A month ago.... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post A month ago....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

.....before the Appalachian State game, I was going to start a countdown/twitter tag to 20 wins this season for the MBB team. The team was 7-5 and could have easily been 9-3 save for FG and FT issues letting two games (Hawaii, TAMCC) get away from them. I thought twice because of the resident trolls on twitter and on here once again saying "he's using hyperbole!!", so I kept the info to myself.

Truth is, this team has four winnable games left at the tail end of the season and could easily get a 3-2 split in the next five games not counting tournament games. Kaspar's program is on the uptrend.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: A month ago....

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:53 am
Junior Bobcat

I'd really hate for the Football chicken little's to see what a good coach can do in a few years...

Last edited by TXStateFratBoy on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Easy fellas.

We're 13-8 overall and 6-3 in SBC play with our first half of conference being significantly less challenging than the 2nd half.

Our next 5 games are pretty brutal:
@ UTA
vs. Little Rock
vs. A-State
@ Georgia Southern
@ Georgia State

We haven't accomplished anything yet.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:49 pm
Junior Bobcat

I understand that too. But this is a great start and better than anything I've seen from the program.

I'll be in Arlington on Saturday to will us to a win and keep the momentum rolling :texasstate: :texasstate:

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXStateFratBoy wrote:
I understand that too. But this is a great start and better than anything I've seen from the program.

I'll be in Arlington on Saturday to will us to a win and keep the momentum rolling :texasstate: :texasstate:

Are you going to stand up and loudly sing Frozen songs by yourself as the home fans sit quietly during UTA's free throws? Because they brought a guy like that to San Marcos.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm
Junior Bobcat

Seems like that is my duty as a maroon blooded Bobcat at this point. Probably gonna have to drink a few more beers than I had planned.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXStateFratBoy wrote:
Seems like that is my duty as a maroon blooded Bobcat at this point. Probably gonna have to drink a few more beers than I had planned.

Keep the maroon and gold on high! :texasstate: :sign:

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
Easy fellas.

We're 13-8 overall and 6-3 in SBC play with our first half of conference being significantly less challenging than the 2nd half.

Our next 5 games are pretty brutal:
@ UTA
vs. Little Rock
vs. A-State
@ Georgia Southern
@ Georgia State

We haven't accomplished anything yet.

That's why I said we can get a 3-2 split, I think one home game and one of the Georgia trip games are winnable. This is the toughest portion of the schedule and why I deferred any 20-win talk until it was more feasible. Seven more wins with nine games left plus the tournament is reachable.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
That's why I said we can get a 3-2 split, I think one home game and one of the Georgia trip games are winnable. This is the toughest portion of the schedule and why I deferred any 20-win talk until it was more feasible. Seven more wins with nine games left plus the tournament is reachable.

Yes, you will look like a genius when you predict 20 wins when we have 19.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:

Yes, you will look like a genius when you predict 20 wins when we have 19.

That. Makes. No. Sense.

We're at 13.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

3-2 in that stretch would be solid. We will likely be underdogs in 4 of those 5 (we should be favored at home vs. Little Rock) as GSU, GS, stAte, and UTA are all sitting at the top of the conference in the standings right now.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
3-2 in that stretch would be solid. We will likely be underdogs in 4 of those 5 (we should be favored at home vs. Little Rock) as GSU, GS, stAte, and UTA are all sitting at the top of the conference in the standings right now.

That would be a monumental achievement. That is not an easy run. Then again, we're using a word that has not been used in at least a decade with the MBB program: MOMENTUM. It has been a long time since we last strung together any significant number of consecutive wins, particularly this late in the season. And we are improving late in the season--that's a new thing as well.

I was starting to get skeptical after last season, knowing the youth anticipated this season. There are still a large number of things that are annoying the shit out of me (free throws, refusal to defend outside, dribble penetration, etc.), so I don't want to get too optimistic.

Pearson has been a very pleasant surprise, and I've enjoyed KGT's emergence as an on-court leader.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

That's why I said we can get a 3-2 split, I think one home game and one of the Georgia trip games are winnable.

We went 3-2 down that stretch and barely lost to Georgia Southern 67-70......but hey, I'm a glutton for punishment here. :wink: 8) 8)

We'll get to 19 for sure (barring some incredible meltdown the last two games) and we will have two more games to get to 20 after that, which is more of an accomplishment for the fanbase than for the team itself. They've already done more that most people expected of them.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
We went 3-2 down that stretch and barely lost to Georgia Southern 67-70......but hey, I'm a glutton for punishment here. :wink: 8) 8)

No we didn't.

Lost to UTA, GSU, and GS. Beat Little Rock and A-State. 2-3.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 am