Subelt bowl attendance 
Junior Bobcat

Post Subelt bowl attendance
Sunbelt bowl attendance was weak at best.

Cure: 19K
Camellia: 18K
NO: 24K

Which bowl(s) would you go to and how many Bobcats would attend in total?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsda ... 1.24180893

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: Subelt bowl attendance
I thought the App State fan base did good job traveling to New Orleans, definitely more of them in attendance than Middle Tennessee fans. C-USA sent thier second best team and the Sun Belt champions murdered them. I wish these bowls would have conference champions play each other, then second place, etc
I will go to our first bowl game 100%. Outside of this forum though, I am not sure how the general fan base would travel. Although honestly, outside of the UTSA game I've never been to away games (mainly due to distance and the ease of watching online now).

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:17 pm
SuperCat

I think we do a pretty good job when travelling to in state teams. I remember the last time we played at Baylor when we were still FCS and we had a really good turnout (though this was back in 2007).
I will definitely try the best that I could to make any bowl games that we go to.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ArtyCat0811 wrote:
I thought the App State fan base did good job traveling to New Orleans, definitely more of them in attendance than Middle Tennessee fans. C-USA sent thier second best team and the Sun Belt champions murdered them. I wish these bowls would have conference champions play each other, then second place, etc
I will go to our first bowl game 100%. Outside of this forum though, I am not sure how the general fan base would travel. Although honestly, outside of the UTSA game I've never been to away games (mainly due to distance and the ease of watching online now).

The conferences used allocate spots in bowls to how you finished in conference but a lot of that went away due to lower attendance. They started letting bowls pick. This year the SBC changed that for the champ and runner up. But if NOLA had the Tulane UL game the attendance would have doubled and if the Cure Bowl had App and MT the attendance would have been better as well.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm going to any bowl game TXST makes. Doesn't matter where.

In regards to our fan base traveling. I used to be more optimistic about it. When we were bowl eligible at 7-5, there was a ton of buz on social media from what I would call "casual fans." I think if we get back to winning 7+ games, we will see a big shift in our fan base again. If we win 9-10+ games, I think we bring a minimum of 20K wherever we go.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:20 am