NCAA Tournament watch.... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post NCAA Tournament watch....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Looks like we are holding at a 14th seed and would face Kansas in the West Bracket. Really wish we could get Baylor or Iowa, we'd have a chance at a better game and a loooong shot at an upset. Against Kansas.....they are just too athletic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 835470002/

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: NCAA Tournament watch....

Another bracket has us going to the East against Marquette, again as a 14th seed. This game would be closer, but they are still too athletic for us to give them a run for their money. I love the way Marquette plays though, always very disciplined and solid defense.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... e-virginia

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The official NCAA prediction has us as a 15th seed in the West bracket going against Michigan State. That one would be a blood bath, Michigan State is a potential Final Four team this year.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -top-spots

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

A new wrinkle, going to the South Region as a 15th seed to play in Jacksonville and would face North Carolina. :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... 9bd80a017e

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm
SuperCat

A friend emailed me with info from CBS sports that has TXST at 13 and playing #3 Houston in South region. He didn't send a link sorry. What do y'all think of that match-up? I think we get beat-up.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
A friend emailed me with info from CBS sports that has TXST at 13 and playing #3 Houston in South region. He didn't send a link sorry. What do y'all think of that match-up? I think we get beat-up.

We win and advance to the second round. There's a reason why Kansas is still holding the #3 seed despite having a 20-6 record and UH has a 25-1 record but can't crack a top 3 seed. Their schedule had a lot of home cooking.

Against a mutual opponent, we beat up on UTRGV on the road and they struggled at home against them. They rely too much on their guard play, which we tend to cover well. Their bigs aren't scary enough to roll us.

Also of note, we would be 25-1 too if we could make our freaking FTs. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:56 pm
SuperCat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
BobcatBuddy96 wrote:

We win and advance to the second round. There's a reason why Kansas is still holding the #3 seed despite having a 20-6 record and UH has a 25-1 record but can't crack a top 3 seed. Their schedule had a lot of home cooking.

Against a mutual opponent, we beat up on UTRGV on the road and they struggled at home against them. They rely too much on their guard play, which we tend to cover well. Their bigs aren't scary enough to roll us.

Also of note, we would be 25-1 too if we could make our freaking FTs. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't know, UH has beaten LSU and Cincinnati. Now you're right about them having a lot of home wins. I'll try to find that site my friend was talking about

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm
SuperCat

Now don't get me wrong, i'd love for us to beat them and advance.It's just a long shot for us, i think.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/ar ... 627102.php

I found this, must have been what he saw.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 pm
SuperCat

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, i'd love for us to beat them and advance.It's just a long shot for us, i think.

Oops, we would a 14 seed. :?

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:

A little home cooking in that article too, interesting that UH moved up to a #3 seed overnight in some of those projections.....I'd venture to guess Nova will knock them down the rankings later on (head to head, Nova beats them 10 times out of 10 times this year). Them going 33-1 and winning the National Championship.....they just don't have the horses for a run like that, and they still play a Cincinnati team that they snuck past in the first meeting but the Bearkcats are projected to be a Sweet 16 team come Tourney time.

Their guards are outstanding, but against teams with more solid defense and an inside presence they would struggle. Reason I could see us upsetting them is that they play very similar to us, with the exception that they have three solid scoring threats while we play better defense.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 am
SuperCat

Well that sucked :( . Hope that loss doesn't come back to bite us. Why is it that when we get some momentum and hopes up, something like this happens? At home too no less.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:59 pm
SuperCat

We may not make 64 if we play like that anymore. FG% was horrible. Now d was good, but must shoot better from the field.

Now what? Do we have to win-out, or can we afford 1 more loss?
I was kinda hoping for the #1 or#2 seed in tourney. What gets us either of those?

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
We may not make 64 if we play like that anymore. FG% was horrible. Now d was good, but must shoot better from the field.

Now what? Do we have to win-out, or can we afford 1 more loss?
I was kinda hoping for the #1 or#2 seed in tourney. What gets us either of those?

Tbh, it was expected. That's the second time this season when we have a record or near record crowd and we get complacent because we're at home. The entire team demeanor before tipoff of BOTH halves was lackadaisical. The saddest part is that this will kill attendance for the last game and for the start of next season unless we make it to the second round of the tourney.

If we lose to ULL on Saturday, then we can hit the panic button as far as seeding. As it stands, we still control the #1 or #2 seeds. We'd have to lose two more from here to be bumped down to the 3-4 range.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:11 am
SuperCat

What about Georgia Southern, they're hanging around waiting for someone to stumble. Does anyone see another loss for us? I sure hope it's not at home again tomorrow. Gotta play better at home.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
What about Georgia Southern, they're hanging around waiting for someone to stumble. Does anyone see another loss for us? I sure hope it's not at home again tomorrow. Gotta play better at home.

Based on the schedule, if we get past ULL we shouldn't lose again. GSU is just hanging around waiting for us or GAST to stumble, if we drop to a #3 seed....we may not make the tournament. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:08 am