True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: What's happening to the talk?
In 6th, 11-1 Aggies. . . .

. . at least we're consistent. . . .

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Final: 14-1 Aggies . .

. . Makes 5 consecutive losses. . . . and counting . .

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:57 pm
SuperCat

Well that was a complete bitch slap. Looked like men vs boys. Ags trot out 90+ arm after 90+ arm and we run out a bunch of noodles. Ironically, our best chance at a victory in the next 7 games might be UT next week. They struggled to beat UTRGV (sadly who beat us).

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
Makes 5 consecutive losses

More importantly after beginning the season 12-4 make that a 9-13 mark in the last 22.

AND we got SWEPT at HOME by a satellite campus school

Think we've had enough for the year; as always in bobcat athletics there's always next season (though it never comes) and if we start re grouping now in preparation maybe we can break the 500 mark in 2017

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:34 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Bobcat87 wrote:
Makes 5 consecutive losses

More importantly after beginning the season 12-4 make that a 9-13 mark in the last 22.

AND we got SWEPT at HOME by a satellite campus school

Think we've had enough for the year; as always in bobcat athletics there's always next season (though it never comes) and if we start re grouping now in preparation maybe we can break the 500 mark in 2017

Re: The Future . . .

I used to describe my outlook in that re: as Cautiously Optimistic . . .

I can't even claim that anymore . . .

Now I'm just Cynical and Jaded . . .

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I have evolved from emotionally involved to an interested observer.
The baseball program should be so much better. No excuses.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tiggercat wrote:
Well that was a complete bitch slap. Looked like men vs boys. Ags trot out 90+ arm after 90+ arm and we run out a bunch of noodles. Ironically, our best chance at a victory in the next 7 games might be UT next week. They struggled to beat UTRGV (sadly who beat us).

I think you are right.

I'm also afraid because UT is playing some pretty bad baseball right now--it is conceivable that we could beat them. I fear that in the eyes of the administration and many fans, beating UT in baseball once this season, and for the first time in I don't know how long, would forgive the rest of what has been a pretty atrocious season.

That TAMU game was an absolute slaughter. We are simply not good. We're not even mediocre.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Well, I made it to the 7th inning before admitting the reality of the situation to myself.
I'm trying to stay positive with the development of a couple of favorite players. I'm really happy with the young second baseman. He is the type of player we need to keep recruiting--good fielder, speed, hits for average and some power. Seems to have a good attitude.
Hoping that Tanner sets the home run record for a season. I really like it that a local player can come here and perform well. Also hoping that Hump gets better and gets good support so his draft number will be higher than last year's.
It would be great if we could come into the tournament with a little momentum just because I will be attending most of the games and it would be a pleasure for our local heroes to perform well.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:35 am
SuperCat

WarrenNolan.com has a predictor for every team for the rest of the season. For the Sun Belt they are predicting the following conference final standings -

1. South Al 24-6
2. ULL 22-8
3. Troy 17-13
4. UALR 17-13
5. TXST 15-15
6. GA So 15-15
7. UTA 13-17
8. Ark St 12-18

That would make a tourney bracket that looks like -

1.South Al v. 8. Ark St
4. UALR v. 5. TXST

2. ULL v. 7. UTA
3. Troy v. 6. GA So

You could argue that 15-15 is optimistic for TXST given our recent performance and would mean we'd have to go 6-9 in the 2nd half of conference. With series still to come against @ULL, Troy, GA St, @Ark St and @UTA the only games that you'd say we were favorites in would be GA St at home so I'd take 6-9 right now and go on to the tournament.

Could see a scenario where we have to go to UTA on the last weekend and needing 2/3 or a sweep to make the post season and that would be pressure I'm not sure we could stand. Last 6 conference games on the road against teams fighting to make the tourney will be tough. Hosting the tourney and not making it would be an absolute 'terminated for cause' in my mind but we know that won't happen.

Buckle in Cat fans. We may suck (right now) but it will be an interesting last month of the season....so we got that going for us, which is nice :oops:

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We are not in any jeopardy whatsoever of not making the conference tournament.

We are 1 game out of 2nd place halfway through league play.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:14 pm
SuperCat

x wrote:
We are not in any jeopardy whatsoever of not making the conference tournament.

We are 1 game out of 2nd place halfway through league play.

....and only 3 games out of 8th....with 3 road games against the highest ranked (and best) team in the league.

Let's assume we get swept at ULL this weekend. We will likely be in 6th or 7th place, on an 8 game losing streak with one of the better conference teams coming into SM next weekend. Now if you also assume the higher ranked team takes 2/3 we'd be 10-12 in conference we'd be in 7th or 8th in as little as 10 days. Finish up the season with 2 series on the road against teams with higher RPI's and also battling for post season lives. Hard to imagine but doesn't seem that far fetched.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'll trade no SBC conference tournament for a new coaching staff. How embarrassing would that be, tournament at our stadium and we aren't even playing. That would really piss off the season ticket holders that spent the $ to reserve their seats for the conference tournament.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:03 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

RiverRatCat06 wrote:
That would really piss off the season ticket holders that spent the $ to reserve their seats for the conference tournament.

That is exactly what happened to the Cajuns in 2001, the season after their College World Series appearance the year before in 2000.

We hope to see numerous Bobcat fans in Lafayette this weekend. Safe travels for those coming over. This will be a great weekend to be in Lafayette! In addition to baseball, fans might want to also take advantage of the trip and attend Festival International de Louisiane. It is one of the best festival in the country and takes place in downtown Lafayette. It is FREE, filled with music, food, arts, etc.

Check it out at http://festivalinternational.org/

WELCOME!!!!

Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Seeing that it was hard to get rid of the basketball coaches over the years, I don't see Harrington going until he steps down on his own like Fran.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:37 pm