Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Sun Belt Conference Tournament Thread - ESPN+ 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Sun Belt Conference Tournament Thread - ESPN+
Troy bring in another run in the 5th on another Sac Fly. That runner had advanced to 3rd on a failed pickoff attempt at 2nd by the Texas State pitcher.

Cats get a lead off single to stat the inning for hit no. 2 of the game but can’t make anything happen with it.
Troy 4
TXST 0 b6

Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Trojans tack on another 5 runs with the last 3 on an RBI Double. Man those guys can run basss. They fast. Pitcher no 5 for the Cats and Trojan runner on 2nd is the “winning” run as that would give Trojans 10 run lead and in position for run rule assuming no Bobcats score.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Cats stop that 10th run from making it in but get no runs on their at bat , so back to Trojans in the b7 to try and end it with a run rule. Either way looks like it’s done. I’m out.

Sat May 26, 2018 6:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just not quite good enough to compete with the top of the league this year (Coastal and Troy).

30 wins at least but still a little disappointing considering how much offense came back from 2017 to 2018.

Only had 2.5 starting pitchers all year but collectively the pitching got better this year and is in shape to be pretty decent next year. Baird is the only senior pitcher. We do lose 5 offensive players though with Sherley, Scheible, Paul, Huber, and Scott. Lineup will look significantly different in 2019.

7 straight seasons now we've failed to make a regional. Way too long.

Sun May 27, 2018 1:37 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

We are also going to lose Ortega and Hubbard.

The baseball program is absolutely stagnant and a change is needed in a bad way!

Sun May 27, 2018 3:22 pm
SuperCat

Are those 2 transferring, they're not seniors right?

Sun May 27, 2018 9:32 pm
SuperCat

They are juniors, so they will probably be drafted. Don't think they will stay if they get the chance to go pro.
So, we're going to build the team around Newman and Lil' Poison (Shuffield) and two and a half pitchers??
Hope the recruiting is going well!

Mon May 28, 2018 2:12 pm
SuperCat

Oh yeah, right, can't blame them for that.

Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm
SuperCat

bobcatforlife19 wrote:
We are also going to lose Ortega and Hubbard.

The baseball program is absolutely stagnant and a change is needed in a bad way!

I for sure thought Ty would have been let go after last season. At the time though, that may have looked bad. Hopefully it happens this year. He's given us some good seasons but it's time to move on.

Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I just have zero faith in Larry to make a tough call (in letting go of a really well liked coach who is not really performing).

The bigger question (to me, at least) would be what is Harrington's contract situation like? If he has more than 2 years on his contract, I'd REALLY be sure he was sticking around.

And lastly, I don't know if I want Harrington gone, as the guy performing the search for a new one is Larry... And.. well, I can't fathom a worse choice (other than possibly me) to conduct that process.

Tue May 29, 2018 9:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

Hire SHSUs coach

Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Deggs would be a good hire.

Not sure you can let Ty go without it looking pretty bad.

Ty's last season before he had to leave the program for an entire season was 2014. We had already begun our decline, but we still hadn't had a losing season in a looong time. 2014 we went 30-28, and that was also our first season in the Sun Belt where there was a step up in competition (Louisiana was ranked 1st in the country for part of that season).

Ty appeared to have very little involvement in the 2015 season during his battle with cancer. Who knows how things would have turned out if he stayed healthy but 2015 was easily the worst TXST baseball season I've been through, and I was at probably 95% of the home games that season so I had a pretty good view of just how bad we were. We went 24-32 with Fikac running the program.

Ty returned in 2016 and we immediately got back up over .500 with a 31-28 record, we dipped again in 2017 to 29-30, then finished this season at 30-28.

I agree that .500 ball isn't acceptable for the Texas State baseball program. Coming out of the Southland we were poised to be better than we are at this point. I'm as hard on Larry as the next guy, but you have to admit this is a pretty tough situation given all the circumstances surrounding Ty's health and how badly the program dipped in the one season he wasn't around. Not sure what to expect going into 2019, but things could look pretty scary offensively depending on how mean the draft is to us. I think it's gonna take another 2015 type season to get Ty's seat warm.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

slycat wrote:
Hire SHSUs coach

Why would Deggs go to a lesser known program and accept a pay decrease. Deggs is making 300k at SHSU.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BaseballFan22 wrote:
slycat wrote:
Hire SHSUs coach

Why would Deggs go to a lesser known program and accept a pay decrease. Deggs is making 300k at SHSU.

Dayyyyum. I didn't know they were paying him that much. But SHSU being a better known program is laughable. No one knows either team.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
BaseballFan22 wrote:
slycat wrote:
Hire SHSUs coach

Dayyyyum. I didn't know they were paying him that much. But SHSU being a better known program is laughable. No one knows either team.

He made $132,600 in 2017.

Source: http://www.shsu.edu/~sms049/FY%202017.xlsx

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next