Honest question..... 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Honest question.....
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Anyone know how long the contract Withers signed goes and if there is a buyout clause included? We are going to need that information by year three of his time here......

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:46 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Honest question.....
Uh, and why are you asking this? :?: :?:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 am
True Bobcat Fan

That's a fair question taxman and it holds even more merit since you're the most optimistic person on the board. I (we) fully expected to give up at least 4 yards per carry and at least 42 points given what we knew about their offense and our defense. What was completely inexcusable was what our offense did and didn't do given how their defense played last year against Auburn, MissSt and Ole Miss. 3 points, Withers, Elliott, are you f*cking serious? Do you have any idea what that does to your recruiting? There's no reason we shouldn't have scored 28+ points and made this at least a 17 point game. That's not asking a lot...

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Seriously guys?

Give the man more than one off-season and 2 games before calling for his head.

Even if Fran had stayed, we all new this was going to be a rebuilding year. Even more so with withers and looking to implement real change in the "Frans kinda guys" department.

I'm usually one of the first people to call for change when it's apparent that things aren't moving in the right direction, but we haven't seen anything yet. Don't try to base withers ability to right the ship on his second game here against a ranked SEC team.

Arkansas plays A&M this week and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off an upset. Or at the very least take it to the wire. What happened on Saturday was exactly what anyone paying attention expected.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

LOL

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

I believe Withers signed a 5 year contract. That was reported by Vozzeli back when the announcement of the hire was made.

Not sure if this is accurate or not as I haven't seen confirmation and the source is admittedly not the most reliable ever, but I was told every single assistant is signed only through this season.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:12 pm
Junior Bobcat

You cannot be serious.... After 2 games? TWO games? Withers can't put pads on and run these plays, but he is responsible for a better game plan. Both players and coaches are to blame. Props to Withers for not chewing his players' ass after every play.

This was simply a terrible game on all fronts for a sub-par team versus an SEC opponent.

What did y'all expect to happen?

Give the man time to get his own players in here and then say something.

Unbelievable.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't know if we've ever lost a football game since I joined this site 9 years ago and at least one person didn't call for the head coach's head either during or after the game.

The crazies come out of the woodwork between September and December on this site.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This is dumb and another example of why you are not taken seriously on this board.

There is nothing I enjoy more than kicking around our athletic department, but I only enjoy doing it when I know facts support it. Not even Aggies, Longhorns or the Fightin' Irish, with their renowned unreasonable expectations, would be calling for heads after Game 2. And you're calling for this after we won our first game with a new coach despite being 22+ point dogs? Get real.

Asking for 28 points against the #24 team in the country, and to keep within 17? And implying that our offense should be on par with Auburn, MissSt and Ole Miss only two games into a season?

Of the top Sun Belt teams from last season so far this season:
Arkansas State took a 51-14 loss against unranked Auburn
Appy State got thumped 45-10 against #14 Miami
Georgia State was beat 48-14 by Air Force

ULaLa got thumped 45-10 against Boise State... just thought I'd mention since they are a perennial power in the Sun Belt.

There were some bad things in this Arkansas game, as our offense simply couldn't get started. I think we all now have a better understanding of what it means to lack depth/size/talent on the offensive line.

Arkansas will beat Texas A&M.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Well that was good for a laugh. Even by taxman standards that was special.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:49 pm
SuperCat

As disappointed as I am in the ugly loss, it is pretty stupid to give up on E.W. as coach right now. I think just about everyone on this board assumed we would start the season 0-3 and he has already produced a huge, scintillating, unexpected win for us so far. If you had told me we'd start the season 1-2 instead of 0-3 a few months ago I would not have even believed you. Hell if that's the only win we get all year it's still too early to call for Wither's firing, in my book. You can't expect a coach, any coach, to inherit a 3-9, Fran-built, Sunbelt team and then go conquer ranked SEC teams in the blink of an eye. Let's talk about better game planning, let's talk about better production from the offense so that our already overpowered defense isn't on the field the whole game, whatever, but let's not talk about firing the coach we just brought in before he's even had a full season.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

To be clear, I'm not calling for anyone's head (in case you guys don't remember, I'm always all for letting contracts expire). However, I've seen enough of the coaching philosophy/recruiting and M.O. to see that we probably won't win much once Jones graduates. We may not win that much with Jones still here.

No one expected us to win against Arkansas, a few probably expected it to be a slightly closer game. But this was a through thumping from the get go.

I was genuinely asking the question for future reference purposes only.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
I believe Withers signed a 5 year contract. That was reported by Vozzeli back when the announcement of the hire was made.

Not sure if this is accurate or not as I haven't seen confirmation and the source is admittedly not the most reliable ever, but I was told every single assistant is signed only through this season.

Thanks "X", appreciate it! :sign: :sign:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 pm
SuperCat

That was one bad game.. everything I've seen from withers other than that game has been good. Now in 3 years if we ain't competing w solid teams like Arkansas I'll be w some of you, but withers inherited a team w very Lil talent

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:

To be clear, I'm not calling for anyone's head (in case you guys don't remember, I'm always all for letting contracts expire). However, I've seen enough of the coaching philosophy/recruiting and M.O. to see that we probably won't win much once Jones graduates. We may not win that much with Jones still here.

No one expected us to win against Arkansas, a few probably expected it to be a slightly closer game. But this was a through thumping from the get go.

I was genuinely asking the question for future reference purposes only.

What about his philosophy says we won't win? I would say the opposite. Recruiting is still early but if he can get guys to fit his system then we will see. Fran left the shelves bare on his way out. No back QBs after Jones. This cliff has been coming for a couple years.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:01 pm