Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
Historically, we don't sell tickets to games until the full schedule is released (which is absolutely stupid, but that's just one other reason that Teis needs to go).

It MIGHT have changed, but I would bet my bottom dollar it hasn't.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Where can we purchase tickets for this game right now that isn't on the open market via stubhub, etc?

you can't. once single game tickets are available, you'll be able to buy from either school.
Bobbumman wrote:
Did TAMU even give us a ticket allotment?

sigh. how do you even make it through each day?
Bobbumman wrote:
Getting Arkansas tickets were fairly easy and reasonable and I'm sure Florida State wasn't any different. But again this isn't either of those schools.

not sure why you think this is going to be a hot ticket. you'll be able to walk up to the kyle field ticket office on game day and buy tickets, or get a scalped one for less than face value.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Historically, we don't sell tickets to games until the full schedule is released (which is absolutely stupid, but that's just one other reason that Teis needs to go).

that doesn't have anything to do w/ when you can buy single game tickets, nor can i figure out why that would go on the list of atrocities associated w/ teis.

bobcat club members have 1st dibs on single game tickets, and then the general public can buy them. iirc, sometime mid-summer for non-bc members. just checked my email and my receipt for fsu tix was may 22 (was still bc member back then).

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

You don't see how that doesn't fall on Teis?

Does the ticket office not fall under his purview? Is it not detrimental to not sell tickets (or just presell) until the schedule is set and the times are locked in?

bobhumman is a great example: He's going to buy a ticket and make plans to be there regardless.

Would it not behoove the university to (for example) sell season tickets for the next season during the home finale? Particularly if we are doing well.

It's a lost opportunity for the athletic department, the same as with so many other things that have been mentioned ad nauseum regarding how the AD is run.

It absolutely falls on Teis in my view.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

find me a school where you can buy tickets for next season's opener today, and you'll have the beginnings of an argument.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm
Junior Bobcat

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:
Where can we purchase tickets for this game right now that isn't on the open market via stubhub, etc?

you can't. once single game tickets are available, you'll be able to buy from either school.
Bobbumman wrote:

Bobbumman wrote:
Getting Arkansas tickets were fairly easy and reasonable and I'm sure Florida State wasn't any different. But again this isn't either of those schools.

not sure why you think this is going to be a hot ticket. you'll be able to walk up to the kyle field ticket office on game day and buy tickets, or get a scalped one for less than face value.

Second that motion.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SWTrefugee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:

Bobbumman wrote:

Bobbumman wrote:

Second that motion.

Don't really have anything to add, just wanted to continue the quote party...

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
find me a school where you can buy tickets for next season's opener today, and you'll have the beginnings of an argument.

UTSA.

They were selling the following season's tickets during the current season not this year, but the time before that we played there.

I think even someone on this board mentioned it.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

nope.
Quote:
Sorry... there are currently no upcoming events.

and buying season tickets isn't the question here, it's buying a single game ticket for next year's opener right now. which you think is some kind of affront to sports humanity, even though zero schools allow you to do that. (although you can't buy 2019 season tickets for utsa right now either)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
nope.
Quote:
Sorry... there are currently no upcoming events.

and buying season tickets isn't the question here, it's buying a single game ticket for next year's opener right now. which you think is some kind of affront to sports humanity, even though zero schools allow you to do that. (although you can't buy 2019 season tickets for utsa right now either)

As I said, It was going on last time we played there (not this season).

How you come up with my belief that it is some "kind of affront to sports humanity" is beyond me. It is a simple missed opportunity that UTSA either did and no longer do, or didn't do this year.

Here is another example, though not specifically the same: UT is offering 2019 season ticket deposits now (which is precisely what I have been :

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/2 ... 34135.aspx

But the point is the same: What benefit is there for not selling tickets now for future games? AT WORST, there will be a refund process if something unforeseen happens that causes the game to be cancelled. AT BEST, you are catering to the fans and trying to remove ANY FEASIBLE hurdle you can to allow for ticket sales.

It is simply a missed opportunity, which is quite indicative of Teis' time here. Missed opportunities.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ffs, you’re going to keep moving that goalpost, aren’t you?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
ffs, you’re going to keep moving that goalpost, aren’t you?

At what point did I move the goalpost? The second post I made on the topic asking you how it was not a problem with Teis states almost verbatim what I have said in my most recent post:

TheRevSWT wrote:
You don't see how that doesn't fall on Teis?

Does the ticket office not fall under his purview? Is it not detrimental to not sell tickets (or just presell) until the schedule is set and the times are locked in?

bobhumman is a great example: He's going to buy a ticket and make plans to be there regardless.

Would it not behoove the university to (for example) sell season tickets for the next season during the home finale? Particularly if we are doing well.

It's a lost opportunity for the athletic department, the same as with so many other things that have been mentioned ad nauseum regarding how the AD is run.

It absolutely falls on Teis in my view.

then I just recently posted this:

TheRevSWT wrote:
But the point is the same: What benefit is there for not selling tickets now for future games? AT WORST, there will be a refund process if something unforeseen happens that causes the game to be cancelled. AT BEST, you are catering to the fans and trying to remove ANY FEASIBLE hurdle you can to allow for ticket sales.

It is simply a missed opportunity, which is quite indicative of Teis' time here. Missed opportunities.

You want to argue something I never said. You acted like I slapped your mother claiming it is a missed opportunity to presell tickets, when that is precisely what it is.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

TheRevSWT wrote:

You want to argue something I never said. You acted like I slapped your mother claiming it is a missed opportunity to presell tickets, when that is precisely what it is.

So you want to sell tickets to a game that is 200+ Days away with no time set? Im trying to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SpavFan wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

So you want to sell tickets to a game that is 200+ Days away with no time set? Im trying to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Absolutely. Do a pre-sale. It's a big game, and can help with requesting tickets.

I want to do pre-sale on season tickets.

Both of those situations are going to be for folks that are going regardless. It's not an FCS game that folks will say "yeah, if it fits into my schedule, I'll make it". It's an easy way to keep interest up. Folks that buy season tickets aren't going to need to wait until they see specific times to determine if they are going to buy tickets or not, and even then, it can be handled as a simple pre-sale.

Hell, season tickets as stocking stuffers, the best gift!

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
At what point did I move the goalpost?

when you launched sideways on how it's teis's fault that bobbu can't buy a single game ticket to the a&m game next year. and then kept on about it, over and over, regardless of how many times you were reminded the original question was about a single game ticket to the a&m game next year.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next