Everybody lose interest? 
SuperCat

Post Re: Everybody lose interest?
No need to start a new thread, but I have a couple questions going into the off season.

- Any possible recruiting signings to speak of?
- Does the team have an exciting PG that sat out this season due to transfer rules? I have a vague memory of someone mentioning that in a previous thread, hell it could be this thread.
- Regarding the renovations, occupancy is projected for December 2018. Can we assume the first 5-9 games of next season will all be away?
- Will this finally be the year that Kaspar schedules at least one exciting ooc home game?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 am
SuperCat

Jaylen Shead. Started as a sophomore at Cal Poly. 8 points 5.2 assists and 4.4 rebounds (10 games before leaving/transferring). Will be a redshirt junior. Cal Poly isn’t a good program, so don’t want to have huge expectations. Should be a good rotation player, at least, hopefully more.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Absolutely no recruiting news that anyone without inside knowledge could speak of. It's frustrating to me. I believe basketballs regular signing period begins April 1st. Unfortunately, nobody really covers basketball recruiting so kaspar and staff pretty much recruit in relative anonymity until the school releases who signed which will probably be a few months down the road.

As far as an exciting non-conference game I wouldn't hold your breath. Id love to know who we reach out to in attempts to schedule games with and how often we get our calls ignored. People tend to think we're not trying to schedule decent games and that may very well be the case. We may just not be able to get anyone to come to San Marcos either though. High major teams really don't like to leave their home gyms very often in non-conference play. There's no incentive for them to do so. Weighting home/away games for RPI like baseball does could maybe help resolve that issue some, but since the big 10 teams can still play basketball in a snow storm that won't happen. Anyway, hopefully a renovated strahan helps and hopefully Danny/Larry are trying.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

there's some recruiting info on here: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/texas-state?page=35

Its reliability is spotty though. It never had Peacock listed as someone we were even looking at. Same with Shelby Adams.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:27 pm
SuperCat

OU is opening at UTRGV (opening new arena) and UTSA next season. What excuse will Kaspar/Teis say about their OOC schedule? We don't have the same coaching contacts? We don't have the nuts to schedule the big boys? P5's don't want to come to San Marcos?

It's a pain in the ass to post an image on this site, I would post the tweet from Jon Rothstein if I knew how.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

easier to just copy/paste the tweet itself, and/or the link to that tweet.

@JonRothstein
Apr 9
Oklahoma will open next season on the road at UT Rio Grande Valley and UTSA, per a source. Both schools coached by former Lon Kruger assistants --- Lew Hill and Steve Henson.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 7422454787

not surprising, given the relationship between the coaches, but your point is 100% valid.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:07 am
SuperCat

Saul, thanks for posting.
Must be a strong relationship, for OU to play at the UTSA Convocation Center.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

My guess is we don't have the nuts to try and schedule these type of games.

I will say it's tough to get them though. There's just no incentive for the major programs to leave home.

I've been really pleased with football and baseball scheduling for the most part since we moved to FBS, but basketball has been atrocious. I've got to believe Kaspar prefers it that way at this point as we had more challenging non-conference schedules with a much weaker program in a weaker conference under a less connected coach in davalos.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 am
SuperCat

Now way Kasper gets close to a 20 win season without scheduling all those DII and DIII teams.
He's always rebuilding so doesn't want to have a serious spanking early in the season.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 pm
SuperCat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1810998462

Appears Kaspar scheduled a November tournament in Portland. As of now, I'm seeing Cal Poly, Portland and TBD as opponents.

Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am