Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 CIT tourney 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: CIT tourney
Tonight's games:

Houston Baptist 79
Campbell 98

Saint Francis 78
Jacksonville 76

Canisius 74
Samford 78

Four more 1st round games tomorrow:

Ball State @
Fort Wayne (-4.5)
6pm

Fairfield @
UMBC (-3)
6pm

Georgia State (-3) @
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
7pm

SFA @
Idaho (-5)
10pm

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Last night's scores:

Fort Wayne 88
Ball State 80

UMBC 88
Fairfield 83

Texas A&M - Corpus Christi 80
Georgia State 64
(Ouch)

Idaho 73
SFA 50

Tonight's games:

Saint Peter's @
Albany (-1.5)
6pm

Furman (-4.5) @
USC Upstate
6pm

UNC Asheville (-3.5) @
UT-Martin
7pm

Lamar @
Texas State (-9)
7:30pm

Weber State @
Cal State Fullerton (-1.5)

This is the final day of round 1. Round 2 starts Saturday. Top 3 seeds after the first round get a bye to the quarterfinals.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am
True Bobcat Fan

Lamar preview:
So Texas State's first round opponent in the CIT is Lamar. The Bobcats and Cardinals square off tonight in Strahan Coliseum at 7:30pm.

Lamar, of course, is an ex-rival of Texas State as we spent many years together as conference mates in the Southland conference until TXST left after the 2011-2012 season.

This is the first post-season game for TXST since 1997, the last time TXST made the NCAA tournament.

Lamar is 19-14 overall and went 10-8 in their Southland schedule this year, good for a tie for 5th in the 13 team league. Similar to Texas State, Lamar was picked 12th in the preseason polls and has been a surprising team in the Southland this season. They opened the season beating Howard Payne before going on the road and surprising Oregon State back in November to start their season.

Both teams have played multiple similar opponents on the season.
Lamar beat Howard Payne by 43, TXST won by 50.
Lamar beat UTSA by 20, TXST lost by 15.
Lamar beat Prairie View by 8, TXST won by 7.
Lamar lost two games to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi by 3 and 7, TXST lost by 4.
Lamar beat McNeese twice by 20 and 7, TXST won by 12.
Lamar lost to UT-RGV by 14, TXST lost by 12.

The two players to watch for Lamar are 6-5 Jr. F Colton Weisbrod and 6-0 So. G Nick Garth. Weisbrod leads the team in both scoring and rebounding with 15.3 PPG and 8.3 RPG. Weisbrod isn't an outside scoring threat but does a lot of his damage penetrating and getting to the FT line. He shoots 52.4% from the field and averages 6.55 free throw attempts per game where he shoots 70.8%. Garth is the 3-point threat. Garth averages 12.2 PPG and shoots 42.6% from 3. 76% of his shots come from 3 so he basically lives at the 3-point line.

My guess is Tilbury is tasked with guarding Weisbrod, though it could also be Pearson. With Garth only being 6-0 we could guard him with either Conley or Black. Black doesn't always have the size to defend an opposing SG but he could tonight if we think his defense could be more effective than Conley's.

My biggest fear in this game is our guys won't be up for it after the let down to end the Sun Belt tournament. I actually think this is a winnable tournament for us, hopefully we come out with the mindset that we can win the whole thing. If you're in the area come out to the game tonight. The school probably paid around $30k to get this game in Strahan. Need to sell some tickets and concessions to make it profitable. Game will be broadcast on Facebook Live. Bobcats are currently 9 point favorites.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Thought I saw something about the bottom sections already being completely sold, but not sure where. I would think a strong turnout would help the guys get boosted back up if they are feeling down about the loss.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

students on spring break doesn't help things.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
Thought I saw something about the bottom sections already being completely sold, but not sure where. I would think a strong turnout would help the guys get boosted back up if they are feeling down about the loss.

A poster on here said it. Not sure how true it is.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Not true. You can go on the online ticketing website and get a 1st row ticket right now.

I put a block of 8 tickets in and you can get 8 side-by-side tickets in the 2nd row.

Far from sold out.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm
Junior Bobcat

First I want to say I'm grateful to still be watching bobcat basketball at this point in the season.

I'm usually pretty negative on this board so I wanted to start out with positive comment. With that out of the way, is no one else frustrated with the quality of our live streaming broadcast? I thought maybe since this was on a different platform it may be better quality but it's the same as the regular all access feed. There are others in our conference that have a much better production and video quality than us and they offer it for free. I pay $10 a month for a sub standard definition picture which may or may not have audio and I just have to hope that it starts on time. Why can't we get a better online stream?

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah no where near a sellout and only 140 people watching online

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

survive and advance!

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
Yeah no where near a sellout and only 140 people watching online

They're all down here getting drunk and fighting with the police on teh beaches.

Seriously, though, as much as I am thrilled with the team this year, I don't watch basketball. It does nothing for me as a sports fan. I watched for about 10 minutes in the first half but I had other things I was more interested in doing.

Got that win, though. Just hope we don't get TAMUCC next round. :texasstate: :basketball:

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Nice win. Tried to watch but that was a rough broadcast. I like Brant but he doesn't have to say raindrops after every 3 pointer.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 pm
Junior Bobcat

slycat wrote:
Nice win. Tried to watch but that was a rough broadcast. I like Brant but he doesn't have to say raindrops after every 3 pointer.

THAT's your criticism? I'm genuinely asking this and not trying to offend. Are you blind? The reason I ask is the problem with the broadcast isn't brant or bill. They're fine. It's the picture quality that makes it almost unwatchable.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Txst_bobcat wrote:
slycat wrote:

THAT's your criticism? I'm genuinely asking this and not trying to offend. Are you blind? The reason I ask is the problem with the broadcast isn't brant or bill. They're fine. It's the picture quality that makes it almost unwatchable.

Those were two different comments. One was about watching it. I can't imagine it is that much more expensive to use HD.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
bleed gold wrote:

A poster on here said it. Not sure how true it is.

Yeah that was my bad. I think the website farted on me that morning. I should have reran my request.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next