Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Everett Withers true colors... 
Author Message
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Post Everett Withers true colors...
Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

He also told someone on the team (in front of the entire team, trainers, and staff) "I don't care if you get hit by a car and die. Hell I don't even care if your mom, dad, and sister get hit by a car and die, I'm not even going to your sorry ass funeral."

Now when he leaves he's trying to throw everyone else under the bus on his way out, I DONT THINK SO!

It's time to look in the mirror Everett Withers! You didn't win enough games. How about walking out with your head held high rather than pointing fingers elsewhere.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:54 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Bobcatfan300 wrote:
Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

He also told someone on the team (in front of the entire team, trainers, and staff) "I don't care if you get hit by a car and die. Hell I don't even care if your mom, dad, and sister get hit by a car and die, I'm not even going to your sorry ass funeral."

Now when he leaves he's trying to throw everyone else under the bus on his way out, I DONT THINK SO!

It's time to look in the mirror Everett Withers! You didn't win enough games. How about walking out with your head held high rather than pointing fingers elsewhere.





I'd give Withers the benefit of the doubt on this one. Although I did see some interactions early on where he berated players, that was with Fran's guys and never to this extent. I'd find it hard to believe he would be THAT abrasive with his own recruits.

Did this allegedly happen after he was dismissed?


Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:07 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
No it happened in front of the team. There are over 100 witnesses. Believe it if you want.

My point is just that instead of trying to throw everyone else under the bus, why not walk out with you head held high with what you have done.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Bobcatfan300 wrote:
No it happened in front of the team. There are over 100 witnesses. Believe it if you want.

My point is just that instead of trying to throw everyone else under the bus, why not walk out with you head held high with what you have done.




I'd agree with that.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Bobcatfan300 wrote:
No it happened in front of the team. There are over 100 witnesses. Believe it if you want.

My point is just that instead of trying to throw everyone else under the bus, why not walk out with you head held high with what you have done.




After seeing his twitter and the events that transpired today, I'm more inclined to believe it went down as you said. :| :|


Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:23 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 pm
Posts: 463
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
I'm just confused, weren't you defending him saying your son and the players loved him. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. Don't really care enough to go look back through the threads right now.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 34
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
The kids did love him.

Doesn't change the fact he said or did those things.


Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:47 pm
Profile
Online
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 392
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Weird ass post but alright.

1) not our coach anymore

2) after seeing shit on last chance u + candid videos of coaches in practice, this really doesn’t surprise me.

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:00 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 pm
Posts: 36
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
[quote="Bobcatfan300"]Everett Withers asked a player on the team "I wonder if I spit in you face if you would do anything. I don't think you will because you are just a pu***!"

I can confirm that this was said. Amongst other personally degrading statements.

Unfortunately, when “shit hit the fan” apparently the coaching staff didn’t know how to deal with it. Or at least not in the way that would be expected.

This staff began to point fingers and blame SOME players for the results as opposed to being leaders and “rallying the troops” around a common direction and common goal. IMO many of our players needed leaders that they could support and follow and much of this staff failed to be that. What a pity.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:19 am
Profile
Online
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 386
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Here come the Teis burner accounts to deflect the heat off of him.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:53 am
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:56 pm
Posts: 83
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
I have no doubt that Withers can’t be one self-serving ahole. I mean - if he can cop an attitude and speak to a group of reporters with the arrogance and bravado as he’s displayed recently during pressers - what makes you think he wouldn’t speak to players much the same way?

However; if you had to work for Teis - wouldn’t you cop an attitude? Hell - I’d want to slit my wrists (well, maybe not go that far but you get my point)...


Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:07 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Pieeaters wrote:

I can confirm that this was said. Amongst other personally degrading statements.

Unfortunately, when “shit hit the fan” apparently the coaching staff didn’t know how to deal with it. Or at least not in the way that would be expected.

This staff began to point fingers and blame SOME players for the results as opposed to being leaders and “rallying the troops” around a common direction and common goal. IMO many of our players needed leaders that they could support and follow and much of this staff failed to be that. What a pity.




In case anyone wonders how I knew he'd be gone in three years, the very first practice I attended under his regime, I witnessed similar type of behavior. Right away my thought was "wow, THIS is the head coach?" Some assistants did it also, but to a much smaller extent (Elliott and McCrae never did that I witnessed, which is why I've always held them both to a high regard).

In any organization, berating subordinates to that extent is never good, which explains the high degree of coaching turnover. People may not like Fran, but the entire time I covered them, I never once witnessed the players being berated like that.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
i'll actually back taxi up on this one, as i was at one of those 1st practices as well, and was taken aback at the assistant coaches swearing at the players. i posted as much on here and got a bunch of pushback from people thinking that's ok, but there's a huge difference between cussing for effect or in general or about a player's actions/effort and cussing AT a player. "you can't block for shit!" is very different from "you're a piece of shit!"

he's also on twitter this morning popping off about lack of attendance, as if none of that is on him.

@everett_withers
Come hang out at the tailgate! Should be easy to find!
<popcorn.gif>

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm
Posts: 185
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Saul Goodman wrote:
he's also on twitter this morning popping off about lack of attendance, as if none of that is on him.

@everett_withers
Come hang out at the tailgate! Should be easy to find!
<popcorn.gif>


He probably realizes he is now unemployable, so why not go full asshole.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 592
Reply with quote
Post Re: Everett Withers true colors...
Thanks for the info saul and taxi, didn't remember them being complete assholes even when they just started. That's pretty frustrating but makes it even better he's gone.

And what the fuck is with him on twitter? I've never seen a coach go after the school, fans, and administration after getting fired. This can't be a good look when it comes to getting another job. He clearly thinks his failure is everyone else's fault and not his.


Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Larry Teis and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group