Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 2016 Sun Belt Conference Tournament 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: 2016 Sun Belt Conference Tournament
1-1 through 2.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Teams should just bunt against us every AB.

Runner on 3rd and 1 out and stAte tries a safety squeeze, runner has no chance to score and tries to get back to third, Hallonquist throws it into left field. Runner scores, batter gets to 2nd.

3-1 Red Wolves. Top 3rd, runner on 2nd, 1 out.

RBI single, 4-1. Hallonquist is done. Brandon Lewis in to pitch. Lewis will be asked to pitch a lot of innings in relief.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Geisler leads off the bottom of the 3rd with a solo homer to close it to 4-2.

Game is far from over, stAte's pitching is pretty depleted already. We need Lewis to hold things down on the mound and we need to mash the ball offensively.

stAte going to the pen also now.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Scheible goes deep with 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th. Nobody on unfortunately.

4-3 Red Wolves now.

Diving catch robs Scott of tying the game. Our opponents are playing lights-out defense today.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

8th Inning kills me

Hills gets a leadoff single up the middle and Studdard is up with no outs and a runner on first....

And you bunt.

"So let’s go to the proof, using information from Retrosheet, which maintains a database of play-by-play records for every major-league game.

From 1993-2010, if a team had a runner on first base with no outs, on average it would score .941 runs from that point until the end of the inning.

If a team had a runner on second base with one out, the average was .721 runs from that point forward.

So, let’s say a batter walks to lead off an inning. If the team hits away, on average it will score almost one run in the inning. If it successfully bunts and now has a runner on second with one out, it has just decreased the run expectancy by 23 percent."

You go from 6 outs left with a runner on 1st to 5 outs left with the bottom of the order. I can't stand the small ball being played all season.This team (coach Ty) consistently played for one run vs the big inning and lost too many games for it. Probably a fitting way for the 2016 season to end.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You must have just started watching Texas State baseball. This happens regularly.

Ty Harrington is one of the worst baseball coaches I have ever watched. There are thousands of examples of him doing stupid shit. His players do not perform in pressure situations. It's been awful to watch this program slide down hill over the past 5 seasons.

I want a new baseball coach but it won't happen as long as Larry is the AD. He doesn't care. For some odd reason it seems like the majority of people that regularly attend bobcat baseball games support Harrington.

Bobcat baseball should be a top of the line program and with the small stadium we have it should be a tough ticket to get. It will never be that with Harrington and Larry.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Junior Bobcat

Don't go too crazy guys, at least you always are decent in the regular season, we're becoming famous for stinking for half the year, waking up and beating the brains out of ULM, Texas State, and UALR every year, and then show up in the conference tournament looking like a real baseball team and winning a few games.

Story always ends for us on the Saturday though. 7 straight Sun Belt Semifinals, 1-7 record in those games.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:53 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

amen on that bunting

Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Harrington needs to forget bunting exists. I'm trying to recall a time when he actually used it appropriately, and I'm having trouble coming up with one.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
Harrington needs to forget bunting exists. I'm trying to recall a time when he actually used it appropriately, and I'm having trouble coming up with one.

Atwood was good at it but then he would also bunt the likes of McVaney AND Goldschmidt. That was some cringeworthy watching.

Sat May 28, 2016 5:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

he bunted the cleanup hitter yesterday

Sat May 28, 2016 5:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:
he bunted the cleanup hitter yesterday

Call me a quitter but I stopped watching games a while back. I couldn't stomach it. I actually got more into the ladies for once.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Not only did he bunt the clean up hitter, he did it to put the slowest guy on the team at 2nd base. No guarantee he scores on a single and no chance to score on a hard hit ball. Nothing against Hill, the guy can hit the cover off a baseball, but his specialty isn't scoring from 2nd base.

Sat May 28, 2016 7:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

#12 RPI CCU gets the boot on hosting but #17 UVA who didn't even make it to the conf finals gets to host? No love for the Belt

Meanwhile out in Aggieland they're complaining about getting a national host seed bc it was #4 instead of #1 yet at the end of the day their RPI is still #4... do they really think that the way the last 4 conf tourney games went should supersede the way the entire 60-game season went?

I think if they didn't lose to Vandy in game 1 to get into the losers' bracket and ran the table in the conf tourney and went 4-0 vs 4-1 they would have had all the reason to complain about not getting the #1 national seed... instead take the #4 seed and move on quit the crying

Tue May 31, 2016 11:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ULL hosts a regional.
South Alabama gets in.
S.H.I.T. gets in as does SELU from the Southland.
Ty's team doesn't .

Tue May 31, 2016 11:41 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next