Series Thread - Vs. Richmond 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Series Thread - Vs. Richmond
I think Ortega was probably trying to bunt there which was stupid but he might have also been just bluffing early in the count.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Cats win game 3 13-2. Nice sweep to get back to .500.

utsa coming to SM on Tuesday.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
And Harrington was going to SAC bunt with Ortega in the 8th inning. Thankfully he missed the bunt attempt and Harrington let him swing away for a 3 run homer. He was going to SAC bunt with a guy hitting .460. :shock: Dumbass

That's the kind of shit Harrington does that drives me batshit crazy.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

Hindsight is 20/20 in those situations. 2 on, no outs, down 2 in the 8th. Bunting is often the play there. Had Ortega hit a ground ball somewhere we could all be saying what the hell did we not bunt for?

Ortega showed bunt on 0-0 and 1-0 counts before swinging away also. It wasn't called off with 2 strikes.

I liked the decision to swing away. Ortega is the best player on the team and was hot all weekend. Obviously it paid off.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tx.state wrote:
I think Ortega was probably trying to bunt there which was stupid but he might have also been just bluffing early in the count.

It was, he was trying to single/line drive into the gap to cut into the lead. The home run was actually a fluke.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bunting in that situation is never the play with a guy that is hitting .460 and hit 3 balls to the warning track earlier in the game with the wind blowing in. The wind shifted and was blowing out to right during the 8th. Him hitting a HR was not a fluke. I'm beginning to think you know very little about baseball Taxman.

Ortega was not bunting, it was called from the dugout. I'm sure he was walking to the plate thinking, now is the perfect time to SAC bunt so we can get they tying runs in scoring position.

Ortega should not have a single SAC bunt on the entire year. He is our best hitter and he has enough bat control to hit the ball on the ground the other way if a runner needs to be moved to 3rd.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Bunting in that situation is never the play with a guy that is hitting .460 and hit 3 balls to the warning track earlier in the game with the wind blowing in. The wind shifted and was blowing out to right during the 8th. Him hitting a HR was not a fluke. [b]I'm beginning to think you know very little about baseball Taxman.

[/b]Ortega was not bunting, it was called from the dugout. I'm sure he was walking to the plate thinking, now is the perfect time to SAC bunt so we can get they tying runs in scoring position.

Ortega should not have a single SAC bunt on the entire year. He is our best hitter and he has enough bat control to hit the ball on the ground the other way if a runner needs to be moved to 3rd.

I'm guessing you don't have access to other message boards. Let's see, do I trust what the guy that was at the plate said or do I trust someone who is guessing as to what actually went on there. :idea: :idea:

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:51 pm