Regular Season Close out vs. UTA 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Regular Season Close out vs. UTA
:sign: Team to honor Seniors
:sign: Game to be televised on ESPN2
:sign: The last MBB's game with the WALL

On a random tangent :?:
With the Wall coming down, does anyone know where the video board currently on the wall is going to end up? Is there a plan to upgrade to the over the court scoreboard to include video?

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Regular Season Close out vs. UTA
Penultimate time to say goodbye to the wall on Friday. Women play on Saturday vs. UTA. According to the ticket office, a limited number of reserved seats are left.

https://twitter.com/TxStateBobcats/stat ... 7047374848

https://twitter.com/txstatetix/status/9 ... 3456621568

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ThunderCat wrote:
:sign: Team to honor Seniors
:sign: Game to be televised on ESPN2
:sign: The last MBB's game with the WALL

On a random tangent :?:
With the Wall coming down, does anyone know where the video board currently on the wall is going to end up? Is there a plan to upgrade to the over the court scoreboard to include video?

The pictures posted in Strahan of the completed project show the video board hanging from the ceiling.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yes... video board will be integrated into a 4-sided scoreboard suspended from the ceiling.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 am
True Bobcat Fan

Need a respectable crowd for the national television audience. A respectable showing by the team would be nice also.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
Need a respectable crowd for the national television audience. A respectable showing by the team would be nice also.

I'd be there, but I'm on the IR with a strained back...not sitting in those seats for 2 hours.

I hope we have a good showing. I'll be watching on the recliner with a heating pad.

:eatemup:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

hell of an entertaining game. fuggin unreal w/ the late 3s. live by them, die by them. :evil:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah hell of a game.

Nevertheless, we close the regular season on a 9-game losing streak and limp into the conference tournament as either a 9 or 10 seed depending on what USA does tomorrow.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 pm
SuperCat

I'll be glad when Hervey graduates. Not much you can do when a man that tall and atheletic can shoot as well. The cats fought hard and the crowd was impressive. Not sure why Prijovic did not dress tonight. The walk on Scott had to play to give Peacock some rest. I wish we could have crowds like this every game.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i wish we could perform like that every game.

team avg 66.5ppg - score 82
pearson avg 15.1 - 31
peacock avg 7.1 - 24
nottingham avg 7.7 - 11

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
I'll be glad when Hervey graduates. Not much you can do when a man that tall and atheletic can shoot as well. The cats fought hard and the crowd was impressive. Not sure why Prijovic did not dress tonight. The walk on Scott had to play to give Peacock some rest. I wish we could have crowds like this every game.

Not only did Scott, who has played very limited minutes this season, have to play a lot, he had to guard Hervey. I actually think Scott probably had his best game of the year considering he didn't just get dominated by Hervey which is what I kind of expected.

The crowd was pathetic at tip-off, but filled in nicely by the 2nd half and didn't appear anyone left early. Either folks struggled to arrive at 6pm on a Friday or we got a lot of folks that migrated over from bobcat ballpark as the baseball game wrapped up but it ended up being a nice environment late in that game after tipping off to a mostly empty arena.

I can't believe we've gone from 14-8 (7-2) to 14-17 (7-11). What's tough is other than the Georgia State massacre we've been in every game of this 9 game losing streak with a chance to win down the stretch. Hopefully we can salvage at least one win in New Orleans this week just for the sake of not ending the season on such a horrendous losing streak. This is the longest of Kaspar's 27 year career as a head coach by a few games also. I'm sure he'd like to break it before having to endure an entire off-season with it still ticking.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I only caught the tail end of it. Looked pretty good on TV. As for Hervey chesting, come on man, you're not at home. This game should motivate the Bobcat team. Hopefully you get another shot at them (UTA my current and long-time grad school) in the tournament.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:55 pm