Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 CIT tourney 
SuperCat

Post Re: CIT tourney
How many in student sec?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Some might find this interesting.... I left the game with about 45 seconds left right after I saw the team mentally concede the loss. I walked out the building headed to the aquarena lot and had to walk through the small parking lot next to the athletics building that is connected to Strahan before I crossed Charles Austin Dr.
As I'm walking through that small lot, the Good Dr. (Teis) was already in his ride, exiting the parking lot.
I find it interesting that after a great run by the basketball team, he decided it was best to beat traffic than to stick around and honor the achievement. Way to earn that salary increase he gave himself!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
How many in student sec?

if you mean the loud crowd section, about a dozen to start the game, maybe 30 by game end. if you mean the side opposite the team benches, it was about 2/3 full.
Larry Teis wrote:
We had a bigger crowd at the Idaho game. On top of that, this crowd was flatter than a soda that's been left out overnight. Seriously. No noise on defense at all. Might as well had 100 people there based on who was chanting.

tough to get into the game when there's a foul called every. single. time. down the floor.
JustinS09 wrote:
Sucks that the refs were so horrible down the stretch, but it's hard to blame anyone but us when you have a 17 point lead and let them go on a 17-0 run in the first half.

completely agree. i think these last two games really show what we do well (execute x/o and hustle) vs what we do poorly (dribble and shoot).

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 am
SuperCat

Thanks------would like to see larger numbers of students in stands. I guess when we've been bad so long it goes with the territory. Kaspar has us going in the right direction. Maybe a little tougher ooc schedule, but not so much that we back slide from gains this year.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm
SuperCat

I didn't go to many basketball games as a student. Maybe like 5 or 6. It would help if we had some decent home opponents to spark interest at the beginning of the year. One year we beat UH at home and it was such an amazing atmosphere, loud crowd section was full, and the lower part seemed to be as well. One group of female friends caught the fever and went to a lot of games after that. They even traveled to the Southland tournament that year.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Don't gauge student attendance by how many are in the Loud Crowd section. I don't think the Loud Crowd exists anymore. Pretty sure they disbanded, but the signs are still up on the railing. Students are just conditioned not to sit there because that's where the LC used to be.

The default student section now is opposite the scorer's table. I'd say there were about 850 students on Saturday. Now, I'm not saying that's good, I'm saying don't judge student attendance by looking at the Loud Crowd section.

And, somewhat off topic, am I the only one who thought the girls that filled in for our cheerleaders on Saturday did a better job?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

ThunderCat wrote:
Some might find this interesting.... I left the game with about 45 seconds left right after I saw the team mentally concede the loss. I walked out the building headed to the aquarena lot and had to walk through the small parking lot next to the athletics building that is connected to Strahan before I crossed Charles Austin Dr.
As I'm walking through that small lot, the Good Dr. (Teis) was already in his ride, exiting the parking lot.
I find it interesting that after a great run by the basketball team, he decided it was best to beat traffic than to stick around and honor the achievement. Way to earn that salary increase he gave himself!

That is really sad.

I know Trauth stayed for the entire game because we stayed to pay our respects to the Seniors (unlike Dr. Teis) and then did the rank and file walk out which took a bit. In the parking lot right outside Strahan, I had to grab my wife by the arm to stop her from running into Trauth who was walking backwards behind a SUV to help them back out. She gave my wife an annoyed look because...well I don't know why. She was walking backwards into a crowd. What do you expect? Any which way, I give her credit for staying until the end.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ThunderCat wrote:

Man, fuck that guy. At some point the coaches for multiple programs are going to end-up organizing and going to Trauth. Sticking around for 20 extra minutes and maybe poking your head in the locker room after the game doesn't cost a dime, and is what is expected of virtually any athletic director in the country except ours.

We lost the game all on our own (we chose to die by the outside shot), but that was some of the worst officiating I've seen in Strahan. It actually got me riled up, which doesn't generally happen (plus I was right behind the replay screen at the scorers table, making it way to tempting to rip into the ref).

The head ref should have a complaint filed because he started interacting negatively with the crowd--you can't do that no matter the circumstance. His dumb ass almost took out a cheerleader because he had no situational awareness.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

For what it's worth, Saint Peter's went on to win the CIT championship.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9