Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Game Thread - @ Louisiana 
Author Message
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 pm
Posts: 131
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
I don't know what to say after this. I believe we shot 57% and lost. Thought we had it after KGT's three to go up by 4. They need to regroup. A loss to Monroe would be devastating.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:47 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Behind enemy lines
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
Under what scenarios do we still gain a bye?
Do we own any tie breakers against Arkie St, GaSt, or G. Southern?

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
cgd469 wrote:
I don't know what to say after this. I believe we shot 57% and lost. Thought we had it after KGT's three to go up by 4. They need to regroup. A loss to Monroe would be devastating.


I was worried about the ULM game going into this trip. I actually feel a bit better about it now after the way we lost tonight. No way we come out flat Saturday now right?

Also, the first round bye isn't dead yet. Troy beat Arkansas State tonight. So if we beat ULM and South Alabama beats Arkansas State in Mobile on Saturday we would sneak into the 4 seed. We play first Saturday so we better come out to play.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
ThunderCat wrote:
Under what scenarios do we still gain a bye?
Do we own any tie breakers against Arkie St, GaSt, or G. Southern?


Only tiebreaker we own is against Arkansas State. We can't catch GSU or GS now.

We have to win and A-state has to lose Saturday. Only scenario now.

Had we not blown this it would be win and in on Saturday.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:59 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
UTA won the outright championship tonight also.

Congrats to them. I guess.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:47 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Behind enemy lines
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
x wrote:
ThunderCat wrote:
Under what scenarios do we still gain a bye?
Do we own any tie breakers against Arkie St, GaSt, or G. Southern?


Only tiebreaker we own is against Arkansas State. We can't catch GSU or GS now.

We have to win and A-state has to lose Saturday. Only scenario now.

Had we not blown this it would be win and in on Saturday.

If we beat ULM, Arkie loses, and Coastal Wins... We all end up 11-7. Do we hold the tie breakers against both Arkie and Coastal?

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL STREAK
UTA 14-3 24-6 W8
Arkansas State 11-6 20-10 L1
Georgia State 11-6 18-11 L1
Georgia Southern 11-6 18-12 L1
Texas State 10-7 17-12 L1
Coastal Carolina 10-7 15-15

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
Today's finals:

Texas Arlington 72
UL-Monroe 57
UTA wins Sun Belt regular season championship

Texas State 84
UL-Lafayette 94
OT

Arkansas State 72
Troy 81
Keeps our first round bye chances alive

Little Rock 62
South Alabama 57
USA led for 38 minutes and 58 seconds. Little Rock got their first lead with 1:02 left in game.
Similar to our game.

Standings after the dust from tonight settles:
Texas Arlington 14-3
Arkansas State 11-6
Georgia Southern 11-6
Georgia Southern 11-6
Texas State 10-7
Coastal Carolina 10-7
UL-Lafayette 9-8
Troy 9-8
Little Rock 6-11
South Alabama 6-11
Appalachian State 3-14
UL-Monroe 2-15


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
ThunderCat wrote:
x wrote:
ThunderCat wrote:
Under what scenarios do we still gain a bye?
Do we own any tie breakers against Arkie St, GaSt, or G. Southern?


Only tiebreaker we own is against Arkansas State. We can't catch GSU or GS now.

We have to win and A-state has to lose Saturday. Only scenario now.

Had we not blown this it would be win and in on Saturday.

If we beat ULM, Arkie loses, and Coastal Wins... We all end up 11-7. Do we hold the tie breakers against both Arkie and Coastal?

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL STREAK
UTA 14-3 24-6 W8
Arkansas State 11-6 20-10 L1
Georgia State 11-6 18-11 L1
Georgia Southern 11-6 18-12 L1
Texas State 10-7 17-12 L1
Coastal Carolina 10-7 15-15


Good question. I have no idea. Forgot all about Coastal.
Let me see if I can figure it out. We split 1-1 vs. Coastal in the regular season.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 432
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
This reminds me of bowl season. Getting into contingencies of hoping a team we aren't even playing does something to help us


I don't know what the statistics have been in our conference for basketball.... but I feel like one of the 4 teams that have received the buy have gone on to win our tourney something to the tune of well over 80% of the time. Would have been nice if anyone traveling to Louisiana tonight saw the value

_________________
"I have to do a much better job with this football team"
“I think that this team can be a good, be a good football team, I have to do a better job"
“Again, I think it starts and ends with me.”

-Bill O'Brien


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
First tie breaker would be highest win-loss % against the 3 teams involved.
We are 2-1.
Arkansas State is 1-2.
Coastal is 2-2.

We would have the highest win % and would get the 4 seed. Still alive.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:12 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:47 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Behind enemy lines
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
x wrote:
First tie breaker would be highest win-loss % against the 3 teams involved.
We are 2-1.
Arkansas State is 1-2.
Coastal is 2-2.

We would have the highest win % and would get the 4 seed. Still alive.

I just realized G. Southern and GaSt play each other to end their season, therefore one of them will also fall to 11-7 in that scenario :?: :lol: :? :shock:

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
ThunderCat wrote:
x wrote:
First tie breaker would be highest win-loss % against the 3 teams involved.
We are 2-1.
Arkansas State is 1-2.
Coastal is 2-2.

We would have the highest win % and would get the 4 seed. Still alive.

I just realized G. Southern and GaSt play each other to end their season, therefore one of them will also fall to 11-7 in that scenario :?: :lol: :? :shock:


Oh Jesus....


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 432
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
ThunderCat wrote:
x wrote:
First tie breaker would be highest win-loss % against the 3 teams involved.
We are 2-1.
Arkansas State is 1-2.
Coastal is 2-2.

We would have the highest win % and would get the 4 seed. Still alive.

I just realized G. Southern and GaSt play each other to end their season, therefore one of them will also fall to 11-7 in that scenario :?: :lol: :? :shock:


You guys don't listen very well do y'all? That's why losing against ULL closed the door on bye game

Bobbumman wrote:
We actually control our own destiny since GSU and GAST have a head to head Saturday. Win out next 2 games and we're looking at a playoff bye in the first round on the conf tourney. Something as simple as that given the last few decades of men's hoops that seemed like a pipe dream for us


viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27097&start=15

_________________
"I have to do a much better job with this football team"
“I think that this team can be a good, be a good football team, I have to do a better job"
“Again, I think it starts and ends with me.”

-Bill O'Brien


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:37 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
OK.

If Arkansas State wins they get it, so all the below assumes an A-State loss.

If Georgia Southern beats Georgia State AND Coastal beats App State:
Georgia State 2-2
Texas State 2-2
Arkansas State 2-2
Coastal 3-3
All 4 teams tie at .500.
Next tie breaker is record against UTA:
Georgia State 0-1
Texas State 1-1
Arkansas State 0-1
Coastal 1-1
Texas State and Coastal tie. GSU and A-state eliminated.
Next tie breaker is record against team that finishes 2nd. Which would be Georgia Southern in this scenario:
Texas State 0-1
Coastal 1-1
Coastal gets the 4 seed

If Georgia State beats Georgia Southern AND Coastal beats App:
Georgia Southern 3-1
Texas State 2-2
Arkansas State 0-3
Coastal 3-3
Georgia Southern gets the 4 seed

If Georgia Southern beats Georgia State AND App beats Coastal:
Georgia State 1-1
Texas State 1-1
Arkansas State 1-1
Next tie break is record vs. UTA
Georgia State 0-1
Texas State 1-1
Arkansas State 0-1
Texas State gets the 4 seed

If Georgia State beats Georgia Southern AND App beats Coastal:
Georgia Southern 2-0
Texas State 1-1
Arkansas State 0-2
Georgia Southern gets the 4 seed

So. We have to win AND South Alabama has to beat Arkansas State AND App has to beat Coastal AND Georgia State has to beat Georgia Southern.

OK, looks like there's a 95% chance we're playing on Wednesday.....

Hopefully my math is wrong.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5781
Reply with quote
Post Re: Game Thread - @ Louisiana
OK I already noticed a mistake. If Arkansas State wins we could still tie finish in a 3-way tie with either GS/GSU and Coastal.

So there's more...

If we finish tied with Georgia Southern and Coastal:
Georgia Southern 2-1
Texas State 1-2
Coastal 2-2
Georgia Southern gets the 4 seed

If we finish tied with Georgia State and Coastal:
Georgia State 2-1
Texas State 1-2
Coastal 2-2
Georgia State gets the 4 seed

Still only looks like one scenario in which we make it and we need 4 games to go our way to make it.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group