Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Looking ahead.... 
SuperCat

Post Re: Looking ahead....
Nottingham was the difference tonight. He had 17 points and had only 1 turnover. :eatemup:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm
SuperCat

Any road win is a good one in conference.

Glad to see Nottingham step up. He put up huge numbers at juco and was disappointed at his start. Looks like he’s getting comfortable and embracing the bigger role.

Pearson is struggling with his efficiency on the offensive end being counted on as the #1 option. 10 rebounds and a couple steals makes him have a positive day regardless from the box score.

A victory Saturday would help a lot in trying to compete for a conference title. Should be a favorite in Thursday's home game and then the tough conference games are in full swing after that. Really need to be 6-1 heading into next Saturday’s game against Louisiana if a conference title is going to even be a possibility imo. One game at a time though.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

What a great game for Nottingham--17 points with 1 turnover is excellent, particularly for a PG. And he was efficient--making half of his shots. He showed a bit more defensive hustle this game as well--picking up a couple of steals and generally being a presence against the Red Wolves. Their guards still had good games, but Kaspar should be pleased that he is showing defensive progress that was noticeably better than against Troy.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

This team is becoming fun to watch after a frustrating non-con run. I don't know if it was the team getting off to a slow start or if it's more about the level of play in the SBC. No matter what it is fun to see them winning and putting winning streaks together.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
or if it's more about the level of play in the SBC.

5 games played in conference
1 vs a team w/ an overall winning record (9-8 usa)
1 vs a team w/ a conference winning record (3-2 appst)
37-51 overall record
8-15 conference record

i'll take every win we can get, but we still have 8 vs ull, gaso, gast and uta, and they are 50-21/13-6 combined.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
1 turnover is excellent, particularly for a PG.

Particularly for Nottingham. I really like this guy. His only problem that I have seen this season is his maturity. I did not go to this game, but from the looks of the box score it looks like he put it all together. I'm sure he got a nice lecture after the Troy game for some questionable decisions. They need to get him some relief though. I don't think he can keep playing 36 minutes a game and remain effective.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
slycat wrote:
or if it's more about the level of play in the SBC.

5 games played in conference
1 vs a team w/ an overall winning record (9-8 usa)
1 vs a team w/ a conference winning record (3-2 appst)
37-51 overall record
8-15 conference record

i'll take every win we can get, but we still have 8 vs ull, gaso, gast and uta, and they are 50-21/13-6 combined.

That is true. The conference seems top and bottom heavy. UL and GS look pretty good this year. GSU and UTA as well but seem more beatable.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Quote:
That is true. The conference seems top and bottom heavy. UL and GS look pretty good this year. GSU and UTA as well but seem more beatable.

I know they're 1-3 but I would count on Troy being a tough team as well.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah Troy has been surprisingly bad so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see them start to turn it on soon. Varnado and Person are too good for them to continue losing like they are.

ULL picked up some big time D1 transfers and look like the early favorites at this point at 14-3 overall and undefeated in Sun Belt play. Frank Bartley from BYU, Jakeenan Grant from Missouri, Malik Marquetti from USC, and Marcus Stroman from South Carolina are all 4 in their top 7 scorers. And they returned Bryce Washington and Johnathon Stove. Georgia Southern's backcourt is the most talented in the league are in year 3 all playing together now, they will be extremely dangerous also.

As Saul has pointed out, we have had a favorable stretch of games to start conference play. Grouping the teams by travel partners the Arkansas schools combine as the weakest duo. This is easily our best chance on the season for a road sweep if we can beat Little Rock tonight.

I didn't watch or listen to any of the A-State game so not really sure what happened, but was very excited to see Nottingham's box score. 17 points, 5 assists, and 1 turnover. If he can handle himself defensively we may be just fine at PG without Davis. Depth is going to become a huge issue though. We're basically only playing 8 guys right now (Nottingham, Blount, Pearson, Peacock, King, and then only Prijovic, Terry, and Adams off the bench). Davis is done, Gurley hasn't played in probably 2 weeks now with his groin injury, and despite Davis's injury Reggie Miller hasn't played a minute since. Pearson, who already plays 30+ minutes a game each night, is even learning PG if he has to play there. Reggie Miller and Deris Duncan are probably going to have to step up at some point as the season progresses.

Bobcats are 1 point favorites at Little Rock tonight. Still holding out on game threads while we ride this winning streak!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We've got an Isaiah Gurley sighting for the first time in 2018. Good sign.

TXST leads Little Rock 30-26 late in the first half.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Nottingham turns it over with 3 seconds left in the half and Little Rock drains a 3 at the buzzer to get it to within 1. 33-32 Bobcats at the half.

Pearson leading the way with 8 points. Blount and Adams both have 6. Good to see Gurley back on the floor. He played the last 3 minutes of the half and hit a 3 and grabbed a rebound.

Lead was 28-20 at one point, but Little Rock went on a run to close out the half. TXST is 10-1 this season after leading at halftime and 0-6 when trailing.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Nottingham is gonna be nasty guys...

Needs to learn to stop the ball defensively, but he's gonna be the best scoring PG we've had in a long time.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Peacock! Game winner at the buzzer!

72-70. TXST on a 5 game winning streak. Great two game road sweep this weekend.

Nottingham leading scorer with 14, all in the 2nd half, including 4 threes. One 3 feet behind the line with about 40 seconds left.

Pearson and King had 12 apiece, and Shelby Adams had 11. The freshman is starting to emerge as a key contributor off the bench.

12-7 overall now and 5-1 in conference. Back to Strahan to play the Louisiana schools this week. ULM on Thursday night then a huuuuuuuuge game with Louisiana next Saturday.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm
SuperCat

I could only follow on live stats during the 2nd half. Would have loved to see that. How far out was he?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm
SuperCat

Good win on the road. Glad to see Gurley back. Really like seeing Adams coming along. Nottingham becoming a consistent #2 scorer is huge for this team. Next year PG is going to be loaded assuming Davis is healthy and Shead being eligible after sitting out the season.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next