A Productive October for Texas State Athletics 
True Bobcat Fan

Post A Productive October for Texas State Athletics
Yea, thanks Larry.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 am
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: A Productive October for Texas State Athletics
Some part of Larry’s anatomy is “puckering” right now.

Care to guess which part?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

This is beginning to reek of desperation.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:32 am
SuperCat

Anyone not familiar with the AD drama would read that letter as a very nicely informative piece full of good news.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

To be fair, it was a very productive October if you care about women's volleyball and women's soccer.

Unfortunately, not many people do. It's all about football in the fall and when football is 2-6 you'll have a hard time convincing anyone things are going well.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

And i'm pretty damn excited about volleyball and soccer doing so well. But a 17 paragraph e-mail about it? But he looks so professional with his real tie!

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This is going to sound weird coming from him... But I am a big fan that he's doing this.

Soccer and Volleyball SHOULD be celebrated because as X noted, not many people pay that close attention to it.

My problem is because I know the history of Larry, I know he is only doing this as a middle finger to people who don't think he's doing a good job. The only reason he thinks this stuff should be done is to shut people up, not to promote the wonderful things.

Or to look at it from the perspective I have: If he were doing his job in total, as in making the marketing department do their job and blast this everywhere, this letter from the AD would be unnecessary.

He should be at every major event, shaking the hands of everyone that shows up to make his job easier. If I thought for a moment he appreciated the diehard fans and wanted to hear their ideas (even if he doesn't implement them), he'd have a much more positive reputation.

Instead, he says how he doesn't want the focus to be on him, which makes him seem apathetic. It's compounded by he doesn't see the issue of the groups under his purview (not just the coaches, but operations, marketing, SID, etc) not doing a whole helluva lot to make sure the university is properly promoted. And because he doesn't see this, he doesn't do anything about it, which furthers his appearance of apathy.

Man... Just fuck you Larry teis.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
This is going to sound weird coming from him... But I am a big fan that he's doing this.

never too late to start a good thing, eh?

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'd much rather him just put the proper pressure on his department heads to do the promotions and then him show up at the events or in public speaking to reinforce that message.... But yeah.

Also, I fear once the "Fire Teis" news stuff quiets down, this will stop again. Because his goal again isn't to promote the program, it's to give the proverbial middle finger to his detractors. Once the news about people wanting him gone gets old and not noteworthy, he won't keep it up.

And that's a shame.

Oh, full disclosure: I may be thoroughly misreading his intentions. But the fact that is how he is seen by many (note everyone here being irritated by this e-mail says that is his perception) shows how poorly he's portraying himself in the public.

He can spew his bullshit about how it's not about him, it's about the sports... But right now, it IS about him and he needs to rise to that occasion, or get out of the job for someone who can/will rise to the occasion.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

To me, this is just another version of their external reports they used to do once a semester.

https://txstatebobcats.com/news/2016/8/26/general-external-report-fall-2016.aspx

When heat gets turned up, they spit these things out. Once the nay-sayers quiet down, they seem to stop, lose interest or get lazy. Take your pick.

I'll be very surprised if these updates actually continue on a consistent monthly basis.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 pm