Maroon and golden 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Maroon and golden
Anybody know what happened to the maroon and golden site?
Haven't been able to log in for several days.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Maroon and golden
Agreed, back to the land of taxi, run faster, low self esteem cyberbully sauls and robots

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28030

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:
Agreed, back to the land of taxi, run faster, low self esteem cyberbully sauls and robots

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28030

Welcome back, feel free to buy some Nike Air Prestos or Max 90's. :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Unfortunately, our web host had a data breach and according to them, out of an abundance of caution, they took all of their Windows Servers offline.

They are supposed to have us up and running again before the weekend... which is today. I'm not sure if they're going to meet that deadline. It's been a very frustrating week.

All of our files are on the server/database and they aren't giving us access to them until they get the all clear from the DB team. Basically, our hands are tied until they get us back online. We will then migrate to a new host and potentially a whole new software. Not sure yet.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

After we come back online we will start backing up the site regularly off the server so that if something like this happens again, we will be able to migrate to a new host immediately.

Our current host had an excellent reputation for uptime. Some jack-hole decided to hack them at the expense of hundreds of small businesses. We're sorry for the trouble but as justin said, our hands are tied at the moment.

We will be back up eventually though and we will continue to explore options to ensure the reliability of the site.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Thanks, guys. I miss my daily updates.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

Quick update

A2 hosting is still down... A full 2 weeks later. They included free backup services, but the backups were apparently hosted on their servers too... the sales team (cause that's the only team you can get through to), has started informing customers that it's best to switch to another host and forget about the backups. That they are mostly unrecoverable...

As some of yall already know, we have invested in a development company to develop a new site. They gave us a 17 day estimate to have the website completed. We have already purchased another host and have made the necessary changes to our DNS settings to point our domain to the new host. That will take up to 3 days for propagation. I might end up installing something basic while we wait for the dev team to finish up.

Either way, we are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep everyone updated.

Tue May 07, 2019 1:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Why hasn't everyone just post back on here? Back in my day, Bobcat Sports and Bobcat Fans co-existed fairly well. Same with Bobcat Report and Bobcat Fans.

I don't get why people keep trying to kill off the original Bobcat website instead of cultivating both. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Fri May 10, 2019 9:56 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm with you, Taxman. At least until the other site is back up.

Fri May 10, 2019 10:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah I thought we'd see some banter over here while M&G has been down but there hasn't been.

Big weekend in the world of Bobcat sports:
Baseball has it's final road series of the regular season with Little Rock while holding a 2 game lead in the Sun Belt standings. Chance of first regular season championship in 8 years.
Softball is hosting the SBC Tournament right now in San Marcos. Bobcats currently in the 3rd inning vs. UTA.
Track & Field opened the SBC Championships in Jonesboro today. Women trying for a 3-peat in outdoor. Men have finished runner up the past two years.

Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 am
True Bobcat Fan

I honestly thought so too. There's also that unthemed discourse forum some guy created, texasbobcats.com.

I do want Maroon & Golden to be the #1 and go to site for obvious reasons lol, but have no problem with multiple message boards. I have been apart of almost all of them since I started following TXST.

With that being said, we currently have bobcatfans.com, texasbobcats.com, and the Sun Belt forum at https://csnbbs.com/forum-296.html.

Me feelings won't be hurt if people sign up and chat elsewhere. Once we get back up and running, I hope to provide the whole package. Something no one else has done since the early days of Bobcat Fans. Bobcat report was close, but it was a paid site.

Fri May 10, 2019 11:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Why hasn't everyone just post back on here? Back in my day, Bobcat Sports and Bobcat Fans co-existed fairly well. Same with Bobcat Report and Bobcat Fans.

I don't get why people keep trying to kill off the original Bobcat website instead of cultivating both. :sign: :sign: :sign:

Because the website is overrun with bots selling fake gucci and apple products?

Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
Yeah I thought we'd see some banter over here while M&G has been down but there hasn't been.

Big weekend in the world of Bobcat sports:
Baseball has it's final road series of the regular season with Little Rock while holding a 2 game lead in the Sun Belt standings. Chance of first regular season championship in 8 years.
Softball is hosting the SBC Tournament right now in San Marcos. Bobcats currently in the 3rd inning vs. UTA.
Track & Field opened the SBC Championships in Jonesboro today. Women trying for a 3-peat in outdoor. Men have finished runner up the past two years.

Baseball created some more than wanted added suspense this weekend. Does anyone know if that win over UAR-LL yesterday locked up the 2-seed bye for the tournament? Either way that Little Rock series now caused us to need to win the tournament because the at-large-bid is likely no longer in play even if we swept UTA and got the reg season title and played in the tournament champ game and lost. Mid 40's RPI isn't going to get in done for us losing last 4 of 7 to teams far removed from the top 100 RPIs. Just like the end of the basketball season this season this year we mostly controlled our fate; we had a decent chance at sealing an at-large bid fate by taking care of business and sweeping UARL and taking 2 of 3 from UTA.

Mon May 13, 2019 10:18 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

chockyy wrote:

Because the website is overrun with bots selling fake gucci and apple products?

Hey, I almost jumped on some of those Nike deals. :D :D :D

In all honesty though, this is the one Bobcat site that makes it past my firewalls at work. 8) 8)

Mon May 13, 2019 4:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hey Justin, I see that the site is back up, but I can't log in. Is the new site functional?

Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 am