The State of Texas State Basketball 

How much do you care about State Hoops?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:11 pm
I go to 8+ home games 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
I go to 1-7 home games 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
I check the box scores after each game on yahoo, espn, or another source 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
I read the bf.com basketball forum 29%  29%  [ 15 ]
I cant name 5 players on the team 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
I cant name the head coach 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a student and have never been to a game 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Hoops is so bad, I dont even care 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Im a member of the 15 person loud crowd 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 51

The State of Texas State Basketball 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post The State of Texas State Basketball
Check out the new poll. Let's see how many people care about my favorite Texas State Sport. Hoops is my favorite game, and to top it off, we compete at the true D-1 level.

I'm looking for people to meet up with before the games and talk hoops. Heck, maybe we can have a few adult bevs and get rowdy....

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: The State of Texas State Basketball
basketball is like baseball to me...i faintly care once the playoffs/tournament comes around...this is for pro and college...just dont get into it...even if we do stellar and manage to be ranked you wont see me going to a regular season game got basketball...ill be checking out a game or 2 baseball only cause the new facilities...o/w you wouldnt see me at one of those games during regular season.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

darussian12 wrote:
basketball is like baseball to me...i faintly care once the playoffs/tournament comes around...this is for pro and college...just dont get into it...even if we do stellar and manage to be ranked you wont see me going to a regular season game got basketball...ill be checking out a game or 2 baseball only cause the new facilities...o/w you wouldnt see me at one of those games during regular season.

What he said.

I just am not a fan of basketball/baseball. Never have been. Maybe it's because of my traumatic experiences in peewee playing those sports.

I might buy season tickets to the basketball team, but that will really be just to show my support for the squad. I still won't go, unless they do something to Strahan, and then it will be just to see what they did, not for the game.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I love basketball. Maybe it is my midwestern raising, or the years practicing my jump shot and 11-man drills.

My love for the sport is what has soured me from getting into Texas State basketball in the past. I think Coach Davalos is on the right track. I still think we foul too much, but that is going to happen with our style of play.

I am and will continue to be there.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

Growing up in basketball rabid Kansas and having a father that truly should have been a coach with his knowledge of the sport (some of you may have heard him at the last game yelling at Benson to pass the ball on the 2 on 1 drive).My brother played college ball for a while. I played for 12 years myself, just wasn't as good as he was.

I am a huge fan of all three sports at the college level. This has been the first year that I am not a working stiff unable to come to the games. So I try to make it to all the games if at all possible. I love what coach Davalos is doing with the team. I think there is a guy up in Austin that could learn a thing or two about being a coach on the floor.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

I follow Bobcat football, basketball, and baseball very closely. I've only made it to three games so far this year, which I'm not happy about. Last year I made all but one home game and two away games. Every game I'm in-town and not working I'm there. That goes for all three sports. I really wish support for basketball would increase here, we have too many football only guys. I don't see how you manage for 7 months of the year without any other sport to follow.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:29 am