4 out of 5 and 7 out of the last 8 
True Bobcat Fan

Post 4 out of 5 and 7 out of the last 8
When I looked at the schedule for this season, I would have been happy as hell to have won 2 of the last 5 games 4 out of our last 8. While Rice and UT don't seem to be the quality teams they usually are they are still big wins.

Very happy with the way our team has progressed from the beginning of the season. I was extremely discouraged after the first 2 weeks of the season but it looks like Harrington and the Bobcats have found a way to put the pieces together.

I give Harrington A LOT of crap, and rightfully so, but I think he did a pretty good job last night. There were quite a few times where the Harrington SAC bunt seemed like it would fit for Ty's style of baseball and he didn't do it. He let our guys swing the bat and we have a line up that can swing the bats.

Starting pitching seems to be improving and with our bats we can keep winning some ball games.

After this past week, it is the first time I have been optimistic about bobcat baseball in quite a few years. This team seems like it can win some games.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: 4 out of 5 and 7 out of the last 8
Optimism from RiverRatCat?!?!

What's next? Great insight from Taxman?

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Optimism from RiverRatCat?!?!

What's next? Great insight from Taxman?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

No kidding. I don't think some of the teams we've played in that stretch are where they usually are historically, but that w/l span is nothing to sneeze at. This team on paper isn't matching these results--we've got a number of stat lines that simply don't add up to this success (see saves as an example). I'm not gonna complain though... winning ugly is still winning. Sadly, I've only made one game during that span & listened to none, so I can't offer up any insight or explanation as to how it is happening.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

In the past few years, we've had some guys playing regularly because they were just the best option available out of a few other bad options.

This year, everyone in the starting lineup has earned it. Hubbard is raking at the plate and outside of the first few games he has played good defense. Almendarez might not get an extra base hit all year but he's getting on base at almost a .400 clip and playing perfect defense in LF. Huber has been good behind the plate, aggressive going after baserunners, and hitting over .300. Everyone else is a starter on pretty much every other team in the conference.

The starting pitching and bullpen still have some work to do but it seems like Ty at least found the rotation and where he'll use the relievers.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:08 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
but I think he did a pretty good job last night. There were quite a few times where the Harrington SAC bunt seemed like it would fit for Ty's style of baseball and he didn't do it. He let our guys swing the bat and we have a line up that can swing the bats.

My thoughts exactly.

Pitchers need to do a better job getting ahead in the count (really just strikes in general with 7 BB's). That drove me nuts

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

record in march: 13-2

most of us:

rivercat making this thread:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Im pretty happy with the results of the baseball team. Did exactly what they were suppose to do this weekend with the sweep. I did not expect to see this team perform this well but am pleasantly surprised.

I know it is a little early but our RPI is 78, we play A&M Tuesday and their RPI is 87. They are 0-5 in SEC play. I dont expect to pull out a win but it is possible with our bats.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:58 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

numbnuts wrote:

Pitchers need to do a better job getting ahead in the count (really just strikes in general with 7 BB's). That drove me nuts

First pitch strikes to 6 of the first 7 batters... The kid is throwing the ball well tonight, he's got good stuff.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:46 pm