Game Thread - @ Colorado State 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Game Thread - @ Colorado State
66-58 CSU final.

CSU couldn't score the entire 2nd half but they hit their free throws and our only answer on offense couldn't stay out of foul trouble.

TXST drops back below .500 at 5-6. Don't worry though. We play an 0-12 NAIA team I had literally never heard of before the season started Tuesday in Strahan though. So that should be exciting for everyone.....

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:01 pm
SuperCat

Everytime the Rams drove to the hoop the officials blew their fucking whistle. There were at least 6 horrible foul calls in the 2nd half alone against the cats. They did play with alot of heart in the final 20 minutes. I liked the 1-3-1 press. I still wish the pg's would play better. That is the weak link so far.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

It’s all too often in college basketball where the offficials over-officiate a game. It takes the flow of the game away and is is no fun to watch.

Bobcat basketball has been very disappointing this year. I don’t understand our offense. It’s so stagnant. It’s like they’re all afraid to shoot outside of Pearson and Peacock. There’s no motion, no cutting to the basket, no easy looks ever. Often times they pass the ball around the perimeter until someone panics.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

AirBoko wrote:
It’s all too often in college basketball where the offficials over-officiate a game. It takes the flow of the game away and is is no fun to watch.

Agree completely. Rule change a few years back has been bad for the game in my opinion. Let them play. Don't have to call every little bit of contact. It's no fun to watch and games result in who can shoot free throws better oftentimes (which is usually bad news for us).

Quote:
Bobcat basketball has been very disappointing this year. I don’t understand our offense. It’s so stagnant. It’s like they’re all afraid to shoot outside of Pearson and Peacock. There’s no motion, no cutting to the basket, no easy looks ever. Often times they pass the ball around the perimeter until someone panics.

We seem to go through about two extended periods a game where we just can't score. That being said, it sounded like we were getting some good looks in the 2nd half today and just couldn't execute. We have to get better at hitting open 3s, not missing layups (King missed at least two from point blank), and doing better at the FT line. We shoot the ball better today we probably win. The little press we put on CSU worked really well in the 2nd half.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm