Scratch the 2016 season WE SUCK AGAIN 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Scratch the 2016 season WE SUCK AGAIN
THIS IS THE FUCKING SHIT THAT DANNY FUCKBOY KASPAR SERVES US IN YEAR FUCKING 5? CANT EVEN COACH THESE KIDS UP TO KEEP A 9 PT LEAD WITH ONLY A FEW MINUTES TO GO

YOU STILL DONT THINK FREE THROWS ARE A PLAGUE YET SAUL? LITERALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF AND NEVER POST AGAIN YOU EGOTISTICAL SOCIOPATH. YOU STILL DONT THINK TURNOVERS ARE A PROBLEM? WELL THEY SURE AS FUCK ARE WHEN YOU MISS AS MANY SHOTS IN THE PAINT LIKE WE DO! ESPECIALLY WHEN WE HARDLY EVER TURN OPPOSING TURNOVERS INTO POINTS WE USUALLY JUST GIVE IT RIGHT BACK. THIS COACHES LAST SEASON CONF TOURNAMENT SUCCESS WAS LUCK AND NOTHING MORE. THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT YOU EXPECT TO SEE IN YEARS 1-3, NOT 5

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Scratch the 2016 season WE SUCK AGAIN
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
THIS IS THE FUCKING SHIT THAT DANNY FUCKBOY KASPAR SERVES US IN YEAR FUCKING 5? CANT EVEN COACH THESE KIDS UP TO KEEP A 9 PT LEAD WITH ONLY A FEW MINUTES TO GO

YOU STILL DONT THINK FREE THROWS ARE A PLAGUE YET SAUL? LITERALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF AND NEVER POST AGAIN YOU EGOTISTICAL SOCIOPATH. YOU STILL DONT THINK TURNOVERS ARE A PROBLEM? WELL THEY SURE AS FUCK ARE WHEN YOU MISS AS MANY SHOTS IN THE PAINT LIKE WE DO! ESPECIALLY WHEN WE HARDLY EVER TURN OPPOSING TURNOVERS INTO POINTS WE USUALLY JUST GIVE IT RIGHT BACK. THIS COACHES LAST SEASON CONF TOURNAMENT SUCCESS WAS LUCK AND NOTHING MORE. THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT YOU EXPECT TO SEE IN YEARS 1-3, NOT 5

just want to quote this so you can't erase it when you sober up.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

This was easily the most frustrating finish I’ve seen from a TXST basketball team.

Up 9 with 1:10 left. All you have to do now is make your FTs. They make 5 and miss 5 while giving up 15 points. The officiating was pretty bad and they decided the game with the last foul they called on Peacock. The player he “fouled” was out of control.

TXST’s win probability was 97.7% at the 1:10 mark according to ESPN. They truly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

It feels like Bobcat athletics, as a whole, just doesn’t know how to win.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

Shut the fuck up, you pussy ass loser.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 pm
SuperCat

Not sure which is worse. Then end of the game last night or phrat posting about it.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:21 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You know why teams will go for the foul more at the end of the game when down by less than 10? Because it works from time-to-time. That's especially true when UTSA notices off nights by certain opposing players, and capitalizes on that confidence deficit. Davis and Blount shit the bed at the free throw line.

Davis was a monster disappointment this game. His only contribution was 5 assists. His game against AFA wasn't good either. The guy has shit shooting ability. 15.8% on FG, 28.6% on FT, 25% on 3FG... just a gigantic disappointment so far this season. Stagnated & regressed. That's a problem, because Kaspar teams tend to live & die by the play of guards. At least he isn't a turnover machine though.

Pearson was off a bit as well.

We had 9 turnovers this game. UTSA scored only 5 points off those turnovers. That's good. Sorry this doesn't fit your narrative, Phratty.

We had 7 points off turnovers compared to UTSA's 5 points off turnovers. Bummed we didn't force more turnovers, but refs are gonna ref. Sorry this doesn't fit your narrative, Phratty.

We had 26 points in the paint compared to UTSA's 30. That's not way off. Sorry this doesn't fit your narrative, Phratty.

We missed shots and still have shot selection issues (those are mainly confined to a couple of players), but we also follow our shots with offensive rebounds (15) and as a result had more second-chance points. Sorry this doesn't fit your narrative, Phratty.

I've seen far worse from MBB. I've actually seen far worse during Kaspar's tenure as MBB head coach.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:17 am
Bobcat Wannabe

They should be able to finish that game out leading by 9 with a little over a minute left to play. You have to contest the 3's and make them drive to the bucket for their scores and for god's sake make your free throws.

Tale of the Tape

Free Throws
TXST = 18-31 = 58.1%
UTSA = 12-16 = 75%

We shot almost twice as many free throws as them and couldn't capitalize on the free points.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
Davis was a monster disappointment this game. His only contribution was 5 assists. His game against AFA wasn't good either. The guy has shit shooting ability. 15.8% on FG, 28.6% on FT, 25% on 3FG... just a gigantic disappointment so far this season. Stagnated & regressed. That's a problem, because Kaspar teams tend to live & die by the play of guards. At least he isn't a turnover machine though.

This was my first chance to see the Bobcats this season and Davis' play concerned me. It does seem like regression. His decision making baffled me at times. I honestly finished that game wondering if he should be the starting point guard for this season. I'm just not sure who they could even replace him with if that was a consideration. I will be at Saturday's game watching this closely. I'm not ready to pull the plug on the season though like the nimrod who started this thread.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Davis' play is absolutely baffling. It is like his head is not even in the game. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I see somebody ready to step in consistently from the bench. I hope something changes, because everything about our offense needs AT LEAST DECENT point guard play. Not great, but just decent. We almost might as well have four on the floor.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'd like to see Prijovic be more aggressive and take more shots. That kid has a lot of upside, but seems to lack confidence. I like him a lot.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:06 pm
SuperCat

My guess is that Danny will use our games against bumfuck state to get this team together and we will be decent by conference play. It happens pretty often with him.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

I was surprised he kept Davis in that long. Duncan was very efficient and he hustled, but he only got 5 minutes of PT. I guess he didn't trust any other lineup to get the ball in-bounds at the end of the game and not turn it over, but that wasn't the best lineup for shooting free throws. It wasn't like the squad he had in was making a difference on defense also.

Did anybody else notice Kaspar would talk to them while they were shooting FTs? It would distract me if my coach was barking out instructions while I'm in the middle of my FT routine, but maybe a lot of coaches do this and I never noticed. FT shooting is a pretty mental thing.

I know last years team had some bad losses to start the year too so I'm hopeful for the future.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

AirBoko wrote:
Duncan was very efficient and he hustled, but he only got 5 minutes of PT.

I suspect we're going to be seeing more of him soon. He wasn't very reliable last season, so my guess is that Kaspar wasn't ready to grant him the minutes just yet. Davis' stat line for shooting %s looks similar to how Duncan was last season. In the few minutes Duncan was on the floor, he was a good asset. He scored 10 points in five minutes of playing time.

I don't like laying singular blame on a loss, but my god has Davis been bad.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Didn't watch the game. May watch replay tonight or tomorrow morning.

Davis is a concern so far as noted, options behind him at the point though are Nottingham and Miller. Both looked bad in the Air Force game. Again, I haven't seen the utsa game yet so not sure how much improvement either had. Nottingham was a turnover machine in the Air Force game and Miller, though he looks talented, literally looks like a HS player physically. I think he needs a year to develop before he starts getting more PT.

Hopefully Davis has just started the year with two unfortunate bad games and shakes off the rust soon. I felt pretty good about him taking over this year after his freshman season. I knew we'd take a step back at PG, as Black ran Kaspar's offense as well as he could for not being a scorer last year, but hopefully it's not as bad as it currently looks.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm