NCAA Tournament watch.... 
SuperCat

Post Re: NCAA Tournament watch....
Ugh! i hate it when we go 2 or 3 min. without scoring any points.
It seems to happen multiple times a game. Already twice now during ULL game.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

It is looking like the Midwest region in Tulsa against #3 seed UH for the first round gives us the best chance for a possible upset and a second round berth. But it all depends on winning the conference Tourney.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 977328002/

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Well, we are back to playing #3 Kansas in Tulsa still. Tough break with the loss this weekend because we get a much more athletic and polished Kansas team instead of Uh.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/281 ... ield-of-68

Another bracket has us facing #3 seed Texas Tech, a team which is getting hot at the right time. Where they've progressed from in the last month is a testament to good coaching. They went from an afterthought to a potential Elite Eight contender. :shock: :shock:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/N ... 29699791_7

Quote:
The Red Raiders bring the nation’s top defense, an athletic and swarming group that — unlike last year — has rim protection as well.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

ESPN has GaSo in at 14 for their latest edition of bracketology. The good part is GaSo has to play GSU for the season finale, so one will lose and the winner at worst shares the regular season conference title. If we can beat UTA on their home court we can lock up one the coveted top 2 seeds in the conference tournament and a share of the conference title. If we lose, there would be a 3-way tie for 2nd. Its March alright!

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatbuc wrote:
ESPN has GaSo in at 14 for their latest edition of bracketology. The good part is GaSo has to play GSU for the season finale, so one will lose and the winner at worst shares the regular season conference title. If we can beat UTA on their home court we can lock up one the coveted top 2 seeds in the conference tournament and a share of the conference title. If we lose, there would be a 3-way tie for 2nd. Its March alright!

Yeah, it's all madness!!! :lol: :lol: I'm actually starting to get worried we may not even make the tourney after dropping two games to close out the season. Bodes poorly for our conference tournament chances! :shock: :shock:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'd say Georgia Southern is the favorite to win the tourney, followed by Georgia State, followed by us, followed by the field whose combined odds over 9 teams are probably about the same as ours, if not lower.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
I'd say Georgia Southern is the favorite to win the tourney, followed by Georgia State, followed by us, followed by the field whose combined odds over 9 teams are probably about the same as ours, if not lower.

GSU is the most steady of the group, but I'd say this season we have their number. GAST on the other hand knows how to give us fits with their defense, but my biggest issue is getting that dreaded #3 seed in the SBC tourney and then having to play 3 games instead of only 2 for the auto-bid to the dance. That third game exponentially increases the chance for a "trap" game. :| :|

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah we need to win Saturday badly to avoid having to play in the quarterfinals. Not to mention to claim a conference co-championship.

Not sure how we have Southern's number. Our biggest loss of the year was to them by 16.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Yeah we need to win Saturday badly to avoid having to play in the quarterfinals. Not to mention to claim a conference co-championship.

Not sure how we have Southern's number. Our biggest loss of the year was to them by 16.

Based on the home game I saw in person, we had their number easily....which explains why they took them so lightly on the road for that blowout loss. They got complacent. Against GAST though, we had issues in both games.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Knowing what is on the line, and given that we lost to UTA in our last meeting. I think we come out to play and hopefully can ride that momentum through the conference tournament. I hate to say it, but if we lose I dont expect us to get out of first game in the tournament only winning 2 of our last 5. We need to build some kind of momentum and instill confidence like we did in the first half of the season.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatbuc wrote:
Knowing what is on the line, and given that we lost to UTA in our last meeting. I think we come out to play and hopefully can ride that momentum through the conference tournament. I hate to say it, but if we lose I dont expect us to get out of first game in the tournament only winning 2 of our last 5. We need to build some kind of momentum and instill confidence like we did in the first half of the season.

Agree on all counts. :sign: :sign:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 pm
SuperCat

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we brought our A-game. Turnovers and poor shooting are not going to get us the win. Oh well, still a great season with over 20 wins.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:52 pm
SuperCat

So disappointing to be in 1st place most of season and then to lose last 2 games. Maybe, but UTA is not looking good.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:02 pm
SuperCat

Well that really sucked. :( Now what? If no ncaa , do we have chance to make any postseason play? Why can't we finish strong, or take the next step to championship?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Well that really sucked. :( Now what? If no ncaa , do we have chance to make any postseason play?

Win the SBC tourney and go to the NCAA tournament.

NIT out of the question now. Don't win the tournament we'll end up in the CIT or CBI if we want to be.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm