Game Thread - @ Georgia Southern 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Game Thread - @ Georgia Southern
x wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
I see folks talking about the last time we made the dance... Is that to infer we stand a decent to realistic shot at making the tournament this year?

Like a 50/50 kinda chance?

I'd say we have about a 5-8% chance. Doesn't sound good, but it's the best chance we've had at this point in the season in the 12 seasons I've been following Bobcat Basketball.

I was about to say... Last few years (and under nutt/davalos) I think our odds were like... 1%, so it's an improvement.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

[quote="ATX Bobcat"]Neither one of these teams is that great.

A few critiques. What is with our offense. I will admit, i have only seen a handful of game this year, but where is the motion? Everyone just stands around on offense. Under a minute to go and ya'll just standing around....MOVE!![/quote]

That's always been an issue as long as Kaspar has been here, early on all he would yell from the sidelines repeatedly would be "Move! Move!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
Remember, when I post in this forum, I am 100% clueless to anything regarding basketball short of 5 players on the court, and the big orange ball goes in the round thing on each end of the court.

I see folks talking about the last time we made the dance... Is that to infer we stand a decent to realistic shot at making the tournament this year?

Like a 50/50 kinda chance?

And someone said waiting on the team to get into the 70's... My assumption means that's ranking (either rpi or just general rankings)... Is that correct?

Decent, yes. Realistic.....we will probably finish fourth at the conference tournament unless we find a way to generate more offense in the next three weeks.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SanMarcosWay wrote:
I meant score. Seems like a score in the 50's or 60's for our opponent means we are likely playing "our kind of game", but I think we lose games when our opponents are scoring 70's/80's. Again, not really a basketball guy, so there may not be anything behind that.

That observation is actually spot on.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Very true. Once I see an opponent score beyond about 62 points barring OT, I know we're in danger.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:31 pm