An Unmentioned Aspect 
True Bobcat Fan

Post An Unmentioned Aspect
The overall offensive structure of this program is atrocious, and that isn't just referring to the on-field action. But I won't get into specifics of some of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

What I don't have a problem discussing is something that anyone can see. All year, there has been one full-time offensive coach in the box. One. Prior to tonight, the only one up there was Kuhr (with GAs). Tonight, Elliott has taken that spot and Kuhr is on the field.

Antoine, Mateos, Mayes, and Elliott have been on the field for every game (except Elliott swapping with Kuhr tonight). To have just one full-time coach in the box is very rare. I'm not making excuses for those guys, but there is a reason almost every staff has at least two full-time guys from each side of the ball up there. It's because one guy can't see everything. You can't expect an OC to see defensive personnel, injuries, defensive fronts, coverages, who came on blitzes, what the line messed up on, what the receivers did, how the QB's eyes were, etc.

And I know they are putting all of the full-time coaches on the field, because they think the offense is young and need the coaches down there to talk to them after each series. That's fine and understandable. But having a GA do that or handing a headset to the player(s) to talk to the coach in the box will allow another full-time coach in the box to help those things. There is going to bring more advantages than the disadvantage of having a GA be the middle-man in talking to a player in between a series or giving the player a headset. The other issue is that it is far easier for a coach to see what is going on in the box than on the sideline. An offensive line coach has his view blocked of the side of the line opposite where he is. Even if he is behind the line, he can't see push or what technique all defensive line players are in. And I don't expect the OL coach in the box, as it is far more important for him to be on the field talking to five guys than it is for say, a TE coach.

It's just very rare to have only one full-time coach from offense in the box. I'm surprised they haven't adjusted that to get another set of experienced eyes (not that half of our offensive staff is very experienced or anything).

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: An Unmentioned Aspect
run faster wrote:
]But I won't get into specifics of some of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Of course not. Because you don't know shit.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:

Of course not. Because you don't know shit.

You sure ran away from the list of things I provided. Want some reminders on more? Withers' wife made a racist comment in front of a group of other coaches wives at an official visit dinner. Unfortunately, one of the recruit's mothers also heard it, voiced her complaint with the comment, and asked to immediately be taken back to her hotel.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

holy shit - can you two just shut the fuck up?! I've been lurking on here for a long fucking time now and nearly every post from you, LSU is bitching about Run's posts. Run, half of yours are attempts at on topic shit. Ya'll are acting like little squabbling kids. For Fucks Sake, this is a football forum. If you want to piss in each other's cheerios, do it in person. This isn't the place for 'you're a moron' and 'stop cock gobbling teis' in every thread.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:07 am
True Bobcat Fan

And you jump in here crying instead of adding to the plethora of good football discussion?

No one will stop me from calling out Larry's lackey, relentlessly deflecting attention away from Larry.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't know how coaches in the box work and don't have anything to add to the actual discussion.

But it would seem you don't either since you only commented on the first sentence? Either way. Fuck off with your drama. No one is rooting for it or wants it here.

-break-

To bring it back on to point, as stated, I don't know how coaching works but I would agree more eyes in the sky, at the very least, wouldn't hurt. I've always thought of Withers as more of a defensively minded coach and this team would be very indicative of that. Our defense is currently ranked 46th overall in the nation (source). Our offense on the other hand, 124th (source) and we have lost to 2 of the 6 teams below us. It's just sad to see the offense with no direction.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quit being small-minded. This is about Run bringing some bullshit rumors here to deflect attention away from Everett. And you fell for it. There's nothing that needs to be discussed about Everett and getting him fired. He's doing a good job of that himself. Everyone, but apparently you, is thinking big picture. Larry worthless teis.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

dude - you're "small minded" delusions are funny. Go live a life

Holy shit - I just understood your picture. You're just a troll. Good times. Had by all. I bet you're great fun at parties

edit: gonna put this out there though I know you specifically probably won't listen: Just because I don't advertise it doesn't mean I haven't personally sent hand written notes to Trauth and the board of regents multiple times since 2008 concerning teis and his shit ways of handling the move to fbs, fans, advertising, coaching hires, coach expectations, etc.

Random thought: the university is a public system with the board placed by the governor and appointed by the senators! GUIZ WE ARE THINKING 2 SMALL MINDEDLY - LETS TALK DIRECTLY TO THE GOVERNOR AND TEXAS STATE SENATORS!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Boko Junky wrote:
For Fucks Sake, this is a football forum. This isn't the place for 'you're a moron' and 'stop cock gobbling teis' in every thread.

Other than over Thanksgiving dinner, a sports message board is probably the most appropriate forum to call somebody a moron.

LSU Bobcat wrote:
This is about Run bringing some bullshit rumors here to deflect attention away from Everett.

You responded to my first post which had absolutely no rumors or controversial subject in it. In other words, your excuse makes no sense.

And you think I am trying to "deflect attention away from Everett"? That makes no sense considering I have made it known that I think Withers should go if he doesn't get a minimum of four wins this year. How the fuck would you conclude that I am trying to deflect attention away from Withers, moron?

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Uhhhh. Of course i meant Larry, you tard.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Uhhhh. Of course i meant Larry, you tard.

Well, your father meant for it to go in your mother's ass instead of her cunt, yet we ended up with you.

Clearly, making mistakes has severe, negative consequences, so try being smarter.

Last edited by run faster on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
Clearly, making mistakes have severe, negative consequences, so try being smarter.

No.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ANY....tinge of credibility that either of the two of you had, is gone.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

GMAN wrote:
ANY....tinge of credibility that either of the two of you had, is gone.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Yes, because crassness and crudeness on an anonymous sports message board has a lot to do with credibility, right?

Have I called you a "moron" before? If not, it's long overdue.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 am