Same Song, Different Verse 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Same Song, Different Verse
I have been away from this site and anything Texas State for awhile but I have visited the site several times this season just to see how things are in San Marcos. Looks like things have not changed and will not get better anytime soon. I have been in NCAA Athletics for 16 years now and I can tell you I have not been happier since I left San Marcos .
I enjoy reading some of some folks views on what is going on in the program. I can say this when someone writes something on here that is just nuts, unfortunately, they are more correct than you may believe. I saw some crazy things while I was there and if I wrote what I saw folks wouldn't believe it but it was true.
Now, that I am in a P5 Athletic Department, I see things differently than I saw them in San Marcos. Here's what you all should know unless Withers screws up something royally, he will serve out his contract. Unless Trauth gets heat from alumni, students and big money donors Teis is not going anywhere. He is doing exactly what is wanted in San Marcos.
My last year in SM, I witnessed some things that made me shake my head in utter disbelief. The last year of Fran was a disaster, I will not go into all of the specifics but it was bad. I was asked what the problem was with the football program and I told the administration what I thought the problem was and what kind of coach was needed. I can almost give Teis a pass on the football coach because he did not have much input on the hire. At first, I thought the hire was good but after he bad mouthed former Texas State SA's, his way of getting rid of Fran's guys and other things(Pro Day fiasco's) was too much and I could no longer support him. I know many former Bobcat players do not approve of him and I am sure for him that's okay but you need former players to support the program. Would I tell a kid to choose Texas State over UTSA, UIW, UTEP, UNT, SMU, Sam, Lamar absolutely I would. There needs to be house cleaning from top to bottom but I don't see it happening and if the team shows progress you can probably see an extension which would be disastrous but that's the Texas State way.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Same Song, Different Verse
Horn cat, glad to have you back.

Just curious, if you're no longer in San Marcos, why can't you finally tell us some of your insider stories? It's not like anyone knows who you are. A lot of folks have left the AD in SM over the last year.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

HornCat wrote:
My last year in SM, I witnessed some things that made me shake my head in utter disbelief. The last year of Fran was a disaster, I will not go into all of the specifics but it was bad.

just want to pull that piece out for our fran lovers on here.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

I really think that people need to stop being anonymous in voicing their displeasure and inside stories.

I have been following a lot of what is going on and I keep seeing people that are clearly connected to the university in some way wanting to hide their identities. Whether it’s that they have built a relationship with an Associate AD or have worked with or for the department in some capacity, being anonymous is going to be an easy out for the university to dismiss you.

At this point, we need to clean house from the AD down for Texas State to live up to the potential we all see.

I am starting to come to the conclusion that an Athletic Director or department that is willing to cut ties with donors and die-hard supporters of the university for speaking out against the downward trajectory of the athletic department as a whole, may not be an athletic department that I want to be a part of. I have enjoyed some insider info from various connections that I have formed over the last 8 or so years, but a lot of those people are no longer there anyways.

Not to mention that if this initiative is successful and we bring in a new AD, all the people and programs that I have built relationships with and been apart of may not be there anymore.

So, with that being said, I am officially joining the #FireTeis movement and I’m willing to live with whatever happens to my connections within the department. We need change, we deserve change, and I will be right back with my full support as soon as Teis is gone and we have refocused our vision for Texas State.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Well spoken Justin, and many others as well. There are so many thoughtful, articulate posts appearing on this board that one has to believe that the groundswell of discontent is growing to a point where it cannot be ignored. I truly believe that change is inevitable. How much change and how soon?...No one knows. I agree that, at this point, the arrogance of our AD has created a culture within the athletic department were there definitely appears to be apathy towards empty bleachers and declining donations. Sooner or later, a pain threshold will be crossed and something will snap. We must continue to be respectfully vocal and continue to vote for change with a closed wallet. The alumni, students, boosters, community, and certainly the athletes deserve better. Stay the course!

Also, thanks to any and everyone involved with the banner fly over and fireteis.com website. Great work.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm ready to donate more money to the #fireteis cause. So far $100 of my plane flight donation has done more for the athletic department then all of my past bobcat club memberships + season tickets combined.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 am