Game Thread - @ Rice 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Game Thread - @ Rice
Sorry fellas. Didn't create my usual game thread, but the 'cats were victorious tonight in Houston over the Rice Owls, 74-66. Good win, albeit over a struggling Rice team, to build some confidence going into Sun Belt play. TXST finishes non-conference play at 7-6.

Nijal Pearson led the way with 18 points. Immanuel King notched his 2nd consecutive double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Marlin Davis had easily his best game of the season with a career best 15 points. Hopefully a step in the right direction for Davis and the Bobcats PGs, who have struggled most of the season. The players will take the next 3 days off for Christmas before preparing for the first conference road trip of the season as we head to the Carolinas to play App State and Coastal next weekend.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: Game Thread - @ Rice
Guess I should have waited a little longer. It was good to get some scoring from M. Davis. Cats did not have that scoring drought that we were getting used to seeing. Hopefully the team is growing up. We just need more consistency. I'm looking forward to conference play.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Game Thread - @ Rice
We had close to a 3 min one in the first half, but looked good in the 2nd.

We held Rice scoreless from the field for almost 8 straight minutes at one point in the 2nf half. Defense played really well in the 2nd half tonight.

Let's hope we can get something going in conference play. I think next weekend will tell us a lot in the Carolinas.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 pm