Series Thread - Vs. Alabama A&M 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Series Thread - Vs. Alabama A&M
Bobcats host Alabama A&M this weekend in a 3-game series in San Marcos. This is the first ever meeting between the schools.

Schedule/Probable Pitching Matchups:
Friday - 6pm:
LHP Anthony Pagano (1-1, 7.59 ERA) vs. RHP Caleb Gay (0-1, 8.83 ERA)
Saturday - 1pm (moved up from 4pm due to likely rain Saturday evening):
LHP Wes Engle (1-0, 5.87 ERA) vs. RHP Blaine Milam (2-1, 4.05 ERA)
Sunday - 1pm:
RHP Nicholas Fraze (1-1, 9.24 ERA) vs. RHP Fernando Diaz, Jr. (0-2, 12.21 ERA)

The Bobcats will stick with the same weekend rotation for the 3rd straight weekend. Pagano and Fraze both picked up wins last weekend against Richmond while Engle received a no decision as the Bobcats swept the Spiders.

Alabama A&M is 4-11 on the season. They split a 4-game series with Fort Wayne to start the season, were beaten 11-1 by South Alabama in their first mid-week game, lost 3 of 4 at Savannah State, lost 12-1 to D2 North Alabama, lost 2 of 3 to Alabama State in their first SWAC series, then lost both games of a doubleheader to UAB on Wednesday this week.

Last year they were 13-44 overall and 8-16 in SWAC play. They finished 4th of 5 in the SWAC east division. Simply put, they are not a very good team and are likely the weakest opponent we face this season. Anything less than a sweep will be a disappointment.

They have 3 hitters to watch in 3B Cornelious Woods (.375), CF Carlton Peppers (.327), and 1B Carson McGregory (.300). Woods did not play in the UAB doubleheader on Wednesday. I'm not sure if he'll be available in this series or not.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Series Thread - Vs. Alabama A&M
wow, the SP for Alabama A&M threw a complete game and lost 7 - 2 while throwing 157 pitches.
:shock:

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 pm
SuperCat

I noticed that also. Don't see that much anymore. Reich pitched really well tonight. Nice to see.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Biggest takeaway for me:
No errors.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 am
SuperCat

I know we're all raving for some good news about this program but let's not get on here and praise our performance against the 285th RPI ranked team in the country. Wins against baseball powerhouses like Purdue, Richmond and Alabama A&M do nothing to prepare the team for a tough conference schedule. The only reason to schedule these piss poor teams is to try and inflate a win/loss record. I think our club team would sweep this weekend.

Let's see how we do in the next 12 games after this weekend. Good mix of tough games we prob won't compete well in and some we should.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:31 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Some people that post on here are just plain jackasses! They make themselves look like they have eaten some sour grapes. Maybe they have a son on the team that has never performed so they blame everybody else! They sound as bad as a used car salesman! You should try to find something positive to say every once in a while! Also quit walking around the park acting like you own the place and badmouth everybody, showing everybody what an asshole you are!

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 pm
SuperCat

I think Harrington knew he was going to have alot of new pitchers this year and scheduled accordingly. It won't be long before conference and nothing is set in stone yet. After the performance by Reich yesterday he could be back in the mix. Who knows at this point.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:38 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Good to see Reich go five innings, even though it was against a weaker opponent. Defense is much better with Sherley back and Ortega at 2B. The offense should also get better now that Newman is back in the lineup. The Cats just need to keep scoring runs and pick up a couple of W's tomorrow.

Just my two cents on the following...
I think cgd469 and tiggercat pretty much said the same thing, except one was very politically correct and the other was pretty blunt. Seems like bobcatforlife19 is a little thin-skinned and got too personal. I'm sure everyone here wants to see the Cats do well, but let's face it, the schedule has been pretty weak aside from Ok St. And yes, it was scheduled that way on purpose. We'll definitely see what the Cats have over the next 10-12 games.

BTW... if the basketball team wins the conference championship tomorrow and goes to the big dance, TY will definitely start to feel the pressure....if he isn't already!!!

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

We have one of the worst baseball programs in Texas. Ty has had us on the decline for about 5-6 years. There were times I had to ask scouts to move from my seats, I have not seen a scout in quite a while at Bobcat stadium. We will see some on Tuesday night, to watch the Rice players.

We are 7-7 against this schedule. If we can pull off a sweep today we will be above .500. I think it will be the only time we see that the rest of the season.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:06 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Harrington really got exposed when TXST moved to the Sunbelt Conference. There have been some pretty solid players that have come through over the past 6-7 years. Several players get drafted or signed every year. But as a team, he has not been able to put it together and win on a consistent basis. Looking at the rest of the schedule, going .500 would be a huge success, but I just can't see it happening. I'm sure many college baseball coaches would love to have the opportunity to coach at TXST.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:40 pm
SuperCat

For what it is worth the cats swept the two games today and starting pitching looked really good. Fraze allowed 1 hit in seven innings.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:11 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Yes, it was good to see the Cats win a doubleheader and sweep the series. Both starters today did a good job today going seven innings in each start. I couldn't stay for all of the second game, but it seems like it took us awhile to get going in the second game. Two wins none the less and we move on to play better quality teams this week. The Cats did what they were supposed to do.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
We have one of the worst baseball programs in Texas. Ty has had us on the decline for about 5-6 years. There were times I had to ask scouts to move from my seats, I have not seen a scout in quite a while at Bobcat stadium. We will see some on Tuesday night, to watch the Rice players.

We are 7-7 against this schedule. If we can pull off a sweep today we will be above .500. I think it will be the only time we see that the rest of the season.

Wasn't it two years ago when we had the most people drafted in our school's history?

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Baseball Fan wrote:
Yes, it was good to see the Cats win a doubleheader and sweep the series. Both starters today did a good job today going seven innings in each start. I couldn't stay for all of the second game, but it seems like it took us awhile to get going in the second game. Two wins none the less and we move on to play better quality teams this week. The Cats did what they were supposed to do.

That's exactly what Harrington said post game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The next five games are brutal, against programs that have all won National Championships recently. Pitching was good, and it looks like Harrington is bringing Fraze along slowly. With a chance at a one hit shutout, he only had Fraze throw 82 pitches before pulling him.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:04 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
RiverRatCat06 wrote:

Wasn't it two years ago when we had the most people drafted in our school's history?

Riverratcat is incorrect. There have been scouts at most of our games this year, I've seen as many as 6 or 7 at a few games.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 am