2018 Starting rotation 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post 2018 Starting rotation
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Didn't want to hijack the CIT thread, so just wanted to get a feel for whom you guys feel will be in our starting rotation next season? I see it as:

(SO) Pearson F
(SO) Prijovic F
(SR) King F/C
(FR) Adams SG
(JR-TR) Nottingham PG

Off the bench:
(SO) Starwood (if he doesn't transfer) F/C
(SO) Davis PG
(SR) Blount SG
(SR) Duncan SG
(JR) Terry F

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: 2018 Starting rotation
1 - Davis/Nottingham - Pretty even split in minutes
2 - Adams - I'm hoping Adams is good enough to start over Blount or Julien as a freshman
3 - Pearson - Duncan backup
4 - Prijovic - Need to recruit a guy who can play here. Not sure Starwood has the ability.
5 - King - Starwood/Terry backup

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 am
SuperCat

What do you think the odds of getting someone like Greg Bowie out of San Antonio. Several press conferences ago Kaspar made a comment about ordering a point guard for christmas that could break a press on his own. Hopefully the success we are having will help sway his decision our way. I think he would play quite a bit his freshman year if not start.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cgd469 wrote:
What do you think the odds of getting someone like Greg Bowie out of San Antonio. Several press conferences ago Kaspar made a comment about ordering a point guard for christmas that could break a press on his own. Hopefully the success we are having will help sway his decision our way. I think he would play quite a bit his freshman year if not start.

He was talking about Shelby Adams on that one. We got his commit two weeks later. Saw Bowie play against Madison during the playoffs, probably would not play much the first year here, but he would develop in 2-3 years time.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am
SuperCat

Isn't Shelby Adams a shooting guard? Kaspar was talking specifically about a point guard that could break a press on his own.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Nottingham, guys. He was talking about Nottingham.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tx.state wrote:
Nottingham, guys. He was talking about Nottingham.

Nottingham was already on board, I talked to the coaching staff on this one before Kaspar mentioned it. He was talking about Adams, Kaspar never said anything about it being a PG at that press conference.

He said that in relation to losing Kavin and how that would put more pressure on Nijal if teams start to double up on him next season and breaking the rhythm of waiting until the last second on the clock and making a bad/hurried shot.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:51 am
SuperCat

This is the last comment on this subject. We are talking about two different press conferences. My initial statement was pretty clear. Kaspar was talking about not having a POINT GUARD who could break the press on his own. These are his words. Has nothing to do with Shelby Adams. I spoke with someone at the game who is closer than anyone you know and she said Nottingham was the person he was talking about. Tx.state was correct. I've tried to stay neutral on this dispute between you and Saul but that likely is not possible. Saul, x, catmom and others are the reason I come to this board. Unlike you I have no problem if Saul corrects me if I say something stupid.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 pm