Everett Withers true colors... 
SuperCat

Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
I'm ready for EW to shut the fvck up and go away. His twitter posts are very unbecoming. Get out of San Marcos, and take your 7-28 coaching skills with you.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Thanks for the info saul and taxi, didn't remember them being complete assholes even when they just started.

my take was it was a very young coaching staff that didn't really know what to do other than yell at the players to try and show dominance, this is a new regime, i'm in charge, etc. reminded me of fraternity ji types - the guys who haze the hardest/loudest/dumbest are the just initiated. they don't have the experience to do anything but flash macho.

mind you, it wasn't anything brutal by any stretch. no one was getting a new asshole ripped unnecessarily in front of the whole team or anything of that nature. just young coaches not knowing how to utilize their vocabulary in the most effective manner.

*to specify, i didn't see hcew doing the cussing, but the asst coaches.

LSU Bobcat wrote:
And what the fuck is with him on twitter?

the 1st popcorn tweet was perfect, and he should have left it there and moved on. not a good look for him, especially moving forward in coaching.

Last edited by Saul Goodman on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
And what the fuck is with him on twitter? I've never seen a coach go after the school, fans, and administration after getting fired. This can't be a good look when it comes to getting another job. He clearly thinks his failure is everyone else's fault and not his.

He DID throw everyone under the bus almost every game, so this is more in line with his true personality, me thinks.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 pm
Junior Bobcat

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
And what the fuck is with him on twitter? I've never seen a coach go after the school, fans, and administration after getting fired. This can't be a good look when it comes to getting another job. He clearly thinks his failure is everyone else's fault and not his.

He DID throw everyone under the bus almost every game, so this is more in line with his true personality, me thinks.

Narcissism: “Requires a medical diagnosis, symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement. Consult a doctor.”

Solipsism: “a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing also : extreme egocentrism”.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:47 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

jj1180 wrote:
I'm ready for EW to shut the fvck up and go away. His twitter posts are very unbecoming. Get out of San Marcos, and take your 7-28 coaching skills with you.

He's loving it that he is walking away with $800K of TxSt's money and he is now fiddling while he tries to make Rome burn.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
he's also on twitter this morning popping off about lack of attendance, as if none of that is on him.

@everett_withers
Come hang out at the tailgate! Should be easy to find!
<popcorn.gif>

I remember when DeBesse was fired, he cried. When Wright was fired he was really bummed about it. Davalos was likewise disappointed. I spoke to all three of them shortly after they had been released, and all were very apologetic in terms of not being able to turn things around.

The difference is that they all genuinely cared about what they were trying to build and Texas State in general. When you pay a guy $750K per year who only cared about being the next Nick Saban, well...his actions the last few days showcase how much he cared about Texas State.

As someone clearly mentioned on twitter.....Fran had 7 wins in 2014 alone. Withers had 7 wins in THREE YEARS. And people keep saying he was a better coach. Fran inherited an FCS squad, Withers inherited a team with FBS talent all across the two deep. Baffles me how much credit people are giving the guy.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

As someone clearly mentioned on twitter.....Fran had 7 wins in 2014 alone. Withers had 7 wins in THREE YEARS. And people keep saying he was a better coach. Fran inherited an FCS squad, Withers inherited a team with FBS talent all across the two deep. Baffles me how much credit people are giving the guy.

You’re a fucking retard. You’re either misremembering details or intentionally saying bullshit.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:

You’re a fucking retard. You’re either misremembering details or intentionally saying bullshit.

Why people keep reading and responding to this guys posts I'll never understand. If you don't want to have Trolls stop feeding them.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:

Point to a single thing that was "misremembered" or intentionally misleading in that post.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:33 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

The attrition

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GeezCat wrote:
The attrition

They didn't leave under Fran, they left under Withers. Fran had similar attrition from the Wright era, and was a 6 game winner by year three and 7 game winner by year four.

As was so eloquently stated on twitter yesterday, the 2015 team had over a dozen season-ending injuries, otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cpwhite wrote:

Why people keep reading and responding to this guys posts I'll never understand. If you don't want to have Trolls stop feeding them.

The fact you are wrong on personnel assessments does not indicate trollness on my part.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
GeezCat wrote:
The attrition

They didn't leave under Fran, they left under Withers. Fran had similar attrition from the Wright era, and was a 6 game winner by year three and 7 game winner by year four.

As was so eloquently stated on twitter yesterday, the 2015 team had over a dozen season-ending injuries, otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

1.) Not as many people left

2.) yes they left under Withers, because he wouldnt let them do drugs or miss class,

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GeezCat wrote:

1.) Not as many people left

2.) yes they left under Withers, because he wouldnt let them do drugs or miss class,

Allegedly. 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

In case you've forgotten, people on here are advocating for the Briles factory boys to come in.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

No not allegedly, actually, and the whole “people” thing is a terrible response..

Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:54 pm