Close wins and losses 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Close wins and losses
TXST Mens Basketball has to be setting some sort of record with these close wins and losses.

Cats 68 UTA 70

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Close wins and losses
Man, I predicted we would have 19 wins. If we had slightly better guard play we'd be sitting at 17 right now. Team is in a slump

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 pm
SuperCat

They need to get out of this slump. Now 5th seed if conf. tourney was this week,(well tied with UTA with 1 more aginst them--in SM).
Maybe they can get back in the win column this week. Sure would like that 1st round bye.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm
SuperCat

With 5 games left, how many wins do people see? I see 3.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Insert Adams into the starting lineup, and you'll see this team take off. Pearson is too timid on offense when he knows the other team will be keying on him as our go-to guy. He needs to have a complement like KGT was to him last season, and we need to develop Adams fast. Blount would better serve us coming in as our 6th man, with Nottingham taking over full time at PG.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:58 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

I was finally able to watch this team live at UTA and here is my two cents on this year's squad. We are very sound defensively and that is what allows us to stay in games. We are a half court set team, we do not really make any effort to push the ball up the court in transition to try to create easy buckets. Offense is very stale and consist of a bunch of perimeter passing and running down the shot clock until we get in desperation mode and heave up a shot. We do not have enough scorers on this team. Pearson and Nottingham pretty much carried the scoring load with 42 points combined out of 68.

Pearson isn't comfortable being "The Man" he is probably better suited as a Scottie Pippen type player. He is a really good rebounder though. Nobody on this team is really that good at creating their own shots and getting to the bucket. I'm not sure what is going on with Prijovic, dude has fallen of the map. He looks very timid out there. I have been impressed with Nottingham and think he will grow into being a great player for us when all is said and done.

I don't have much hope for this team making much noise in the Conference tournament. I think we got off to a hot start in conference because our schedule was so easy and we won the games we should have won. Granted we have been able to hang around with the better teams because of our defense, but our lack of offense is not allowing us to win those games.

I have to give Kaspar props for drawing up a perfect play at the end of regulation to give us a chance to win the game. Peacock has got to finish that play. On another note, I am surprised how clutch Peacock has been at hitting game winning shots for us this year despite the fact that he gives us no offensive production throughout the game. Maybe it is due to the fact that nobody is worried about him, so he gets wide open for the last shot and has had good luck knocking them down.

Eat em up...........

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 am
SuperCat

I guess i over estimated remaining wins, may not win another game. That would suck to go into tourney play on 9 game losing streak.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Team nose-dove after that 6-game win streak.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:34 pm