BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Tournament Thread - Portland Classic
Saul Goodman wrote:
good lord - 5 min into the 2nd half and we're up 60-42

Kaspar with the halftime adjustments again. :shock: :shock:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah, Nottingham and Pearson went off early in the 2nd half. Started on a 12-0 run in the first 2 minutes. Terry did nothing in the first half but played really well in the 2nd half. M Harrell easily had his best game as a bobcat. C Davis played really well in the 1st half. One interesting point is the cats were being outrebounded in the 1st half at one point 21-10 but ended up outrebounding Portland 40-32. Pretty impressive turnaround. Can't forget to mention Pearson's 33 points. He was on fire tonight. As everyone can tell, I am pretty happy about this team right now.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cgd469 wrote:
Yeah, Nottingham and Pearson went off early in the 2nd half. Started on a 12-0 run in the first 2 minutes. Terry did nothing in the first half but played really well in the 2nd half. M Harrell easily had his best game as a bobcat. C Davis played really well in the 1st half. One interesting point is the cats were being outrebounded in the 1st half at one point 21-10 but ended up outrebounding Portland 40-32. Pretty impressive turnaround. Can't forget to mention Pearson's 33 points. He was on fire tonight. As everyone can tell, I am pretty happy about this team right now.

Drake was a decent measuring stick, but now Rice and UTSA are key OOC games to let us know how far the team has come since opening night.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Damn we played well offensively last night.

55 2nd half points. Don't see that out of Kaspar coached teams very often...

Nice to go win that tournament.
Pearson named tournament MVP. Pearson and Nottingham named to all-tournament team.

Pearson is absolutely on fire to start the season. He's shooting 52.6% from three on the season! He simply couldn't miss in the 2nd half last night no matter how well Portland defended him. Everything was dropping. He's also shooting up the all-time scoring list at TXST. Passed like 4 guys during this tournament and is up to around 16th or something all-time. He's just a junior folks...

First time we've put 90 on a D1 team since February 2017. Hopefully this team can consistently score unlike last year's team. Return to Strahan for a Wednesday night game vs. Rice.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yep, it was Emani Gant, L. Wade, Jeff Foster and can't remember the 4th one. Guess I'm getting old.

Nice to have some depth. Nottingham and Terry both got into foul trouble early but the reserves came in and played very well. I think our centers will be ok. It may take all 3 every night but that's ok. I love Chandler Davis'intensity. He just needs to watch the fouls and last night he did.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Damn we played well offensively last night.

55 2nd half points. Don't see that out of Kaspar coached teams very often...

Nice to go win that tournament.
Pearson named tournament MVP. Pearson and Nottingham named to all-tournament team.

Pearson is absolutely on fire to start the season. He's shooting 52.6% from three on the season! He simply couldn't miss in the 2nd half last night no matter how well Portland defended him. Everything was dropping. He's also shooting up the all-time scoring list at TXST. Passed like 4 guys during this tournament and is up to around 16th or something all-time. He's just a junior folks...

First time we've put 90 on a D1 team since February 2017. Hopefully this team can consistently score unlike last year's team. Return to Strahan for a Wednesday night game vs. Rice.

Watching these adjustments Kaspar is making, it seems like we've finally achieved the level of basketball IQ he has been seeking. Ignoring the fact the competition hasn't been particularly strong, they've been able to make some pretty complex halftime adjustments. That included successfully breaking through a zone defense, which is something I don't think I've seen a Bobcat team do against anyone in a very long time. Our improving talent depth is starting to show up more. There's still some weak areas that are to be expected at our level (lack of a true Center presence and true bigs), but we seem to have adjusted to this.

Again, we can't get too high on this team yet... need to wrap the OOC to really weigh & measure. But it at least doesn't look like we're trapped inside our heads on offense second-guessing ourselves. That's definitely new this season. Lots of confidence.

Pearson is playing a really well-rounded game with very few mistakes. If he can do this against stronger competition and continue into next year, he's going to get himself onto some radars.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think the most important takeaway from the tournament is that we’ve separated ourselves from the bad teams.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
I think the most important takeaway from the tournament is that we’ve separated ourselves from the bad teams.

Fuck you, Larry!

Sorry. That made me feel better.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 am