Coaching Relations 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Coaching Relations
TheRevSWT wrote:

I have no idea if his information is accurate as much of is friend of a friend (as is much shared on this board).

Not a friend of a friend. Directly from a friend who I was neighbors with and who was on the staff for a couple of years.

TheRevSWT wrote:

The only other story I can recall that COULD be verified (not saying it's the only one, just the one that comes to mind) is about the recruit who had his offer pulled, but even then, run faster's story has elements that make Withers look bad that never will see the light of day.

The coach that told the family his scholarship was pulled was not going to tell the parents of the family the reason run faster stated. He'd be an absolute fool to do that. So, if the story was true, it will still be different from the family's side. The coach that did it will never say "yeah, that's what Withers said" because... well, that will end up reflecting poorly on him in the future, and future employers won't trust him.

Of course the coach who broke the news didn't sit in the kid's living room and tell him that head coach was pulling his offer because his son said that the recruit's defense was soft. What he did tell him was that they ran out of scholarships, but that he is still wanted to come as a gray shirt and/or preferred walk-on with the ability to earn one.

There were two stories presented about that situation:

1) My story
2) The moron's story who said the kid backed out of his scholarship at the last minute so he could go to school closer to his girlfriend's cosmetology school. It was entirely false. Not only was his GF scheduled to go somewhere else for cosmetology school (a lot closer to San Marcos), but his sister went here and his dad's side of the family was planning on moving here. He wasn't committed for his long as he was only to back out at the very last minute. There wasn't a single thing accurate in his story.

So, yes, my story can very easily be verified by the kid/his family/his high school coach admitting that the offer was pulled at the last minute. They won't be able to verify Withers' son's comment being the major reason behind it, but their acknowledgement that the offer was pulled aligns with my story.

And that's far from the only story shared. Ask the defensive end at Tulsa what happened at the end of his official visit. Hell, ask his JUCO coach who had it out with Withers over it, then was cool with it after Withers lied to him, only to then talk to the Texas State recruiting guy who, oblivious to Withers having lied to the guy, told the JUCO coach the truth about it.

TheRevSWT wrote:

So reading run faster from that perspective makes sense. I am sure there are elements of truth in his story, just as I am equally sure that elements are embellished. That may be EXACTLY as it's conveyed to him, or it may be added on his own. And that's ok. It's just his thing.

There hasn't been a single thing embellished. Some of you have no problem emailing Board of Regents members. Why are you scared to email a JUCO head coach to ask about the situation, the players, etc.?

Absolutely nothing in my stories have been embellished. They are all 100% legitimate. Do you think a full-time Sun Belt coach would take an off-field position at a low ACC school? That's a step down. It's standard for a quality control coach/GA at a P5 school to take an on-field job at a G5 or FCS. It's rare for an on-field FBS coach to take an off-field job even if at a P5.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Almost everything Run says is common knowledge. He didn't even know about Kuhr being demoted. We got that info through a player's dad. I certainly hope he posts more. Run just does what he can to deflect away from worthless Larry. Maybe saul (think it was him) was right, run is Larry's daughter.

Moron, what have I said is common knowledge? The specifics about those two recruits getting fvcked over? The specifics about the Antoine Smith situation? The specifics about Teis and Withers having it out on the tarmac? The specifics about Teis sending a long, in-depth email to Withers that also include Trauth detailing the success of the other sports programs at Texas State compared with football under Withers (which was all regarding the disagreement about Withers wanting more money for official visit budgets so he could house and entertain them in Austin all weekend)? The specifics about how he fvcked over and lied to a coach still there regarding the special teams job?

Those were all common sense?

And how much sense would it be for me to Teis' daughter considering I posted on here that if any of you wanted to get him in some hot water, start asking around about why his daughter, who was underage at the time, was drinking in front of them on road trips.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

With the help of the FOE setting I've finally seen the best run faster post ever:

This post was made by run faster who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Thanks phpBB!!!

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

I have no idea if his information is accurate as much of is friend of a friend (as is much shared on this board).

Not a friend of a friend. Directly from a friend who I was neighbors with and who was on the staff for a couple of years.

You relaying it to us is "friend of a friend".

nobody knows who your neighbor is/was (and I'm not even saying we should), so it's pretty easy to say.... we don't know them. Ergo... Friend of a friend.

Also, if you can't understand why some on this board are willing to voice their complaints to the BoR about an institution they have dollars invested in to ask for change, yet are hesitant to e-mail a coach at a school they have ZERO ties to nor to e-mail a student athlete's family to verify a message board story from someone who has a single clear agenda.... Then I don't know what to tell you man.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:

Also, if you can't understand why some on this board are willing to voice their complaints to the BoR about an institution they have dollars invested in to ask for change, yet are hesitant to e-mail a coach at a school they have ZERO ties to nor to e-mail a student athlete's family to verify a message board story from someone who has a single clear agenda.... Then I don't know what to tell you man.

It gives you definitive proof that what is being presented on here is accurate and that it's not only Withers' coaching abilities that are flawed but also his character.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Run Faster, I stick by my story!

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm