Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 CIT tourney 
SuperCat

Post CIT tourney
Looks like Lamar @ txst in the cit first round on Thursday

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:29 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: CIT tourney
Thank goodness. I hope there is a large crowd. I'll be there.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So excited to see this team get a chance to play in the post season. I'll definitely be there.

Who's with me?

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

dammit. any other night of the week and i'd be there. :x

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:42 pm
SuperCat

I'll be there. Looking forward to going to strahan one last time this season! :cat:

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm
Junior Bobcat

Would much rather have a postseason game at home against a winnable Lamar team than face DUKE in the first round and get smashed.... Winning this game against Lamar would be huge for recruiting and Kaspar going forward. Good Luck Bobcats!

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Anyone know what time tickets go on sale?

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 pm
SuperCat

dmccol wrote:
Would much rather have a postseason game at home against a winnable Lamar team than face DUKE in the first round and get smashed.... Winning this game against Lamar would be huge for recruiting and Kaspar going forward. Good Luck Bobcats!

Appearing in the big dance against Duke is far more valuable to recruiting than appearing in the CIT vs. Lamar.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Just hitting 20+ wins this season is going to do wonders for recruiting. Recruits are going to be excited about a program that has a little bit of momentum for the first time in 20 years that is also getting a shiny, renovated facilities with tight locker/training facilities.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

These pay to play tourney have nothing on getting blown out in the real thing. That said it is really cool for the players. Hope they make a nice run.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

This is excellent. At the very least the team will get a few extra practices and at least one more game. A young team needs all of the work they can get.

Also, I would hate for the game against Troy to be our last for the season because that was a pathetic offensive display. That is not how you want to go into the offseason.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

This is cool and all solely because of our 180th RPI but at the same time we were really (arguably, yes) a goal tending away (and maybe some free throws as well as some extremely questionable offensive and on-the-floor fouls--took KGT out of all but about 4 minutes of 1st half) away from the NCAA tournament and yet we're going to miss two tournaments (both the NCAA and NIT) because of one really really dumb decision? If you're going to put UTA in and not us, a team that has a much better RPI than us but yet got throttled by us doesn't make any sense....especially since we beat them twice. I would gladly accepted NIT seed 8, but as a team that finished runner-up in a conference that is in the top third of all of college basketball the CIT kind of feels like a sham!

-Bill O'Brien

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

uta's resume is so much better than ours it's not even funny. tournament selection committees look at bodies of work, not single games.

never mind that they have an automatic bid to the nit and there are only 32 teams, of which 10 are aq. so the question is not if our resume is better than uta, but of one of the at-large bids.

houston, boise st, fresno st and richmond are the small conf schools w/ comparable records you could look at, and all have better metrics than we do.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If you are arguing that we should have gone to the NIT over UTA, you don't understand college basketball. The NIT guarantees berths into the field if they do not receive an at-large NCAA bid, but won their respective conference's regular season championship while failing to win their conference tournaments. That team is UTA.

We finished the regular season #4 in a conference not considered particularly strong in basketball. Sunbelt is in the top third of conferences (barely), but that doesn't make a significant difference. If our SOS & RPI weren't so terrible (us individually and as a conference), you could have seen both UTA & TxSt get NIT bids. Plus, TxSt hasn't had this kind of success in 20 years, making the NIT even less inclined to select us at large.

UTA SOS: 134
TxSt SOS: 285

UTA RPI: 45
TxSt RPI: 179

Those two differentials are the result of one thing: our poor scheduling November thru December. This desperately needs to improve if we want to improve our odds of post-season play. I'm hoping Kaspar/AD adjust this next year, particularly since we'll have a facility that better visiting teams won't mind coming to.

You say we were one goaltending away... It was not a single error that cost us that game. I see 17 turnovers, which is why our offense never really got moving. We lost focus, likely the result of us coming off UTA too high.

We haven't played post-season ball in two decades. I'll gladly take the CIT invitation and I hope the guys enjoy the shit out of it.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:56 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
Just hitting 20+ wins this season is going to do wonders for recruiting. Recruits are going to be excited about a program that has a little bit of momentum for the first time in 20 years that is also getting a shiny, renovated facilities with tight locker/training facilities.

QFT.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next