Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 New Head Coach: Jake Spavital 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Re: New Head Coach: Jake Spavital
Pieeaters wrote:
SpavFan wrote:
Spav says he is going to be the OC for West Virginia's Bowl Game. West Virginia is currently projected to play in the Alamo Bowl.

This would be unacceptable IMO. We need him recruiting full time not game planning for his former employer.

The thought is he will be doing no practices with them only the game. He and Will Gier are really good buds and they think he wants to Coach him one last time.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Pieeaters wrote:
SpavFan wrote:
Spav says he is going to be the OC for West Virginia's Bowl Game. West Virginia is currently projected to play in the Alamo Bowl.

This would be unacceptable IMO. We need him recruiting full time not game planning for his former employer.

I assure you we don't want him coaching the bowl game either. Jake isn't bad but most of our fans prefer Dana's play calling.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:59 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

WVUFan wrote:
Pieeaters wrote:
SpavFan wrote:

I assure you we don't want him coaching the bowl game either. Jake isn't bad but most of our fans prefer Dana's play calling.

Please shed some light on why and what can we expect from Spav’s style of play calling.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

every team that is good but not great blames the coordinator.
wvu scored 5 td in 11 of 12 games this year.
in 2 of their 3 losses, they scored 41 and 46pts.
1 loss can be blamed on the offense having a bad game.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 am
Junior Bobcat

Saul Goodman wrote:

I will take that offense any day of the week. I'd rather lose 49-42 than 49-12.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Saul Goodman wrote:

If you go to our message boards you will see nary a WVU fan is upset over his departure. I think 50% were happy he left and the other 50% were just completely indifferent. The indifference comes from the fact that Spavital was completely redundant for us and the people that are happy, like myself, believe Dana calls a better game.

Jake is a guy who would be happy passing the ball 65 times a game where Dana likes to establish the running game a little more and prefers a balanced game plan. To add to that what running plays Spavital did call were extremely vanilla, mostly consisting of inside runs, almost like he would throw in running plays just to point to the box score after the game to say he did in fact run the ball. Also for whatever reason our offense had tendency to sputter out in the second half of games since Spavital arrived, which in turn caused our defense to completely gas in the 2nd half. See our Okie St and Texas Tech games for perfect examples of this.

While Dana was calling plays we won 10 games with a 6'0 QB who couldn't see over the line, with Spavital we won 8 games with a Heisman candidate QB.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

if you want to win 2 more games, get a defense that can hold opponents under 40. hard to be upset at the oc when his squad scores 41 and 46.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:08 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Saul Goodman wrote:
if you want to win 2 more games, get a defense that can hold opponents under 40. hard to be upset at the oc when his squad scores 41 and 46.

Did you not see what I said about the second half of games. We would score a boat load in the first half and then the offense would completely disappear in the second half. We would become very conservative and predictable thus leading to a bunch of 3 and outs and the defense being stuck on the field and gassing.

Is it not somewhat concerning to you that at Jake's last 3 stops not one fanbase was sad to see him go? And please don't lecture me about MY team when I watched every second of every game. I think i'm a little more aware of our issues than you are.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Whoa now WVUFan...Please don't get testy. You were the one that felt compelled to jump onto this message board only to pee (rather diplomatically), but pee none the less, in our Cheerios. We've been through years of failure and apathy and are eager for some kind of light at the top of the FBS mine shaft were we seem to live.

WVU has a great program and has had a great deal of success in the Big 12. Kudos to you guys.
Enjoy being a Mountaineer fan but please don't try to cast a shadow across on our coaching hire and then get miffed when someone questions "YOUR" team.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

txstatefan715 wrote:
Spavital by himself is a great hire.

Spavital + Stitt is an unbelievable combo.

Spavital + Stitt + getting great TX athletes in prime location is out of this world scenario. Just enjoy the hire because they likely won’t be here long. I expect 9 wins by year 2. Just hope by the time they get it rolling there won’t be a ton of openings and they stay here for as long as Satterfield has at App St

I expect we have back to back winning/Bowl seasons and lose him after year 2 also to a P5 program.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SATXST wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Out of curiosity, what hiring grade did you give withers?

you do understand that i didn't write that, yes? that it's copy/pasted from the link provided?

Was asking your personal opinion. Didn’t think I needed to clarify that due to your prior post I quoted.

Remember what I always say about reading comprehension with this guy?...... 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

WVUFan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Did you not see what I said about the second half of games. We would score a boat load in the first half and then the offense would completely disappear in the second half. We would become very conservative and predictable thus leading to a bunch of 3 and outs and the defense being stuck on the field and gassing.

Is it not somewhat concerning to you that at Jake's last 3 stops not one fanbase was sad to see him go? And please don't lecture me about MY team when I watched every second of every game. I think i'm a little more aware of our issues than you are.

And people kept thinking I was being sarcastic with the reading comprehension comments with this Saul......glad to see others are discovering that truth too. :roll: 8) 8)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hopefully we don't have to worry about Spav calling plays. Run the program. Let Stitt or whoever ends up being the OC worry about calling the plays and stay mostly out of it on game days.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:43 am
Bobcat Wannabe

https://twitter.com/WVUfootball/status/ ... 4632052737

Spav heading to Orlando.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 pm
Junior Bobcat

Looks like Stitt is confirmed. Feldman reconfirmed it on twitter and Brant Freeman tweeted #Stitthappens

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next