Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 New Head Coach: Jake Spavital 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: New Head Coach: Jake Spavital
x wrote:
Did someone just make up the supposed nepotism clause that we thought prevented baby Fran from ever being DC under Fran? Was that not really a thing?

Basically. or at least misunderstood the rule. Spav can do it if he gets permission.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So far Spav has talked Trauth/Teis into letting him hire his brother and coach in WVUs bowl game...

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
So far Spav has talked Trauth/Teis into letting him hire his brother and coach in WVUs bowl game...

Further proof that the #FireTeis movement is not just about football wins/losses...

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was hoping to keep our defense trending int he right direction but this isn't helping me feel great about that

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Further proof that the #FireTeis movement is not just about football wins/losses...

i'll take the opposite view and say that spav has already negotiated more than fran was able to in less than a week. to me, that looks good on the recruiting front.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
x wrote:

I would say this is proof that the #FireTeis movement is affecting them. They are now doing what they wouldn't before.

Or, they are learning and letting inconsequential things slide that will help the department be successful... Which, is still what the #FireTeis movement is about.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

It does show that Spav is a good negotiator and that can be good for recruiting. It is also good that Spav is getting what he believes he needs to succeed.

I think my hang up is more on the letting him coach the WVU bowl game. Without further research, that doesn't seem normal and makes Teis look like a pushover/poor negotiator.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
I think my hang up is more on the letting him coach the WVU bowl game. Without further research, that doesn't seem normal

it's not uncommon, but it does suck for us.

along those lines: man, the alamo bowl fucked up something fierce in picking iowa state over west virginia. washington state vs iowa state is a horrible matchup of styles. wsu vs wvu would have been a barnburner 56-52 type affair. not to mention it would have been kick ass to have the announcers talking about spav headed up the road to coach txst...

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah I was looking forward to Holgo v Leach at the Alamodome.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
along those lines: man, the alamo bowl fucked up something fierce in picking iowa state over west virginia.

not to mention it would have been kick ass to have the announcers talking about spav headed up the road to coach txst...

Yea, that would have been sweet. I was looking at tickets before they announced who was going to be playing in it.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
along those lines: man, the alamo bowl fucked up something fierce in picking iowa state over west virginia. washington state vs iowa state is a horrible matchup of styles. wsu vs wvu would have been a barnburner 56-52 type affair. not to mention it would have been kick ass to have the announcers talking about spav headed up the road to coach txst...

I agree. Huge missed opportunity in my opinion.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10