Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Time to blow out not so Supercat 
SuperCat

Post Re: Time to blow out not so Supercat
I like the Gold helmet as well, after White and maroon imo.
We wore gold with maroon stripe from 40s-1961, first pic (blk/wht) is from 1961. 2nd is pic of the gold helmet(s) from 2014 (I believe these are the ones RevSWT is referring to)
*sorry about size :?

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

Gold helmets are all I ask for. That and never do the little claw marks on the pants again. This all maroon crap is lame.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

FirstRow204 wrote:
We should celebrate the gold. No other team- maybe Baylor- is associated with gold. The more colorful the better.

As for helmets, I really like the idea of having a solid Texas silhouette on one side and their number on the other. Supercat for marketing and midfield.

We've tried that before. There was a 3-4 year initiative... the "Go Gold" campaign. It was tied to a shirt trade-in initiative as I recall.

Our "supercat" is one of the best logos in collegiate athletics right now. The old Bobcat logo? Yeah, that one is garbage.

I am, however, a huge fan of gold helmets. I would be open to a helmet with "TXST" in the old SWT font. I prefer a heavier metallic gold.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:17 am
SuperCat

bleed gold wrote:
I would be open to a helmet with "TXST" in the old SWT font. I prefer a heavier metallic gold.

I think this would be a really cool. I think the current “TXST” design they unveiled a couple of years ago is supposed to be a modern take on the old SWT logo, but doesn’t quite hit the spot (though it’s not bad by any means). I think using TXST in the old SWT font/ colors would look badass and be a nice way to tie the two eras (so to speak) together.
As far as helmets I would like to see gold w/ solid maroon super cat, maroon with solid gold super cat, and matte white with maroon and gold outlined supercat. The TXST would be a nice alternate.
I have no photoshop skills otherwise I would try to make an old style TXST in old colors to see what that would look like.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

My Bobcats youth team had the Gold helmets with maroon and black jerseys and black pants. It looked pretty sharp.
BRING BACK THE GOLD HELMETS!

[img]file:///C:/Users/sgirouard/Pictures/Texas/Bobcats%202014.jpg[/img]

Last edited by GMAN on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

LatemCat wrote:
I think the current “TXST” design they unveiled a couple of years ago is supposed to be a modern take on the old SWT logo, but doesn’t quite hit the spot

it needs to be cleaned up a bit. too much going on. it's *so* close to looking legit good, too.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

I don't like anything about this thread. I love the Supercat and hate the yellow and red that used to be our colors. I could go for a more true gold color, but that's about it.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

right there w/ you river.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:07 am
SuperCat

Agree with everyone on the gold helmets...always thought those looked the best.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
LatemCat wrote:
I think the current “TXST” design they unveiled a couple of years ago is supposed to be a modern take on the old SWT logo, but doesn’t quite hit the spot

it needs to be cleaned up a bit. too much going on. it's *so* close to looking legit good, too.

Exactly. It needs a few more passes to simplify it a bit. I think getting rid of the embossing would be a start. I also think it's just a bit too dark. I think it would look nice if it was just flat gold with the maroon backing color thinned out so that it is more of a thick outline.

Relative to the supercat, I think it is great, but i would not mind seeing it updated a little bit, but I don't think it needs anything major

As for the unis, I agree about the gold. I wouldn't mind if there was a mash-up throwback with super cat variant, but wouldn't want to see that regularly.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:26 am
Bobcat Wannabe

chockyy wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
LatemCat wrote:

Exactly. It needs a few more passes to simplify it a bit. I think getting rid of the embossing would be a start. I also think it's just a bit too dark. I think it would look nice if it was just flat gold with the maroon backing color thinned out so that it is more of a thick outline.

Relative to the supercat, I think it is great, but i would not mind seeing it updated a little bit, but I don't think it needs anything major

As for the unis, I agree about the gold. I wouldn't mind if there was a mash-up throwback with super cat variant, but wouldn't want to see that regularly.

Do you or anyone else on here have good photoshop/editing skills that we could see what you're talking about? I like the idea of modifying the supercat a bit. Could be a part of the new image we hopefuly will have with Spav and maybe a new swag...even if we still have Teis as the AD

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am
SuperCat

I know I am always in the minority opinion here but HOW CAN YOU NOT like the old white and maroon helmets????? The best sports designs are classic, simple, and not changed continuously. I love the old SWT bobcat images!!! But again in the minority here.
The new TXST logo is lazy (ripoff of the old SWT logo) and would look bad on helmet.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:11 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

See to the left with standard
School initials..txst.
Go back to my era uniforms(throw back) and stay there.
Hate the mix and match stuff. Road uniforms could be reverse, dark helmets, white shirts, matching dark pants.
Keep gold trim. As I tell folks, difference between us an aggies...we wear the gold!

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

TxBobcat07 wrote:
Do you or anyone else on here have good photoshop/editing skills that we could see what you're talking about? I like the idea of modifying the supercat a bit. Could be a part of the new image we hopefuly will have with Spav and maybe a new swag...even if we still have Teis as the AD

0 talent unfortunately

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 am
True Bobcat Fan

Geno82 wrote:
See to the left with standard
School initials..txst.
Go back to my era uniforms(throw back) and stay there.
Hate the mix and match stuff. Road uniforms could be reverse, dark helmets, white shirts, matching dark pants.
Keep gold trim. As I tell folks, difference between us an aggies...we wear the gold!

Unfortunately, the youth like the multiple uni options. Heck, even the NFL has more than home and away options. It's a sign of the times.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~
#FIRETEIS

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next