Everett Withers true colors... 
Junior Bobcat

Post Everett Withers true colors...
Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

He also told someone on the team (in front of the entire team, trainers, and staff) "I don't care if you get hit by a car and die. Hell I don't even care if your mom, dad, and sister get hit by a car and die, I'm not even going to your sorry ass funeral."

Now when he leaves he's trying to throw everyone else under the bus on his way out, I DONT THINK SO!

It's time to look in the mirror Everett Withers! You didn't win enough games. How about walking out with your head held high rather than pointing fingers elsewhere.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Bobcatfan300 wrote:
Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

He also told someone on the team (in front of the entire team, trainers, and staff) "I don't care if you get hit by a car and die. Hell I don't even care if your mom, dad, and sister get hit by a car and die, I'm not even going to your sorry ass funeral."

Now when he leaves he's trying to throw everyone else under the bus on his way out, I DONT THINK SO!

It's time to look in the mirror Everett Withers! You didn't win enough games. How about walking out with your head held high rather than pointing fingers elsewhere.

I'd give Withers the benefit of the doubt on this one. Although I did see some interactions early on where he berated players, that was with Fran's guys and never to this extent. I'd find it hard to believe he would be THAT abrasive with his own recruits.

Did this allegedly happen after he was dismissed?

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:07 pm
Junior Bobcat

No it happened in front of the team. There are over 100 witnesses. Believe it if you want.

My point is just that instead of trying to throw everyone else under the bus, why not walk out with you head held high with what you have done.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcatfan300 wrote:
No it happened in front of the team. There are over 100 witnesses. Believe it if you want.

My point is just that instead of trying to throw everyone else under the bus, why not walk out with you head held high with what you have done.

I'd agree with that.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcatfan300 wrote:

After seeing his twitter and the events that transpired today, I'm more inclined to believe it went down as you said. :| :|

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm just confused, weren't you defending him saying your son and the players loved him. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. Don't really care enough to go look back through the threads right now.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Junior Bobcat

The kids did love him.

Doesn't change the fact he said or did those things.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Weird ass post but alright.

1) not our coach anymore

2) after seeing shit on last chance u + candid videos of coaches in practice, this really doesn’t surprise me.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:00 am
Junior Bobcat

[quote="Bobcatfan300"]Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

I can confirm that this was said. Amongst other personally degrading statements.

Unfortunately, when “shit hit the fan” apparently the coaching staff didn’t know how to deal with it. Or at least not in the way that would be expected.

This staff began to point fingers and blame SOME players for the results as opposed to being leaders and “rallying the troops” around a common direction and common goal. IMO many of our players needed leaders that they could support and follow and much of this staff failed to be that. What a pity.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

Here come the Teis burner accounts to deflect the heat off of him.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:53 am
Junior Bobcat

I have no doubt that Withers can’t be one self-serving ahole. I mean - if he can cop an attitude and speak to a group of reporters with the arrogance and bravado as he’s displayed recently during pressers - what makes you think he wouldn’t speak to players much the same way?

However; if you had to work for Teis - wouldn’t you cop an attitude? Hell - I’d want to slit my wrists (well, maybe not go that far but you get my point)...

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Pieeaters wrote:

I can confirm that this was said. Amongst other personally degrading statements.

Unfortunately, when “shit hit the fan” apparently the coaching staff didn’t know how to deal with it. Or at least not in the way that would be expected.

This staff began to point fingers and blame SOME players for the results as opposed to being leaders and “rallying the troops” around a common direction and common goal. IMO many of our players needed leaders that they could support and follow and much of this staff failed to be that. What a pity.

In case anyone wonders how I knew he'd be gone in three years, the very first practice I attended under his regime, I witnessed similar type of behavior. Right away my thought was "wow, THIS is the head coach?" Some assistants did it also, but to a much smaller extent (Elliott and McCrae never did that I witnessed, which is why I've always held them both to a high regard).

In any organization, berating subordinates to that extent is never good, which explains the high degree of coaching turnover. People may not like Fran, but the entire time I covered them, I never once witnessed the players being berated like that.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i'll actually back taxi up on this one, as i was at one of those 1st practices as well, and was taken aback at the assistant coaches swearing at the players. i posted as much on here and got a bunch of pushback from people thinking that's ok, but there's a huge difference between cussing for effect or in general or about a player's actions/effort and cussing AT a player. "you can't block for shit!" is very different from "you're a piece of shit!"

he's also on twitter this morning popping off about lack of attendance, as if none of that is on him.

@everett_withers
Come hang out at the tailgate! Should be easy to find!
<popcorn.gif>

Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
he's also on twitter this morning popping off about lack of attendance, as if none of that is on him.

@everett_withers
Come hang out at the tailgate! Should be easy to find!
<popcorn.gif>

He probably realizes he is now unemployable, so why not go full asshole.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Thanks for the info saul and taxi, didn't remember them being complete assholes even when they just started. That's pretty frustrating but makes it even better he's gone.

And what the fuck is with him on twitter? I've never seen a coach go after the school, fans, and administration after getting fired. This can't be a good look when it comes to getting another job. He clearly thinks his failure is everyone else's fault and not his.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm