Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 WWW.FireTeis.COM 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: WWW.FireTeis.COM
Thanks for the graph, Saul. Those numbers are deplorable. We have so many successful alumni that are in their peak earning years, or in retirement just looking for donations to write off on their taxes. I can't even imagine the difference it would make to bring some of them back.

Then there's people like me, 3 years graduated, low expenses, decent income on a very quick path to six figures, living 45 minutes away, donates to the alumni association and attends every home tailgate and even an out of state away game last year. Who wants to take a swing at how many times I've even been approached to donate?

Reminds me of the guy I saw on Twitter a few months back, given some "40 Under 40" award in Austin, Bobcat almunus, who received a message from Chris Del Conte to purchase season tickets after some article about him was published, never heard a thing from Teis. I don't understand how someone running one of the largest athletic departments in the country can show more grassroots effort than our sad excuse for a leader.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Look how how many of those little fish he ran off

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 am
True Bobcat Fan

Wow. If I donated $6,000 i'd be one of 6 people in that category. That is mind blowingly sad.

Last edited by LSU Bobcat on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Wow. If I don'ted $6,000 i'd be one of 6 people in that category. That is mind blowingly sad.

Yep. Same category I was in before I reallocated my Bobcat Club and season ticket dollars away from the university.

I'm now in my prime earning years, and our household income is about 30% more than when I cut off donations. And I won't contribute another dollar until Teis is gone or gets a brain transplant. Heck, I may never return at this point--the charities that now get that donation are far more appreciative than anyone at Bobcat Club ever was.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was told today that the BC employs 5 people with a combined salary of ~350k (I can't verify those numbers and the source is admittedly prone to exaggeration [sorry if you're reading this dawg, but its true....]).

Regardless, does anyone know what those guys do?

I was a bronze level donor in 2016. Not exactly a big time donor, but not a $100 guy either.
2017 was a hectic year. I got a new job, moved away from the San Marcos area, and was very busy. I had no idea I never made a donation in 2017. Nobody ever reached out to me. My football season tickets require a BC donation, yet nobody ever said anything and I still got my tickets. I'm a donor again this year because I took it upon myself to login to the website and donate, but I was never reached out to by anyone to ask why they lost me as a donor. And if I did receive that call I'd have just said, oh shit I forgot take my money.

Few of my tailgating group are BC members. All of them are in the 29-34 range and all have decent paying jobs that could likely be easily talked into donating. As far as I know, none of them have ever been reached out to. Two of them were at the UTSA basketball game Saturday, two of them were at the UT volleyball game last week, many of them attended every football home game, some of them made some football away games. So it's a pretty active group in attending events. If people like me and those guys aren't being reach out to, than who is? And what do we need 5 people to manage exactly?

I'm not even sure if the BC falls under the AD in any capacity or if it's a completely separate entity, but from my perspective there doesn't appear to be any proactive outreach whatsoever. And that's a big problem for an organization bleeding donors and $ for 3+ years now.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:51 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
I was told today that the BC employs 5 people with a combined salary of ~350k (I can't verify those numbers and the source is admittedly prone to exaggeration [sorry if you're reading this dawg, but its true....]).

Regardless, does anyone know what those guys do?

Couple of things:

1. There are 5 people employed that handle "donations", so if my hierarchy understanding is square, they handle the BC as well as any and all other athletic donations (touchdown club, diamond club, etc). So when the Fields donated for the upgrade to the stadium, they handled the logistics of that. Given that, it seems a bit... disingenuous to say they just oversee the Bobcat Club.

Now, I'm not dogging on you for that, because I said the exact same effing thing.

2. One of those guys is Comer, he's the head of donations. 2 others are listed as "Asst Director of Major Donations" or something similar. That is absurd. We don't have enough big donations to warrant 2 big dogs and a director. Because you KNOW Larry is handling Fields.

3. We have less than 1,000 paying members (or members paying over $100, which is realistically our lowest payment level). with 5 people, that's 200 people each person in the department should be handling. given roughly 20 business days in a month, there is no reason every BC member isn't getting a personal phone call from them once a month (10 calls a day).

4. Given the donations that the BC is bringing in, we are SEVERELY overstaffed. And since numbers have been steady dwindling, they aren't doing their job to beef up the numbers.

5. The fact that these cock knockers continue to be employed there and even getting raises just makes me dislike Larry more.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
Look how how many of those little fish he ran off

The little fish increased from 2013 to 2018.....don't know which numbers you are looking at.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Those numbers indicate nothing other than:

1. Fran's successful seasons brought in people and money to the program.

2. Those donations and people left after four losing seasons in a row and has nothing to do with AD mismanagement

3. Young alumni/student outreach has been more successful going from 298 in 2013 to 811 in 2018

4. Having two $50K donations more than offset a lot of the lower level donations dropping.

5. Fields will more than likely start donating again.

In essence, Rev posting a supposed indictment on how bad Teis is managing donors and donations, the amount coming in is only a difference of $130K from 2013 to 2018 DESPITE FOUR STRAIGHT losing seasons in football (and if you take out that $102K donation in 2013, the AD is almost even). Bravo Rev, you just proved why Teis still has a job. He's only two more $50K donations or one Jerry Fields $130K donation away from being back up to speed. 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Man, if ignorance is bliss... You must be the happiest man in the world.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:

This is what i was thinking. :lol: Clearly he's given up his alter as Run slower. If you don't realize the student membership is artificially inflated from 160 to 660, I don't know what to tell you.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Taxman is also completely ignoring the fact that Teis's job isn't to maintain a 500-700K donation amount. His job is to grow it as large as possible. The fact that it is lower than it has been in over 5 years is just proof that whatever is being done is not working.

The goal needs to be to get as close to the 10 million range as possible. We need to be at a minimum of 5 million for sure.

The fact that we are barely over 500K and haven't grown in over 5 years shows a complete failure in donor and fan engagement. That is in direct violation of his contract and he should be terminated for that alone.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TheRevSWT wrote:

Sucks when facts don't support your narrative, doesn't it? Your own numbers showcased that Teis and the AD are, in fact, doing their jobs well.

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:19 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Taxman is also completely ignoring the fact that Teis's job isn't to maintain a 500-700K donation amount. His job is to grow it as large as possible. The fact that it is lower than it has been in over 5 years is just proof that whatever is being done is not working.

The goal needs to be to get as close to the 10 million range as possible. We need to be at a minimum of 5 million for sure.

The fact that we are barely over 500K and haven't grown in over 5 years shows a complete failure in donor and fan engagement. That is in direct violation of his contract and he should be terminated for that alone.

Where on earth do you dig up that kind of number from an apathetic fan base and a moribund football program (traditionally the biggest draw of donor dollars)? It's almost like none of y'all have been able to look at a spreadsheet and properly gather information from it, yet y'all think you'd do a better job than Trauth at her job of evaluating personnel properly. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

The 5-10 million is based on number of alumni and donation amounts of our peer universities. The fact that we are no where close does nothing but prove how much of an epic failure the Teis tenure has been.

Scholarships are at $7.2 million a year right now. That should be the goal of the Bobcat Club.

The goal that they have set for themselves is $3 million by 2021-2022.

None of these goals that are being set are going to be reached by going backwards in annual donation amounts. They also won't be reached with a passive athletic department or Bobcat Club staff.

Also, winning won't solve this problem. Sure, we'll see an increase of a few hundred thousand when we have successful winning programs, but it's not going to be an increase in the millions. The only way to get increases in the millions is alumni engagement. That's not happening under Teis.

The fact that you and our athletic leadership is content with bringing in 1/4 of what UTSA and UTEP are bringing in, or about 1/12 of what SMU and UH are bringing in, is exactly what is wrong with this program.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Sucks when facts don't support your narrative, doesn't?

You seem to be the only one that ignores facts to support a narrative around here.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:40 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next