BobcatFans.com
http://bobcatfans.com/

OOC Schedule
http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27744
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bobcat87 [ Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  OOC Schedule

OOC Schedule is out:

11/9 Host Air Force
11/13 Hardin Simmons
11/17 @ Drake

11/21-24 Portland Classic
11/21 Cal Poly
11/23 USC Upstate
11/24 Portland

11/28 Host Rice
12/1 @ UTSA
12/5 @ A&M Corpus
12/8 Houston Baptist
12/15 @ UTRGV
12/22 @ Arkansas
12/29 Howard Payne

Author:  BobcatBuddy96 [ Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

Two D3 schools at home(out of 5), not to impressive.

Author:  LT Spider [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

I can only really make it to Saturday games. I think there are two. I guess Im gearing up for HBU :?

Author:  jj1180 [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

10-2 OOC record. Book it!

Author:  LT Spider [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

As much as the schedule is boring, I always thinks it helps generate interest for conference when we have a good record going in. Of course, home blow outs against the likes of app st quickly kill any hope. They make a lot of money selling me beer.....

Author:  x [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

Still not a good non-conference schedule, but it is better than last year at least.

2 of 5 home games last year were non-D1 also, but the 3 D1 games were UTSA, UTRGV, and A&M-Corpus. Air Force, Rice, HBU is a bit of a step up. Not a terrible job getting Air Force for the season opener in the renovated arena. Would have liked a slightly bigger name, but at least it's a decent name.

I really wish we could get down to just one non-D1 on the schedule. So tired of having multiples. I bet they add another as an exhibition too.

Author:  BobcatBuddy96 [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

Agreed, need to get down to 1 or none non-D1 schools at home for OOC. Maybe we can do more home and home series with some more mid-majors. Now with the new way the SB is doing the schedule, we get at least 1 peer home game. Need to build around that.

Author:  bleed gold [ Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

SB needs to drop the hammer on this kind of bullshit scheduling if it wants to become multi-bid and get better than scraps seeding in the future.

Author:  slycat [ Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

bleed gold wrote:
SB needs to drop the hammer on this kind of bullshit scheduling if it wants to become multi-bid and get better than scraps seeding in the future.


I thought they were but maybe I misunderstood

Author:  x [ Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

Starting next near they're mandating at least one home game and one away game must be scheduled every year in a "scheduling alliance" with "peer opponents". I haven't seen the definition of peer opponent yet.

Author:  slycat [ Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

x wrote:
Starting next near they're mandating at least one home game and one away game must be scheduled every year in a "scheduling alliance" with "peer opponents". I haven't seen the definition of peer opponent yet.


I want to say they trying to make this between a few conferences.The hope was CUSA and Horizon. I could be wrong, I saw it a while back.

Author:  x [ Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

Yeah I remember something about that too. It's unlikely to have any impact on our schedule. We already play UTSA every year so there's one game. Not uncommon to have a 2nd CUSA team on the schedule.

This year's schedule would meet the requirement with UTSA and Rice.

Author:  BobcatBuddy96 [ Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOC Schedule

slycat wrote:
x wrote:
Starting next near they're mandating at least one home game and one away game must be scheduled every year in a "scheduling alliance" with "peer opponents". I haven't seen the definition of peer opponent yet.


I want to say they trying to make this between a few conferences.The hope was CUSA and Horizon. I could be wrong, I saw it a while back.



That sounds right about the alliance conferences. CUSA for sure and Horizon, I think remember it in an article I read.

Next will be to stop Playing non-D1 schools at home in OOC games.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/