BobcatFans.com
http://bobcatfans.com/

Meet your new coaches!
http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27950
Page 2 of 5

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

wasn't kidding at all, but only because of his position, not his personality. i've only spoken to him briefly, so don't have much to go on there.

Author:  TheRevSWT [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

Bobcatfan300 wrote:
Apparently Spav is keeping AB since he is still in the building working out the boys. I know all the boys love AB. Pretty risky keeping someone who was so close to Everett Withers but he does a good job.


I wonder if AB got kept due to his marriage to the WBB coach?

I don't think it would have been the only reason, but surely helped him out.

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

ab is not married to the wbb coach. ab = aaron burkart, the s&c coach

ron antoine, wr coach, is married to coach z. but yes, i thought he was probably retained due to that as well.

Author:  DrumCat [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

TheRevSWT wrote:
Bobcatfan300 wrote:
Apparently Spav is keeping AB since he is still in the building working out the boys. I know all the boys love AB. Pretty risky keeping someone who was so close to Everett Withers but he does a good job.


I wonder if AB got kept due to his marriage to the WBB coach?

I don't think it would have been the only reason, but surely helped him out.


You mean Antoine? I know Withers was commended for bringing him over, it was a good PR move, and I know it wouldn't look good for Spav to break that.

AB's wife does have some kind of sports nutrition role in the department, though.

Author:  TheRevSWT [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

Dammit.

Author:  slycat [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

Image

Author:  LSU Bobcat [ Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

Image

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

@Keff_C

#TXST coach @JakeSpavital confirmed that @ZSpavital will be his defensive coordinator on @espn975 this morning. (First link) http://www.podcastarena.com/thebench/

Author:  GMAN [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

Saul Goodman wrote:
@Keff_C

#TXST coach @JakeSpavital confirmed that @ZSpavital will be his defensive coordinator on @espn975 this morning. (First link) http://www.podcastarena.com/thebench/


Thanks for posting. I have to say that after hearing the IV, and hearing the importance of recruiting (who and where) makes me feel good about filling up the cupboard!

The other key point was mentioning how many stud college QB's he's worked with and how intriguing that will be for prospects.

Solid IV from top to bottom!

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~
#FIRETEIS

Author:  Saul Goodman [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

@TXSTATEFOOTBALL
Introducing our new Defensive Coordinator @ZSpavital! Welcome to San Marcos. #EatEmUpCats

Image

Author:  chockyy [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

I don't remember our previous coaches doing the press rounds like this. Then again, i didn't pay much attention to Withers in the immediate aftermath of his hiring, so maybe it was similar.

Author:  Bobcat.taxman [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

chockyy wrote:
I don't remember our previous coaches doing the press rounds like this. Then again, i didn't pay much attention to Withers in the immediate aftermath of his hiring, so maybe it was similar.



They didn't. Everything was run through Withers.

Author:  Bobkat34 [ Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

In another radio interview (Keff posted today), it seems Zac Spavital may be the recruiting coordinator (at least for the upcoming/early signing day) per HC Spavital and it may be by default as he knew/evaluated all/most of commits we...had/have.

He did say in this interview that he would honor each committed player (as he didn't go as far in last weeks interview) but then again... we've had 3-4 de-commits since he took over and well... may be telling why certain recruits de-committed. We'll see moving forward.

Again, good thing that Zac Spavital's career he's like recruiting and keeping up with the numbers. I still don't expect us to sign a full class... maybe only a half or a quarter of class in early signing period. Then coaches can make a push for needs they see we have to run their O and D.

Author:  CatMom [ Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

We had 13 commits, lost 5 (so far) and gained 1 back today.

I'd post it but it's way down on my Twitter feed. Will try to go through TXST tweets and get the info on the commit.

Author:  CatMom [ Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Meet your new coaches!

CatMom wrote:
We had 13 commits, lost 5 (so far) and gained 1 back today.

I'd post it but it's way down on my Twitter feed. Will try to go through TXST tweets and get the info on the commit.

Not finding it....... :lol:

Anywho.....24/7 has us at 7 commits :(

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/