Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home... 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
i'm well aware. the point i was making is that it has no relevance to the conversation, or game, whatsoever. when we played florida state, i don't recall anyone mentioning that they are an acc team just out of the blue like that, or that ohio was a mac team for no reason at all, or that being a member of the b1g was any reason at all to worry extra about rutgers. there is no transitive power to being in a conference.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
Saul Goodman wrote:
i find it humorous that folks refer to a&m as "an sec team" as if they are any different from when they were "a big 12 team" or "a swc team". switching conferences didn't give them magical powers.


Would you prefer I used the term "P5" team?

I was making note of their budget, which I THINK SEC leads the way in spending.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
i guess so? or how about...texas a&m. not sure why a conference's budget has anything to do with the team we're playing, but whatever... i did have a laugh at your completely backwards hyperbole comment, so that was entertaining.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:56 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Waco, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
x wrote:

Records vs. those teams. Only counting since we've become FBS (so games like 2005 vs. GS not included):
UTSA - 0-3
USA - 2-2
GS - 0-3
App - 0-3
Louisiana - 0-6
ULM - 2-4
A-State - 1-4
Troy - 0-3

That's probably even worse than you thought. 5-28 vs. those teams you mentioned since 2013.

Yeeeshhh, this sucks. This seems like information that should be on the fireteis.com site for added ammunition. Add it to the pile...


Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
Saul Goodman wrote:
i guess so? or how about...texas a&m. not sure why a conference's budget has anything to do with the team we're playing, but whatever... i did have a laugh at your completely backwards hyperbole comment, so that was entertaining.


If one team has a significantly larger budget than another team, you don't see how that would be a competitive advantage?

And what was backwards about the hyperbole comment? They spend a huge amount on coaches, and our budget (relative to them) is small. How is that backwards?

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:15 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 7789
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
TheRevSWT wrote:

And what was backwards about the hyperbole comment? They spend a huge amount on coaches, and our budget (relative to them) is small. How is that backwards?




Don't fall for it Rev, don't fall for it. It's an endless rabbit hole with him. Don't follow that rabbit hole!


Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
TheRevSWT wrote:
If one team has a significantly larger budget than another team, you don't see how that would be a competitive advantage?

team is the key word - conference has nothing to do w/ it.

TheRevSWT wrote:
And what was backwards about the hyperbole comment? They spend a huge amount on coaches, and our budget (relative to them) is small. How is that backwards?

because it wasn't really a hyperbolic statement at all, as they are committed to a ridiculous amount of money with that staff. backwards because jimbo's contract alone dwarfs our budget, although that probably isn't a great word for it - mea culpa. yes, i'm aware of the years, but it's also guaranteed - there is no out for a&m, because they don't have the kind of lawyers we do. there's also the coaching money that they had to pay out for sumlin to not coach for them...because of those bad lawyers, right taxi?

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:42 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 15176
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
Ok, now stick with me on this... Would you say schools with similar budgets tend to be in the same conference?

I mean, you don't see a school with... say a $50M budget in the SEC, right? Likewise, you don't see a school with a 500M budget in the Sun Belt?

The SEC, on average, has the highest budget in college football. So, when I said an SEC team, I was being straight. ANY SEC team we lose to, I am not gonna get up in arms over. It's not just A&M I am referencing.

Now, full disclosure, I should have used P5 school, because I don't think we get anywhere near the budget for ANY P5 school, but the point is no less valid as I said it.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:52 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
ehhhh, not so much. the conference means squat. vandy doesn't spend what bama does. kansas doesn't spend what texas does. washington state doesn't spend what oregon does. the p5 doesn't even really matter. what matters for your argument is tamu spends a lot and we don't. that's all. the sunbelt isn't playing the sec, txst is playing tamu.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 pm
Posts: 906
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
This is definitely this most ridiculous nit-picking of the week.

'grats to all involved.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
more ridiculous than digging the ol coach for something he did 3 years ago?

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 pm
Posts: 906
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
It was a close call.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 6317
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
alright then, take em where you can get em!

Image

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 664
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
Where can we purchase tickets for this game right now that isn't on the open market via stubhub, etc? $150 or so gets 3rd deck at Kyle field on a 3rd party site. Can they be purchased through the bobcat club or alumni association? Did TAMU even give us a ticket allotment? Getting Arkansas tickets were fairly easy and reasonable and I'm sure Florida State wasn't any different. But again this isn't either of those schools.

_________________
"punishing all for the actions of one is simply a way for universities to appear as if they are doing something about something they will never have control of - students drinking"
-Goodman


Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 6732
Reply with quote
Post Re: 290 days from today we face Texas A & M at home...
A&M will send an allotment for TXST to sell. Who knows how many, when they go on sale, or how much though.

Buying through TXST helps the school look better (selling higher allotment of away tickets looks good to opposing teams and bowls) but not always the cheapest route.


Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group