Game Thread - Vs. South Alabama 
SuperCat

Post Re: Game Thread - Vs. South Alabama
That is funny. My niece and nephew go to about half of the games and they have nicknames for some of the people around us. Nothing bad, just funny. I wonder............ :sombrero:

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
Eric Terry will be in the mix next year as well. He is a good inside scorer and has a decent jump shot from 15' in. He needs upper body strength to keep from getting pushed around. If Starwood doesn't improve he may be # 3 next year behind King and Terry. Btw, I too sit a couple rows behind our bench. I sit behind a really cool and knowledgable guy who always touches fists with OJ Black right before the game starts. :eatemup:

Kaspar alluded to recruiting a "big guy" at of his recent press conferences.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
That is funny. My niece and nephew go to about half of the games and they have nicknames for some of the people around us. Nothing bad, just funny. I wonder............ :sombrero:

Dang I probably have a nickname....

Hopefully it's not too bad.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
By the way, if you are ever looking for me at a game, I'm almost always behind our bench within a few rows--I like to listen to the coaches & players during the game.

I used to sit close to the bench also (courtesy of some premium seats from the bank) and it was funny/telling how many times Kaspar would simply yell "MOVE, MOVE!" when we were on offense the past few years. It got to the point where at times I'd be yelling that too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Blount and Davis are nowhere near the same type of players Conley and Black are.

Blount is a 5-11 SG, who's supposed to be a great perimeter shooter, but is a defensive liability due to his size. Conley is a defense-first SG who never developed an outside shot until his senior year. They are very different players. We need another SG as I don't think Blount can handle the load there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pearson there some in the future also.

Black is a defense first, look to pass, PG. Davis is a far more offensive minded PG. Again, pretty different players.

Starwood needs to make huge, and I mean huge strides, in the offseason. If there has been one disappointment so far this year it has been his play. The McCrea injury forced him into action sooner than we probably wanted, but he didn't exactly make the most out of it. Sure seems to be very talented so hopefully something clicks in the offseason.

Meant in terms of raw product. Remember Brown and Montalvo played the lions share of minutes until this year. It took Conley and Black some time to develop. Same will apply to Blount and Davis (time to develop).

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

God you're wrong a lot.

Brown has been gone for two years. Black was playing over 31 minutes a game last year...

Getting a more adequate backup in Davis means Black has actually been playing less minutes this year compared to last.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am
True Bobcat Fan

:lol:

Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
God you're wrong a lot.

Brown has been gone for two years. Black was playing over 31 minutes a game last year...

Getting a more adequate backup in Davis means Black has actually been playing less minutes this year compared to last.

Again, I'm talking in terms of development into the system. Black has been here three years and Conley two.....neither was a starter their first year here. They had to develop/grasp the system. DJ Brown had already played for three years before he started here (already developed into D1 ball) and Ethan Montalvo was a spot starter his first year.

What that means is that Davis and Blount will have a similar learning curve and eventually become the same type of players that Conley and Black were this year. To say that they are completely different players/styles, well yeah.....because the one's your comparing them to had already been in collegiate/JUCO basketball for 2-3 years.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Sounds like there is quite a collection of us behind the bench.

Alumni Assn. Charter Life Member #186
Bobcat Club Member Since Forever

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Blount and Davis will fill in nicely for Black and Conley, they are almost the same type of players.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 pm