Do You Really Want Change? 
SuperCat

Post Do You Really Want Change?
I'm glad to see students and alum who want to see TXST rise up to the potential that we believe it has. The banner over homecoming and social media activity was great for publicity and raise awareness of the poor job that Larry Teis is doing.

But if you really want to put pressure on the administration to change, we need to contact the Board of Regents. I found the email address for the Chancellor, but only have a mailing address for the regents. I've also noted the TXST alumna.

Just remember, keep it professional, factual, and sincere.

Brian McCall, Chancellor [email protected]

Board of Regents
William F. Scott
Charles Amato
Garry D. Crain (TXST Alumnus)
Dr. Veronica Muzquiz Edwards (TXST Alumnus)
David Montagne
Vernon Reaser III (TXST Alumnus)
Alan L Tinsley

The Texas State University System
Administration Building
601 Colorado Street
Austin, TX 78701-2904

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Do You Really Want Change?
Charles Amato - owner of SWBC in San Antonio..Sam Houston Alum. Also, minority owner of Spurs. Reach out to him. Very open minded guy and heavy supporter of SAM. This is your link to the board in your argument. Keep in mind Trauth has done alot for the university on the education side so don't think you can remove her just because of athletics.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm
SuperCat

Let me reiterate Geno's message...

Your letters/email should focus on Larry Teis' shortcomings as AD. This should not be about Withers or Trauth. We want to pinpoint our efforts on replacing the Athletic Director. Keep your message on a single topic... Larry Teis.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

rtuncap wrote:
Let me reiterate Geno's message...

Your letters/email should focus on Larry Teis' shortcomings as AD. This should not be about Withers or Trauth. We want to pinpoint our efforts on replacing the Athletic Director. Keep your message on a single topic... Larry Teis.

You should peruse previous threads where the emails were provided for all board members. Also, Teis isn't getting forced out. It's simply not something fans/boosters are able to control at this point. He is here for the rest of this year and next year. The only thing fans/boosters could control for this year is getting Withers out.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Teis could absolutely be forced out by the fans/donors.

It would just take a Fields or the like to say he's willing to resume his donations to the university (if he actually stopped them in the first place) if he's replaced.

Either that, or a full consensus of EVERY other donor out there that's not one of the like 5 big fish to band together, and then the big fish to be like "I don't really care one way or another".

And I think it was YOU run faster who provided all the BoR e-mail addresses. Kudos for that. (if it wasn't you, then you suck)

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
And I think it was YOU run faster who provided all the BoR e-mail addresses. Kudos for that. (if it wasn't you, then you suck)

It was. There is a reason why I had all of them posted within 30 seconds. There is a reason how I have brought a bunch of stories from within the program on here that have never been mentioned. There is a reason why I am insisting that you guys are wasting your time and money on Teis. He's safe for the rest of this year and next.

That claim isn't an opinion. That claim also isn't due to any perceived, falsely, affinity that I have for Teis. It's simply not something that is up for debate for the person who makes that decision. On the other hand, something that would have an immediate impact on the football program that could happen this year as a result of fans/boosters is getting rid of Withers.

For whatever reason, you all would rather have an awful 1.5 more years and HOPE that something changes instead of having a damn good shot at immediately improving football and then going for the next level up.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

And there is a reason you are missing the point that replacing Withers but leaving Teis in place is treating the cough, not the cancer.

If Teis stays, I say leave Withers in place. No sense in spending money to buy out Withers contract only for Larry to give the next guy 3 years to do nothing and then fire him all over again.

If Larry is staying, let them all go down together, I say.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
For whatever reason, you all would rather have an awful 1.5 more years and HOPE that something changes instead of having a damn good shot at immediately improving football and then going for the next level up.

In what world do you believe that Teis would make a good hire. I mean, I get that you believe Fran did a good job, but you're flat out wrong there, and past that, he hasn't made a single hire that proved to be successful.

The closest you can come to that would be Kaspar, and I really don't think many would say he's been a success yet. Better than what we had before, but if that's the bar that is being set, then we got a whole other slew of problems.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
In what world do you believe that Teis would make a good hire. I mean, I get that you believe Fran did a good job, but you're flat out wrong there, and past that, he hasn't made a single hire that proved to be successful.

The closest you can come to that would be Kaspar, and I really don't think many would say he's been a success yet. Better than what we had before, but if that's the bar that is being set, then we got a whole other slew of problems.

Why do you continue believing that Teis had much of a say in the hire even though numerous people, including one who allegedly worked in the athletic department, have said it was out of his hands?

And yes, if the cancer has a far longer prognosis, you treat the other things that you can change faster while awaiting the chemo's attempt.

If you pop a ligament that requires surgery, you may have to wait a couple of weeks to go under the knife. In the meantime, you will be given pills to fix the pain and crutches to fix the inability to walk. You aren't ignoring the problem, but rather, fixing what can be fixed now while working towards the end game.

You don't suffer for weeks with the pain and inability to walk just because you're going to have surgery on it inevitably.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:24 am
True Bobcat Fan

It's not whether or not Larry had a hand in the Everett hire, it's what has he shown with his other hires that he'll get this one right? Has he ever landed a good hire? Will big donors (and all donors for that matter) magically start liking him and donating within the next year? Will he magically start having a better media and public presence in the next year? Will he all of a sudden start firing coaches that should have been fired years ago? Can you legitimately answer yes to any of those questions?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

What's worse:
Making a bad hire, or
Not being trusted by your boss so much that you aren't allowed to have a say in a hire when hiring coaches is part of your job.

?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

well, teis checks both boxes, so....

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Why do you continue believing that Teis had much of a say in the hire even though numerous people, including one who allegedly worked in the athletic department, have said it was out of his hands?

Why do you continue to believe that I am referencing Withers? Hell, Teis himself seemingly (from what I got out of the press conference) said he had no choice but to hire the guy.

I am referencing... well, let's see... EVER OTHER COACH HE HAS EVER HIRED!.

Again, to further my own analogy, removing Withers, but leaving Teis is akin to giving a sugar pill to cure the cough of a cancer patient.

Maybe the body quells the cough on it's own and it lumbers on. In the interim? that would be the doctor (in this example, trauth) saying "well, the cough's gone, so we're good".

Until anyone can show me reason to believe that we can succeed (I'm not talking W/L's in football either) with Teis at the helm, all the other moves are just putting lipstick on a pig. And yes, I absolutely just switched metaphors midstream, because... well, because I'm a rebel.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:39 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

As an addendum, Saul mentioned that maybe Withers banged taxman's old lady at one time but it was obviously in jest. Run Faster's singular goal and attempts to in essence "leave larry alone" (not his direct goal, because I don't think he cares about Larry one way or another, but it doesn't serve his ultimate goal of Withers removal), it does genuinely make me wonder if run faster lost a love to Withers or something.

The hatred is so singular.

At least I still mix around my disdain for the Texas State coaches and AD.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Kaspar was inducted into the SFA Hall of Fame, and it's only a matter of time before the foundation is complete on his program at TxSt.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:14 pm