Good thing or Bad thing 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Good thing or Bad thing
Was the win last week a good thing or a bad thing? Winning is obviously a good thing. However, for those that want change and want Withers, Teis, or both gone, this win could have made the course of action for the University a bit tougher in terms of what to do with Withers. Now that we have 3 wins, does that fact make it a good thing for Withers' hot seat? Teis would undoubtedly spin the wins in a way that would have Withers be secure as HC for at least the next year. Teis could see that as the Bobcats having 3 wins and several close calls that we should've potentially won and that is improvement as our record could have been so much better.

I, like many of you, would like to see change. I just don't believe that Withers is the answer. A lot of the coaching decisions and staffing decisions he has made during his tenure have been questionable to say the least. His record speaks for itself. And yes, even though he had several close calls this year, our record is still abysmal and has been during the entirety of his reign as HC. My concern is that Teis and/or the university will see the wins towards the end of the year and feel that everything in the future is going to be golden and NOT do anything needed to alleviate the problem. What are your thoughts? And any insiders, please give your two cents on any rumblings y'all may have heard.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Good thing or Bad thing
I still thing if LT is "dismissed" and a new AD comes in, it will be up to that person to evaluate the coaches.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Here's where I'm at:

I have seen enough over Teis' tenure in San Marcos to be able to say... The coach is immaterial. We're gonna get similar results because that is the culture that Teis has created for football, basketball, and baseball.

Also, I don't think Withers is the answer. But I don't want to waste money by firing a HC, only to have Teis hire someone else, and get the same results. Or just as bad, drop Withers, bring in another of his guys, and then remove Teis, for the new AD to recognize that Teis' new coach is crap too, so we have to waste that money all over again.

I have no faith in Teis to pick a new HC, just as I don't have faith that when we get bowl eligible again, he will fight for us to get the best bowl possible. He will do what he has historically done: Let bowls contact him and accept the one that is easiest for him and his department.

That track record has been proven time again. When we had a playoff game in Montana, I remember e-mailing to ask him if there was anything coordinated through the AD to get as many fans there as possible. His response was along the lines of no, we don't do that. His stance seems to have always been "We put a product out there, it's up to you to decide if you want it or not," instead of "Hey look at this killer product we have! YOU FUCKING WANT THIS! Let me entice you to come check it out and get hooked!"

The man is not an AD.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Would love to see that email, Rev. Still have it?

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Would love to see that email, Rev. Still have it?

I'll take a look, but that was what? 10 years ago?

Haven't changed e-mail addresses though, so it might still be there.

Oh to be clear, I will be looking this evening.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Montana playoff game (our last FCS playoff game) was indeed 10 years ago in 2008.

We got smoked pretty good from what I remember. Best season of Brad Wright's tenure as we went 8-5 and were conference champions (thanks to Central Arkansas being ineligible, we really finished 2nd).

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
Montana playoff game (our last FCS playoff game) was indeed 10 years ago in 2008.

We got smoked pretty good from what I remember. Best season of Brad Wright's tenure as we went 8-5 and were conference champions (thanks to Central Arkansas being ineligible, we really finished 2nd).

I want to say we were sort of in it for the first quarter or half and then it got ugly

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
I want to say we were sort of in it for the first quarter or half and then it got ugly

up 10-0 after 1 and 10-7 at half. 31-13 final
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp? ... 081129.xml

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
When we had a playoff game in Montana, I remember e-mailing to ask him if there was anything coordinated through the AD to get as many fans there as possible. His response was along the lines of no, we don't do that. His stance seems to have always been "We put a product out there, it's up to you to decide if you want it or not," instead of "Hey look at this killer product we have! YOU FUCKING WANT THIS! Let me entice you to come check it out and get hooked!"

The man is not an AD.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:54 pm