More football players dismissed 
SuperCat

Post Re: More football players dismissed
You really are an asshole. Unless you can prove your accusations, keep them to yourself.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

That would be too responsible.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatSideEye wrote:
You really are an asshole. Unless you can prove your accusations, keep them to yourself.

I woke up and took a piss this morning. Does the fact that I can't prove it make it any less true?

Listen, the veracity of my statements should not be questioned. Hell, I make it a point, that if I don't fully know if a rumor is true, to state that. However, the things that I don't mention with that note are true.

Hell, I'll even give you the name of the restaurant AND server of who usually served the small group of staff at lunch when they would have way too many.

Withers hired a full blown drunk to his staff who would drink at lunch, fill his soda can with more alcohol so he could drink throughout the office, and was so drunk before a game that he flipped off students from an opposing school who were in their seats chanting his name. The thing is that Withers knew about his drinking and mentioned his concern to that coach.

This is all coming directly from somebody who witnessed it all with his own eyes. He has nothing to lose or gain from any of the info.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm a believer in second chances unless it was something really bad (yes, I classify sexual assault/domestic violence as really bad). There was never a conviction in the particular case at hand, and I don't think there was an indictment either. Hays County has always been aggressive in prosecuting those, so I'm not sure what is going on with this one.

There is usually progressive discipline with rule violations, so if you're dumb enough to routinely break rules, then I have no issue sending someone packing. It is completely reasonable to ask athletes, especially when getting a free education, to keep their noses clean. You need discipline & consistency.

But I mention second chances... some of our best players have been second chance players from other schools who did clean up their acts when we took a chance on them. Orakpo is the obvious one that comes to mind.

I will also say that if you have a lot of rule violations on a team, it means they don't respect the coach. That is not a good situation.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The most productive player on the team last year failed a drug test the year prior, so it's not like second chances aren't given.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
BobcatSideEye wrote:

I woke up and took a piss this morning. Does the fact that I can't prove it make it any less true?

Listen, the veracity of my statements should not be questioned. Hell, I make it a point, that if I don't fully know if a rumor is true, to state that. However, the things that I don't mention with that note are true.

Hell, I'll even give you the name of the restaurant AND server of who usually served the small group of staff at lunch when they would have way too many.

Withers hired a full blown drunk to his staff who would drink at lunch, fill his soda can with more alcohol so he could drink throughout the office, and was so drunk before a game that he flipped off students from an opposing school who were in their seats chanting his name. The thing is that Withers knew about his drinking and mentioned his concern to that coach.

This is all coming directly from somebody who witnessed it all with his own eyes. He has nothing to lose or gain from any of the info.

Part of you must recognize that there's something untoward about mentioning this (and other) stories because you avoid using basically any names (other than naming Withers). It's not as though it's a question of protecting a source - you avoid naming the very subjects of your stories. Who are the drunkard coaches? If people are skeptical, that may be one reason why.

Last edited by chockyy on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm
SuperCat

He is probably on yelp all day as well. Another fucking whiner's site.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:34 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

cgd469 wrote:
He is probably on yelp all day as well. Another fucking whiner's site.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd be amazed how accurate those reviews tend to be though. Hilarious nonetheless.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The problem is... VERY few people take the time to go write up a review about a decent or pretty good experience, only for a GREAT experience.

While on the other hand, LOTS of people will take the time to go complain about something that was marginally bad.

It's a skewed system, but still... taken in totality, can be useful. (LOTS of bad reviews indicates a pattern. One or two means perhaps an aberration. And MANY great reviews indicates that the owner has lots of friends trying to hook them up)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:48 pm