue.

Baird went 2.2 innings last night. Didn't even get out of the 3rd. Never, at any point this season, have I thought we've let our starting pitching out there too long. The leash has been pretty short for a lot of those guys. We really need the starting pitching to start getting deeper into games actually if we want to start winning again. Also we had both Pagano and Leigh up in the bullpen in the 1st inning. You want the bullpen working before the game even starts or what?

We have a 3-game series that starts tomorrow and need our bullpen as rested as possible. I don't think the staff was mismanaged at all, unfortunately half of the staff doesn't have the ability to consistently throw strikes.

LT Spider wrote:
Reflecting on the game, I feel that having the bases loaded with no outs in the first and getting nothing set the stage for this one.

Agreed. The tone was set early after the 1st.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:14 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

What would you have considered too long for the starter last night? What was too long for 3 of the relievers that have proven they are not going to be successful on multiple occasions. What about extending Bosse and Leigh? The coaching staff has exhibited a propensity to be caught off guard when pitchers go south...this includes, not getting guys warm as we approach the 6th or 7th inning when they know their SP is about to cash out. It sometimes takes 4-5 batters to get a guy hot and by that time, the game is lost. Guys not throwing strikes...that's a coaching issue too.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatEXpat wrote:
What would you have considered too long for the starter last night?

On a Tuesday when we have a more important 3-game series starting on Thursday? I definitely don't think 2.2 innings and 70 pitches was too long, despite his struggles. If they didn't have a chance to blow it open there in the 3rd I would've liked to have seen him get into the 4th.

Quote:
What was too long for 3 of the relievers that have proven they are not going to be successful on multiple occasions.

Assuming you are referring to Pagano, Lewis, and Atwood.
Pagano actually had a decent outing and did what he was asked to do which was eat some innings so we didn't have to pitch 10 guys to get through a game that was likely a loss after the first inning anyway. Take away the homer he gave up and he had a decent outing. I agree he's been bad lately, but last night was a small step in the right direction for him. Everyone forgets he was decent early in the season.

Lewis and Atwood came in while we were down big in the 8th. That's when you use guys like Lewis and Atwood...

Quote:
What about extending Bosse and Leigh?

Why? So they'd be unavailable if needed Thursday vs. ULM?
These mid-week games get to a point sometimes when they're one-sided that the game itself isn't as important anymore as the games that follow it.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next