Do You Really Want Change? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Do You Really Want Change?
TheRevSWT wrote:

I am referencing... well, let's see... EVER OTHER COACH HE HAS EVER HIRED!.

All three Track and Field coaching hires under him have brought numerous conference championships (to be fair, he did used to be the Track liaison for the department while I was on the team and he was an assistant AD, so he had better first hand knowledge of the sport in that sense).

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

What he has done at SFA is not relevant to his performance here.

I would say his tenure thus far has not been a success, and honestly I don't think he'd disagree with me.

He may yet turn it around, but given this is year what? 5 (I'm honestly guessing, I don't follow basketball much, and I don't follow bad basketball at all) for him? I think that is ample time to turn around almost any program into at least an average team. And given that we are projected to finish 8th, I wouldn't call us average.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:
What he has done at SFA is not relevant to his performance here.

I would say his tenure thus far has not been a success, and honestly I don't think he'd disagree with me.

He may yet turn it around, but given this is year what? 5 (I'm honestly guessing, I don't follow basketball much, and I don't follow bad basketball at all) for him? I think that is ample time to turn around almost any program into at least an average team. And given that we are projected to finish 8th, I wouldn't call us average.

Two years ago we were six points and three minutes away from the NCAA Tournament, I'd say that is showing promise since the same thing happened during his SFA tenure. I will grant you that the SLC is easier to get through than the SBC, but I feel cautiously optimistic that he will deliver in a year or two on a dance appearance.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Two years ago we were six points and three minutes away from the NCAA Tournament, I'd say that is showing promise since the same thing happened during his SFA tenure. I will grant you that the SLC is easier to get through than the SBC, but I feel cautiously optimistic that he will deliver in a year or two on a dance appearance.

Simple easy question: Would you term his tenure here (if it ended tomorrow) as a success?

If you say no, then you can't say he's been successful. I fully grant he may yet turn it around, but I'd also say he should have already turned it around by now, and what he did 2 years ago is not going to help us this year, where again, we are picked 8th. Doesn't mean we'll end up there, just means the coaches in this league (or whoever the hell votes on that) don't think his team is average either.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Kasper had me energized for men's basketball a while back, but it was fleeting. Poor scheduling a few years in a row to stack up sone shitty wins followed by mediocre play has shown how good kasper really is.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Simple easy question: Would you term his tenure here (if it ended tomorrow) as a success?

If you say no, then you can't say he's been successful. I fully grant he may yet turn it around, but I'd also say he should have already turned it around by now, and what he did 2 years ago is not going to help us this year, where again, we are picked 8th. Doesn't mean we'll end up there, just means the coaches in this league (or whoever the hell votes on that) don't think his team is average either.

I'd have to say yes based on what he had when he took over and where he led us to in 2017. That year, we were picked dead last in conference if memory serves me correctly, so I don't put too much stock in being ranked 8th. We should be a bit higher, but that's a discussion for the basketball forum (where I answered that same question a few weeks ago).

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 am