Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 WWW.FireTeis.COM 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: WWW.FireTeis.COM
SWTrefugee wrote:
forget #FireTeis #PleaseFireDenise

You win.

Nothing will ever change until she’s gone. Not even LT being fired. The BofR thinks she’s doing fine and their really not concerned with our athletic program. Until the BofR starts making noise, #fireteis means nothing. Unfortunate b/c the next time realignment happens, we won’t be in the conversation because we’re not winning at our major sports. We have to generate revenue to be successful and that’s a long shot with no vision in the ADs office.

Hopefully, Spavital can win.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm fine with it if you want to defend him. The thing is, every single one of those points, while they look good on the surface, aren't once you take a closer look.

The facilities aspect has been talked about on here before. There has been a facilities boom across the country and we're arguably not keeping up. It's nothing to brag about when you're doing the bare minimum.

"Under his watch students voted for a fee increase" that's because we saw a vision for the future of Texas State and forced their hand.

You can't give him credit for the increase in budget due to that either. He can't influence the growth in student population. That's just free money he's getting. If the growth in budget/revenue was due to an increase in donations, then sure, but you can't give him credit for our student pop growth.

Yes, we have good volleyball, soccer, and softball teams in most years. Once again, all with coaches he did not hire.

"soft factors like fan engagement" - you can absolutely quantify number of donors/amount donated and attendance at games. All indications of fan engagement. Fact is we are way behind our peers in these categories.

The only positive that is legitimate, is our APR. Even there, we're not winning any awards, we're just staying out of trouble with the NCAA.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:46 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:
Arguments for Teis:

New, very good facilities for our teams for a school of our size and level. All built while he was AD (and paid for by the students and donors).

Under his watch, the students voted and approved a fee increase that at the end of the day amounts to each full-time student spending around $170 for athletics that most students never use. The total student body is above 38,000 so enough money there.

Saul might blast me again but right now I am watching the Sunbelt Champion Bobcats finish out the season by giving UT all they have on the Longhorn Network. Several of our other teams are very good.

These solid concrete facts are difficult to overcome. The soft factors like fan engagement are more difficult to quantify.

I know we are not supposed to defend him on this thread. I think we need to figure out why he really keeps his job.

Not gonna hate on anyone defending him, but I would say each of those reasons are not valid (and I ask that you tell me where my thinking is wrong).

1. Those capital projects are not done by his fundraising, but by bonds. That is my biggest complaint with him and got me ready to let him go near 12 years ago. He said he wanted to build a new baseball/softball complex and stated that he wanted to do it in three years. That was part of his becoming the AD. I don't recall the year the complex started construction, but I want to say it was 6 years later, and NOT with donations, but with a bond.

2. I don't understand how him being employed at the time the students passed the referendum is pertinent. It wasn't a case of him going to the ASG and telling him how we needed the funds to make a move or anything like that (at least from my understanding). It was a case of the ASG forcing his hand by literally handing him a blank check.

3. While we have some sports that are doing well, the other half (and the ones that generate the most revenue) have been mediocre at best. Does the moderate success of a handful of programs negate the massive failures of an equal (if not greater) number of other programs?

Also, while I can understand fan engagement as a soft argument, what is NOT soft is the massive reduction in donations and members of the Bobcat Club.

What is also not a soft argument would be the well below average attendance in the majority of our sports.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:00 pm
Junior Bobcat

Utah State (the other aggies) ended up 10-2 and in the top 25 with a $900K coach and the third lowest budget in the MWC. Take notes Larry: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vivath ... te-college

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

By the way... We have a larger budget than Utah State...

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:42 am
SuperCat

I've heard several comments about the drop in donations, but is there any evidence?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

rtuncap wrote:
I've heard several comments about the drop in donations, but is there any evidence?

I have the donor information by year for the past 5 years for the Bobcat Club.

I can say both in number of donors and dollars, we have lost about 30% of donations.

Our donor quantity also has changed as well as the breakout. Our donor base has shifted to about 60% "fresh graduates" that are given the free membership upon graduation. So only 40% of our donor base actually pays for membership of any level.

I'll post the numbers this afternoon.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Dr. Larry Teis and his San Marcos Legacy

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:

Did I miss the numbers?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

Did I miss the numbers?

No, you didn't. I just forgot. And I flipped my numbers. 40% of donors are free, not 60%.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

That's sad. Even at peak, those numbers are pathetic.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

EVERYONE that posts or visits here needs t read this. This article possibly deserves it's own thread Rev.

Thanks for posting SAUL!

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

TheRevSWT wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:

Did I miss the numbers?

No, you didn't. I just forgot. And I flipped my numbers. 40% of donors are free, not 60%.

Those numbers are demoralizing. Although I could see LT spinning this somehow by arguing that the numbers are relatively consistent the past few years, so that should be viewed as a positive. Absolutely shameful if someone tries to hang their hat on this poor of a showing.

Edited to say I am referring to the total number of donors being somewhat consistent the past few years, not the $$$ raised.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Will be really nice to see those numbers dramatically increase after we Fire Teis.
We should have like a telethon set up, with live TV and a Brant hosting, Bill C taking inbound calls & total donations counter... "Rev just pledged $$$$, Malleus called to offer $$$$" :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next