Time to blow out not so Supercat 
SuperCat

Post Re: Time to blow out not so Supercat
Video of worst college football stadiums? Agree or disagree?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RfN4SkNs
At least we did not make this list of bad stadiums: Hawaii’s stadium is literally falling apart due to ocean salt and rust (no wonder Pro Bowl left) and I had no idea Yale’s stadium was that bad. Two Sun Belt school stadiums made it: ULM and ULL (and old member Idaho) along with our friends from UTSA (the Alamodome).
On List: Buffalo, New Mexico, Northwestern, ULM, Wichita State, Kent State, Rice, ULL, Harvard, Yale, Lindenwood (uil school), Vanderbilt, UTSA, Idaho, Hawaii.

Video of all 2018 NCAA stadiums by size if your interested (Texas State 4:05 in vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxAGN7XSOw

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:14 pm
Junior Bobcat

Great video! Coastal Carolina’s turf actually looks worse than Boise’s. Saban needs to donate some money to his alma mater- Kent State. Our stadium is awesome compared to any in the Sunbelt. If you cannot sell the river and the facilities vs any Scumbelt school you should probably get a job like #fireteiss has.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 am
Junior Bobcat

Have to agree with that video. I studied at the University at Buffalo and lived there for 3 years. The stadium is an awful place to watch a football game. The years i was there were some of the worst by an FBS team (1-A at the time) 1-11,1-11, 1-10. UB was much like Texas State at the time, however with much less going for it as far as facilities and location. UB however fired their awful AD and Coach, and made some really good hires to get things turned around. Their stadium still sucks though.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

ArtyCat0811 wrote:
Video of worst college football stadiums? Agree or disagree?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RfN4SkNs
At least we did not make this list of bad stadiums: Hawaii’s stadium is literally falling apart due to ocean salt and rust (no wonder Pro Bowl left) and I had no idea Yale’s stadium was that bad. Two Sun Belt school stadiums made it: ULM and ULL (and old member Idaho) along with our friends from UTSA (the Alamodome).
On List: Buffalo, New Mexico, Northwestern, ULM, Wichita State, Kent State, Rice, ULL, Harvard, Yale, Lindenwood (uil school), Vanderbilt, UTSA, Idaho, Hawaii.

Video of all 2018 NCAA stadiums by size if your interested (Texas State 4:05 in vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxAGN7XSOw

FAU, FIU and Wyoming have to be some of the more aesthetically pleasing of the smaller stadiums IMHO

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

id like a stadium that seats 45k+ so it actually looks like a major football program stadium so at least if we dont play even play up to par with mid major programs at least we feel like one. but we are far from needing that much space with larry boy at the helm. i think our current stadium is expandable to 36-38k

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
id like a stadium that seats 45k+ so it actually looks like a major football program stadium so at least if we dont play even play up to par with mid major programs at least we feel like one. but we are far from needing that much space with larry boy at the helm. i think our current stadium is expandable to 36-38k

Our attendance record is just over 33K right now. That was against UH when we didn't bring in the bleachers (so as is). There are 630 permanent seats in the Club and Suites level, so if we built an East side complex to get the symmetry back, that would put us just under 34K. I think we could get another 10-15K from closing in the South end zone. Which would put us right at the 45K that you want.

I also agree that we are far from needing that much space as long as Teis is AD. There's no denying that we are a sleeping giant though. We have a ton of alumni and are located in one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. With a competent AD, there is no reason we can't get to the numbers we want.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

Also, for reference.

Texas Tech - 60K
TCU - 50K
Baylor - 45K
UH - 40K
SMU - 32K

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am
True Bobcat Fan

Pretty sure the master plan had BCS being expanded to the mid 40s. That included the south end zone addition, east side suites, and east side 3rd deck.

https://broaddusassociates.com/planning ... aster-plan

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 pm
Junior Bobcat

Goal for next year should be to out draw Allen HS in actual butt in seat count for the season.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTGrad03 wrote:
Pretty sure the master plan had BCS being expanded to the mid 40s. That included the south end zone addition, east side suites, and east side 3rd deck.

https://broaddusassociates.com/planning ... aster-plan

Yea, I really hate that 3rd deck. I like symmetry and that aint it.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

thought about this one as i'm seeing graduation pics come out on social media, but i've thought the concept was ridiculous and confusing since my first day on campus.

we need to lose the claw hand sign. go w/ the left hand texas and that's it. holding up both hands is not only a pain in the ass, but we're the only school that has 2 hand signs, and in this case, being unique isn't cool.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
thought about this one as i'm seeing graduation pics come out on social media, but i've thought the concept was ridiculous and confusing since my first day on campus.

we need to lose the claw hand sign. go w/ the left hand texas and that's it. holding up both hands is not only a pain in the ass, but we're the only school that has 2 hand signs, and in this case, being unique isn't cool.

Oh ok, fair enough. Was curious if he had done it before.

And for the record, i'm not saying he couldn't/can't. He is certainly an athelete. It just doesn't seem (to my untrained eye) like a natural fit.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:30 am