Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Looking ahead 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Looking ahead
cgd469 wrote:
I wonder if we will have another walkon since Josephs is leaving?

Assuredly. Those guys help a lot at practice.

Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cgd469 wrote:
Agreed. I wish Julien well but good free up the space. We will have 2 so and 1 fr at pg. If one of them really steps up we will have stability for a while at a very important position. I wonder if we will have another walkon since Josephs is leaving?

I'm mildly excited about that stability at PG if they develop up. We saw a glimpse last season of what can happen when things start to click with this team.

Julien is a good guy and I wish him the best.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

This kid got offered today:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4654998/jacob-jackson

Thu May 04, 2017 2:45 pm
Junior Bobcat

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/news/2017 ... class.aspx

Here's the official release with quotes from Kaspar. Also, seems like another player has left, in addition to Josephs and Julien, with the comments of an extra scholarship and seven returners.

Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yep. Somebody must be gone.

Let's look at who we have if we count all 8 we were expecting to return.

1. Marlin Davis, Tre Nottingham, Reggie Miller
2. Tyler Blount, Shelby Adams, Isaiah Gurley
3. Nijal Pearson, Deris Duncan
4. Nedja Prijovic, Alex Peacock
5. Immanuel King, Maxwell Starwood, Eric Terry

Pearson and Prijovic were mentioned in the story so they are expected back. If Pearson is gone I'm going to spend my weekend crying, watching TV, and eating ice cream straight out of a 3 gallon tub.

The fact that we only return 2 players at the small forward position and didn't recruit another leads me to believe Duncan will return.

That leaves Davis, Blount, King, Starwood, and Terry.
Davis did some re-tweeting of the new signees, he's probably sticking around.

It's going to be either Blount, King, Starwood, or Terry. Let's hope it's not King as he started to look good later in the season. Starwood struggled all year, but was only a freshman. Terry redshirted so he's a wildcard. We signed 4 guards and only 1 forward this cycle though, so my money is on Tyler Blount.

Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm
SuperCat

Looks like Quentin Scott will get the final scholarship. I do not know anything about this young man.

Wed May 10, 2017 1:26 pm
Junior Bobcat

Ish tweeted he was told Scott would be a walk on. Signing period ends May 17, so I guess we'll find out soon. Maybe Kaspar is looking at a potential transfer rather than recruit.

Thu May 11, 2017 2:24 pm
SuperCat

Ok thanks. I was just going by what verbal commits had.

Thu May 11, 2017 6:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Starwood is gone. Happened a while back.

Sat May 27, 2017 9:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/news/2017 ... jicic.aspx

Quote:
Radojicic is a 6-foot, 9-inch, 230-pound forward, who played the past three seasons at Lamar State College-Port Arthur. This past season he averaged a double-double of 16.0 points and 10.2 rebounds per game. He ranked 13th in the NJCAA with 211 defensive rebounds, 15th with 305 total boards and his rebounding average was the 18th best. Radojicic also shot 61.5 percent from the field, ranking 35th in the country, converted 69.7 percent of his free throws and blocked 1.1 shots per contest.

In 30 games this past campaign, he scored in double-figures 27 times and recorded 19 double-doubles. Radojicic scored a career-high 30 points on 13-of-16 shooting against Lone Star College-Cy Fair on Dec. 30. On the road at Blinn College on Jan. 28, he grabbed a career-high 17 rebounds, 13 of them defensive, and netted 17 points.

A native of Ljubovija, Serbia, his performance over the course of the season earned him All-Region XIV second team honors.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

don't care if it's juco competition - these are the numbers of someone putting in WORK between the lines.
Quote:
In 30 games this past campaign, he scored in double-figures 27 times and recorded 19 double-doubles.

6'9" doesn't hurt either.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Radojicic has to be an improvement to Starwood. Starwood definitely had talent, but it was obvious that he had no intention of listening to Kaspar.

I agree with Saul on the numbers. You can't have that many double doubles without working your tail off. We need a guy like this. I like this recruiting class and look forward to seeing it in action.

I am excited to see if Pearson can continue to develop. He's going to have to be 'the man.'

I think Prijovic could take a big step forward. I think he's hungry and starting to get more comfortable on the court. I know the culture and language barrier can be tough and I'm sure that hampered him a bit this year.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
I think Prijovic could take a big step forward. I think he's hungry and starting to get more comfortable on the court. I know the culture and language barrier can be tough and I'm sure that hampered him a bit this year.

Hopefully adding Radojicic helps with that

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Serbian pipeline

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/statu ... 6301683716

Former Cal Poly G Jaylen Shead is transferring to Texas State.

I haven't looked too much into it, but it seems like he transferred from Cal Poly suddenly in the middle of the season.
He was a sophomore this season and he started all 9 games before he left and averaged 8 ppg.
Good pick up, as he was one of Cal Poly's best players.

"Head coach Joe Callero declined an interview, instead releasing the following statement: “Jaylen has transferred from Cal Poly in good academic standing. We wish him luck finding a new institution to continue his education.”...
The Mustangs will certainly feel the loss of Shead on the court. He was arguably one of the team’s most talented players as a true freshman last winter and was expected to handle more of the scoring load as a sophomore this season."

http://www.calpolymustangs.com/sports/m ... eer&pos=sh
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/sports/col ... 80564.html

Last edited by Larry Teis on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next